Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

after test drive the harrier turbo at BM, my conclusion is harrier turbo is a better ride

its more responsive and pick up is more punchy

interior also does not lose out to GLC , in fact personally i prefer the harrier interior more

best of all, its $50k cheaper and come with 5yr agent warranty

the only thing to justify the additional $50k+ for the GLC is the brand and logo 

most people would prefer star over bird 

You should try the XC40 T5 momentum.  You might be pleasantly surprised.   

---end threadjack---

Edited by Mason016
↡ Advertisement

Yes, should shop around and do your homework before commiting.

Why not try the 2018 facelifted macan? I think you might find yourself saving another 80k over and on top of the 50k you saved. 

havent buy yet, still shopping around

many new SUVs model coming out soon

spoilt for choices

Turbocharged

Why don't you bitcoin instead? Lol

Heh heh.. also ..

Actually hoh I used to drive the A6 hoh.. then scrap cum then look look GLC and E.. then check bank account .. wa jialat.. Wife one car.. Daughter one car.. no can afford GLC ..end up Subaru Outback.. got $$$ buy la.. got no enuf $$$ buy the next best u can afford... it I got $$$ u think i get the GLC.. pooi.. I get the felali

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 1

Heh heh.. also ..

Actually hoh I used to drive the A6 hoh.. then scrap cum then look look GLC and E.. then check bank account .. wa jialat.. Wife one car.. Daughter one car.. no can afford GLC ..end up Subaru Outback.. got $$$ buy la.. got no enuf $$$ buy the next best u can afford... it I got $$$ u think i get the GLC.. pooi.. I get the felali

Got $$$ buy G Wagen.

Fellali everywhere also got

after test drive the harrier turbo at BM, my conclusion is harrier turbo is a better ride

interior also does not lose out to GLC , in fact personally i prefer the harrier interior more

the only thing to justify the additional $50k+ for the GLC is the brand and logo 

I came from bird (non-turbo) to star ... though bird's interior more spacious, but ride wise very different, Power wise cannot comment cos my ex-bird was non-turbo as mentioned. Interior styling wise, to each of its own ...

Bird = Bentley?

I came from bird (non-turbo) to star ... though bird's interior more spacious, but ride wise very different, Power wise cannot comment cos my ex-bird was non-turbo as mentioned. Interior styling wise, to each of its own ...

try the turbo bird, its engine is 70 bhp more (or 50% higher) than the non turbo bird

try the turbo bird, its engine is 70 bhp more (or 50% higher) than the non turbo bird

if considering factor is power alone, then I supposed TC Harrier will be good. In fact many also say Subaru Forester XT's power is good and super VFM too. Many taking Harrier & Forester as direct comparison.

Blue Bird?

if considering factor is power alone, then I supposed TC Harrier will be good. In fact many also say Subaru Forester XT's power is good and super VFM too. Many taking Harrier & Forester as direct comparison.

"Blue Bird" ... is it what Sylphy in MY called?

Blue Bird replacement is Teana.

Supersonic

Yes, should shop around and do your homework before commiting.

Why not try the 2018 facelifted macan? I think you might find yourself saving another 80k over and on top of the 50k you saved.

Macan means another level up liao.
  • Praise 1

No way the Harrier is comparable to GLC.  The interior is so dated especially the gear lever.  The infotainment system is another let down. 

The noise insulation in the GLC is way better.  Gently knock on the door and you will be feel the difference.

Save $50k yes but enjoy the same level of comfort / luxury as GLC, no....

*** my experience as a passenger on the BM's Harrier...

you must be sitting in the old harrier

welcome to the new world of harrier TURBO 

No way the Harrier is comparable to GLC.  The interior is so dated especially the gear lever.  The infotainment system is another let down. 

The noise insulation in the GLC is way better.  Gently knock on the door and you will be feel the difference.

Save $50k yes but enjoy the same level of comfort / luxury as GLC, no....

*** my experience as a passenger on the BM's Harrier...

thanks for recommending , will try subaru forester XT and mitsubishi outlander this weekend 

so far have tried x-trail, GLC, harrier turbo 

xtrail rather sluggish and the last 2 row look like mini seats, GLC okok but cost 50-60k more than the same size jap SUV

i like harrier turbo best , reasonably priced, good pickup, nice interior, good design and great reliability

(hopefully since its a toyota)  [laugh]

"Blue Bird" ... is it what Sylphy in MY called?

Heh heh.. also ..

Waaa knn u so rich ... buy daughter 1 car.

You havent tell us how many mistresses u have

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2