Discussion for Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Dice

Nope. once you stagger the general rule of thumb is you give up rotation.

Rotation is mainly to even out any uneven wear on the tires to prolong their lifespan....how much of the lifespan you prolong is debatable.

This is another reason why a lot of people hesitate to go stagger set up for the increased running cost as you might need to change your tyres more frequently.

I on the other hand, am thinking of using staggered tyres on a square setup.

All rims at 8.5J but front running 225 or 235 and rear running 255.

Cos there's ex stock for 8.5J but none for 9J. Need to wait a few months.

↡ Advertisement

Damn how come I cannot find the button to send PM ? I want to ask some of you where to get certain aftermarket nice stuff that you guys have on your ride.

Damn how come I cannot find the button to send PM ? I want to ask some of you where to get certain aftermarket nice stuff that you guys have on your ride.

If u r using mobile version of MCF, there's an envelope button at the top of the page. Search for the forummer's nick and send from there.

If u r using mobile version of MCF, there's an envelope button at the top of the page. Search for the forummer's nick and send from there.

I did exactly that and only can see that person's profile and the few posts that person made. Cant find the icon for PM. Is it because I have jot clocked enough post ?

I did exactly that and only can see that person's profile and the few posts that person made. Cant find the icon for PM. Is it because I have jot clocked enough post ?

Unlikely cos I have received PM Spam from users with even lesser posts than u.

Did u see this? The "Compose New" button

post-1798-0-79692700-1540433432_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Theoldjaffa

The reason for considering this staggered tyres on square rims setup?

If for looks, the rear staggered (9J vs 8.5J) usually means the 9J rim face is deeper set (ie. deep dish effect) and the rims are usually pushed out abit more (offset play). That is the look that staggered rims achieve when looking from the side and quadrant view. So, using a wider tyre on square rims at the rear will not achieve this effect.

of course from the rear, the wider tyre width will look broader and means business.

Maybe you can consider using the square rims with square tyres and just add a good quality  H&R Spacer 20-25mm in the rear. That way you pushes out your rear track width, achieve a staggered look and will feel the improvement in lateral stability and cornering road holding.

Just a suggestion for you to consider.

I on the other hand, am thinking of using staggered tyres on a square setup.

All rims at 8.5J but front running 225 or 235 and rear running 255.

Cos there's ex stock for 8.5J but none for 9J. Need to wait a few months.

what do you intend to get?

post here, share share poisons

once you go staggard rims...dont think about rotation.

my previous ride (RWD) was also on staggard rims and different size tyres front n back

used michelin tyres PSS for 75k km still have thread before i changed out cos rubber a little hard

2nd sets tyres (same PSS) used about 50k km+, but notice 1 tyre slight uneven wear (could be due to other reason.... sold the car after

Edited by Sunny
  • Praise 1

I want to ask @vratenza where he got his vertical grill (I know it's from TaoBao but I cant find it) as well as the dividing tray under the arm rest as well as the rear boot tray.

my previous ride (RWD) was also on staggard rims and different size tyres front n back

used michelin tyres PSS for 75k km still have thread before i changed out cos rubber a little hard

2nd sets tyres (same PSS) used about 50k km+, but notice 1 tyre slight uneven wear (could be due to other reason.... sold the car after

If that's the life span of the tyres I think I can live with the staggered rims. Good info.

Bro what was your previous car?

I am on square now, RWD and my first set of tyres (PS4) lasted me only 26k even with rotation.

Maybe that's because I changed from 225/45/R17 ET45 to 225/40/R18 ET38. So the tyres are pushed out more resulting in more wear at the inner tyres.

Edited by Theoldjaffa

The vertical grill:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.42172e8dFmBR0m&id=570362823608&_u=p1ohptee39e1

Arm-rest divinding tray:

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=545687223295&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.42172e8dFmBR0m&_u=p1ohptee949d

(note: this is my 2nd purchase because the 1st one's tab broke after I force closed it. This one design is better and sturdier)

Rear boot lining:

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=526192488668&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.42172e8dFmBR0m&_u=p1ohpteedd21

I want to ask @vratenza where he got his vertical grill (I know it's from TaoBao but I cant find it) as well as the dividing tray under the arm rest as well as the rear boot tray.
If that's the life span of the tyres I think I can live with the staggered rims. Good info.

• Praise 1

Bro what was your previous car?

I am on square now, RWD and my first set of tyres (PS4) lasted me only 26k even with rotation.

Maybe that's because I changed from 225/45/R17 ET45 to 225/40/R18 ET38. So the tyres are pushed out more resulting in more wear at the inner tyres.

Was f30 316i

Don’t rem exactly tyres size

Front 245/xx/19

Rear 275/xx19

I was also amazed with the mileage and like PSS a lot..a good all rounder

That’s why 2nd change I took same PSS

Have to see what brand tyres, driving style

Type of car

Get those tyres which better wear rate if want last longer. (But dunno If true here)

Tried kumho tyres before but wears faster than toyo and Goodyear f1 which has lower wear rate than kumho (used on same ride)

• Praise 1

What's PSS?