• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
2536 replies to this topic | 5,328 praises

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:55 PM

Tbln
  • Tbln
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Does anyone have any idea what the ideal/recommeded alignment settings for the GLC250 4matic are? Thanks in advance.

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:38 AM

Iconchia
  • Iconchia
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I had a slightly different problem. The system clock keeps slowing by a few min every 1-2 weeks.

Solution: go back to c&c for a firmware update and problem solved.

The firmware took about 6mth from the time I complained to c&c though.

Thanks. Went to PI-appointed workshop to check. Indeed a firmware problem. Apparently, there is no issue if the time is set to Hong Kong time. Not sure why but after the updates, it worked.

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:09 PM

maverick22
  • maverick22
    Clutched
    Author Image

Perhaps you could consider the Michelin PS4 SUV? Itâs supposed to be the replacement for the LS3. Changed a few days ago and it definitely is better than the standard runflats that originally came with the car. Even new, I already feel the improved traction and steering feel. Running at 34psi, the ride is better but I would not call it plush. Letâs see how it settles in.

http://www.tyrerevie...UV-Launched.htm

Thanks! PS4 is quite new...just launched this year.
The tyre shop I went to doesn’t have it yet even though they are an authorized Michelin dealer. Settled for LS3 instead... happy so far. Will probably go for PS4 for the next tyre change.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:55 PM

subzero17
  • subzero17
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I m in the same predicament as u. Current car hi coe. To top it off, wear n tear costs are coming in.

How high is high COE. Family car is at 78k for COE. Changing soon though

Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:26 PM

Cybersurf
  • Premium member
    Cybersurf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Did any of you get a "Check Brake Pad Wear" message at about 25,000km?
Mine just came up, and wondering how long more would brake pad last.

If 25,000km too short for brake pad to wear out?

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:13 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Same at around 25k

Actually i think its about right

Edited by Throttle2, 29 June 2019 - 09:13 PM.

Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:14 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

KNNBCCB

Some b**tard stole my front AMG chrome trim( right)

Fuccking shithead!
Give away my CPF

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:27 PM

Cybersurf
  • Premium member
    Cybersurf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

KNNBCCB

Fuccking shithead!

Fierce!  Didn't know trim people also want to kapok :-(

Same at around 25k

Actually i think its about right

Noted.  Did you swap it out or drag till next servicing?  Went for stock MB pads?

Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:13 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Fierce! Didn't know trim people also want to kapok :-(

Noted. Did you swap it out or drag till next servicing? Went for stock MB pads?

Same time service.
Used original Mb pads.
In my opinion, no need to use MB pads.
Many suitable ones out there.
Cheaper and as good
Just get OEM
Sunny praised this
Give away my CPF

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:13 AM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mine 25.4k km
No sign yet
Maybe long distance driving

But 25k km a little fast (in my standard)
Maybe big car
Spring and Uncle2 praised this

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:11 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Mine 25.4k km
No sign yet
Maybe long distance driving

But 25k km a little fast (in my standard)
Maybe big car

Yes makes a difference
Mine is basically all start stop driving
Give away my CPF

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:42 PM

Cybersurf
  • Premium member
    Cybersurf
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Same time service.
Used original Mb pads.
In my opinion, no need to use MB pads.
Many suitable ones out there.
Cheaper and as good
Just get OEM

Thanks for the comments guys.  Appreciate it.

Swapped my brake pads today.  $280 for a pair for rear wheels.  Front seemed ok.

Mine also similar, more city than highway driving.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:46 PM

Theone83
  • Theone83
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi guys, 

I have a question, anyone know where is the air inlet to the car aircon? we have the option to have internal circulation and have air coming in from outside of car. I just like to find out where is that air inlet.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi guys, 

I have a question, anyone know where is the air inlet to the car aircon? we have the option to have internal circulation and have air coming in from outside of car. I just like to find out where is that air inlet.

not sure about other cars but mine is sucking air from the area/gap between the windscreen and bonnet where the wipers are located

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:22 PM

terencecastillo
  • terencecastillo
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a second hand seven & a half year old Merc E200 7G. I recently had it serviced at Kompressor Motor in Kaki Bukit and I found the owner & mechanic Mr Mohd Ali to be a great mechanic who did a great job on my car. He was very professional and informative and helped me saved quite a bit as I had to change my front and back shock absorbers as well as my transmission oil which the dealer told me his workshop changed but in actual did not. Secondly, he knew I needed the car early the next day so he worked on the car till about 11pm so I could collect it at about 11.30pm after work.

That for me says it all about Ali and I highly recommend him for anyone who needs a good and trustworthy mechanic to take care of your car.

Thanks again Ali for a job well done!

Terence  

Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:49 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

KNNBCCB

Fuccking shithead!

Got the part from Min Ghee to replace.
$80 including gst
Give away my CPF

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:10 PM

TeamAMG69
  • TeamAMG69
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a second hand seven & a half year old Merc E200 7G. I recently had it serviced at Kompressor Motor in Kaki Bukit and I found the owner & mechanic Mr Mohd Ali to be a great mechanic who did a great job on my car. He was very professional and informative and helped me saved quite a bit as I had to change my front and back shock absorbers as well as my transmission oil which the dealer told me his workshop changed but in actual did not. Secondly, he knew I needed the car early the next day so he worked on the car till about 11pm so I could collect it at about 11.30pm after work.

That for me says it all about Ali and I highly recommend him for anyone who needs a good and trustworthy mechanic to take care of your car.

Thanks again Ali for a job well done!

Terence  

Bro Terence, 

your post seems too real / legit to be true, your very first post you sing praise for this workshop, are you related to him?

dun mind, can show some proof of ownership of your Mercs E200 7G and also the Service Report Receipt ? 

with all due respect to this workshop, I have never hear before this workshop name in any Merc chat group / forumn....

Phang praised this

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Clubace77  |  Neutral Newbie

Performance SUV that captured my heart by chance

I have been hunting for a SUV with the joy of a newborn along the way, and running a BMW M4, my priorities were on the luxury and power that I was accustomed with which left me with the likes of the VW Tiguan R-line, Audi Q5, BMW X3 and the J... » Read More

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Coupe

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Coupe  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by DopeyOne  |  4th Gear

Trustworthy and Reliable GLC250

Spacious was the first impression upon sitting into the driver's seat. Rear passengers cabin space is equally spacious, as compared to the other 2 SUVs am currently driving. Overall impression is trustworthy and reliable. Drive itself is sm... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Quick Reply

Tags: mercedes-benz, glc, mercedes, suv and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users