• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
2558 replies to this topic | 5,368 praises

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:08 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it.
Swapped my brake pads today. $280 for a pair for rear wheels. Front seemed ok.
Mine also similar, more city than highway driving.

Did you replace at cnc or outside? If it's agent pricing it's very affordable for this cat of car.
FS

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

cachaca
  • cachaca
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

GLC250 weighs in at 1.7+ tonnes, it’s 4matic plus higher drag coefficient compared to sedans.

My F/C overall is 11.2L/100km for 20000+km
Shell 95, SUV AMG Line stock

Thanks for sharing. Yes, the kerb weight for the GLC250 is around 1.7x tonnes but an E class is also around 1.6x tonnes. Drag coefficient, wheel size, EO, driving behaviour aside.  I see no reason why a GLC250 (stock condition) is unable to achieve anything less than 10L / 100km based on the specifications given. So far, based on those I have asked, unfortunately none of them is able to achieve this figure on a single full tank. 

Specs provided by Mercedes = 

E200 4matic (1.6x tonnes) - Specs = 8.9 L / 100km worst case URBAN drive. 

GLC 4matic (1.7x tonnes) - Specs = 8.7 L / 100km worst case URBAN drive. 

Looking at above, even if we factor in 20% of error, i think most E200 4matic drivers will share that they are OK to achieve 10L / 100km or less on a single full tank. 

However, GLC 4matic drivers - most will struggle to even be close to 11L / 100km on a full tank. 

Wonder if any others can share their experience. 

Thanks

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:08 PM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Looking at above, even if we factor in 20% of error, i think most E200 4matic drivers will share that they are OK to achieve 10L / 100km or less on a single full tank. 

However, GLC 4matic drivers - most will struggle to even be close to 11L / 100km on a full tank. 

Thanks

There is no error involved, there are only lies, damned lies and vehicle fuel efficiency specs.

My previous E-class was doing mostly 13.5L/100km and at best 12.5L/100km when I drive less aggressively. My engine was bigger at 2.5L but it was also 1.6+ tonnes, which is one of the main determining factor. With 4matic and higher drag coefficient, SUV should be less efficient compared to E-class.

So if I am getting 11L/100km for a GLC, I would be quite happy already. Since you are driving a Merc, don't think so much about the fuel efficiency already.

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:17 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

There is no error involved, there are only lies, damned lies and vehicle fuel efficiency specs.

My previous E-class was doing mostly 13.5L/100km and at best 12.5L/100km when I drive less aggressively. My engine was bigger at 2.5L but it was also 1.6+ tonnes, which is one of the main determining factor. With 4matic and higher drag coefficient, SUV should be less efficient compared to E-class.

So if I am getting 11L/100km for a GLC, I would be quite happy already. Since you are driving a Merc, don't think so much about the fuel efficiency already.

:a-m1212: 

andrewyewkc praised this

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:20 PM

TeamAMG69
  • TeamAMG69
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for sharing. Yes, the kerb weight for the GLC250 is around 1.7x tonnes but an E class is also around 1.6x tonnes. Drag coefficient, wheel size, EO, driving behaviour aside.  I see no reason why a GLC250 (stock condition) is unable to achieve anything less than 10L / 100km based on the specifications given. So far, based on those I have asked, unfortunately none of them is able to achieve this figure on a single full tank. 

Specs provided by Mercedes = 

E200 4matic (1.6x tonnes) - Specs = 8.9 L / 100km worst case URBAN drive. 

GLC 4matic (1.7x tonnes) - Specs = 8.7 L / 100km worst case URBAN drive. 

Thanks

there is a group chat for Merc GLC owners - why dun you go there and check with them ?

Edited by TeamAMG69, 19 July 2019 - 11:21 PM.

andrewyewkc praised this

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:45 PM

cachaca
  • cachaca
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks Andrew. That's quite odd. I also drove an e250 and the FC was easily 9L/100km on comfort mode. So I think can achieve 8L/100km on eco.

there is a group chat for Merc GLC owners - why dun you go there and check with them ?

Thanks. Will do 👍
andrewyewkc praised this

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:01 AM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm sure he can afford the FC.

It's about why the great disparity between paper specs and real world performance.

If FC was one of the differentiating factors between choosing GLC and another car, and GLC was chosen because of supposedly better FC.. and the owner has every reason to question why the FC is not as stated or even near.
andrewyewkc praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:20 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks Andrew. That's quite odd. I also drove an e250 and the FC was easily 9L/100km on comfort mode. So I think can achieve 8L/100km on eco.
Thanks. Will do ð

Are you in a stop go urban setting?

Posted 20 July 2019 - 11:54 AM

cachaca
  • cachaca
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Are you in a stop go urban setting?

Hi MKL. I would say yes urban environment in Comfort mode.  I drove 3 different cars in a span of 2 weeks along the same route with same settings. The E and the C have similar consumption in comparison to specs and maybe off by 10-20%. But somehow, the GLC is off by a lot (> 50%). There are drivers who shared of similar high FC but not in Singapore. Some even said the engine has not "broken in". Hmmm.

I'm sure he can afford the FC.

It's about why the great disparity between paper specs and real world performance.

If FC was one of the differentiating factors between choosing GLC and another car, and GLC was chosen because of supposedly better FC.. and the owner has every reason to question why the FC is not as stated or even near.

Yes!. You are spot on. I am just very curious why the GLCs have GREAT difficulties to achieve < 10L / 100km even on ECO mode and light footed driving. C / E / GLx in comparison, somehow the ride I am having now, just seemed way off the charts when it comes to FC comparison. Haha.. haven't test and compare the HP yet !

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:51 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Probably the 4wd drag? Should easily account for 10~20%.

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:36 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My bro's GLC250D no problem achieve 1,000km per tank. [:p] If FC is a concern, should  have gone for a diesel. [grin] 

andrewyewkc praised this

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:44 PM

Steptronic
  • Steptronic
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

1000 kms in 66 litres = 15kmpl, wow impressive

My bro's GLC250D no problem achieve 1,000km per tank. [:p] If FC is a concern, should  have gone for a diesel. [grin] 

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:49 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi MKL. I would say yes urban environment in Comfort mode.  I drove 3 different cars in a span of 2 weeks along the same route with same settings. The E and the C have similar consumption in comparison to specs and maybe off by 10-20%. But somehow, the GLC is off by a lot (> 50%). There are drivers who shared of similar high FC but not in Singapore. Some even said the engine has not "broken in". Hmmm.

Yes!. You are spot on. I am just very curious why the GLCs have GREAT difficulties to achieve < 10L / 100km even on ECO mode and light footed driving. C / E / GLx in comparison, somehow the ride I am having now, just seemed way off the charts when it comes to FC comparison. Haha.. haven't test and compare the HP yet !

Mercedes Germany shows 8.9 - 9.6L/100km for urban cycle

Posted Yesterday, 09:35 AM

TeamAMG69
  • TeamAMG69
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

GLC Diesel - very rare, your bro made a very good choice,

was it a AD or PI car?

Posted Yesterday, 10:30 AM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Would like to find out the fuel consumption for most GLC250 drivers here. The specs given for GLC250 is around 7L per 100km and maybe for urban driving about 8.5L per 100km. Factor in heavy footed driving probably 9.5L per 100km. So far most of the time I am only able to achieve on average 13L to 14L per 100km and that is light footed driving in ECO mode. My car is stock with no mods to the ECU and less than 5000km mileage.

I use shell 98 fuel and 19 inch wheels.

Having driven C and E class, the specs and actual fuel consumption doesn't differ that much.

Appreciate some thoughts why actual fuel consumption is so much difference compared to on paper.

Thanks

The main factor is urban city driving versus highway driving. I drive a turbo SUV (non-Merc) myself.

City driving is probably around 14l/100km. pure highway driving is around 7l/100km.

If you drive mainly short trips or in urban traffic then you will kena bad consumption regardless.

The 2nd important factor is your right foot, if you do hyper-milling approach - rev up to speed then cruise with no throttle, cruise to stop with minimum brake etc, then your FC will also increase.

Posted Yesterday, 02:22 PM

cachaca
  • cachaca
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Mercedes Germany shows 8.9 - 9.6L/100km for urban cycle

Yes. Its about right. GLCs if properly tuned should be < 10L / 100km for urban drive.

The main factor is urban city driving versus highway driving. I drive a turbo SUV (non-Merc) myself.

City driving is probably around 14l/100km. pure highway driving is around 7l/100km.

If you drive mainly short trips or in urban traffic then you will kena bad consumption regardless.

The 2nd important factor is your right foot, if you do hyper-milling approach - rev up to speed then cruise with no throttle, cruise to stop with minimum brake etc, then your FC will also increase.

Thanks yes agree on the points you made. Am aware on the the right foot factor. Anyway, the whole point of bringing this up as mentioned, is why the disparity between specifications and actual experience from the stock car received. The difference is > 4L / 100km which I think is way too far.  

Posted Yesterday, 03:09 PM

Cybersurf
  • Premium member
    Cybersurf
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Did you replace at cnc or outside? If it's agent pricing it's very affordable for this cat of car.

Mine is PI car :-)

Fuelsaver praised this

Posted Yesterday, 04:48 PM

Cybersurf
  • Premium member
    Cybersurf
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

got this error message after parked my car for whole day at the office, 

(similar picture I took off the internet, not exactly mine)

hqdefault.jpg

Weird, never happened to me before even when I left my car untouched for 2 weeks when I was overseas.

after driving it home and this morning restart the engine, the message is gone.

Anyone else have similar encounter?

Now my turn to hit this dreaded message just 13 months on the road :-(

Did a quick check using ODB II, battery about 12.5V when switched off, and hit around 13.3V when running.

Mine is a 800A Exide battery.

Is the battery gone case?  Is there a way to reset the warning and monitor again?

Posted Yesterday, 09:52 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

GLC Diesel - very rare, your bro made a very good choice,
was it a AD or PI car?

PI from TTS.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by baml2010  |  Neutral Newbie

Desirable stylish suv

In the market for compact/mid size suv and test drove the GLC 200. This is definitely more of a want than a need with the stunning exterior. Was one of our top considerations given its competitive pricing, but main issue is the interior size... » Read More

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Adamlimzg  |  Neutral Newbie

GLC - Grand , Luxury , Comfort!

Sporty outlook and great comfort be it the driver or passenger. It exterior design are very well thought of. The engine give the GLC a bonus for a premium mid-size SUV. Never lag of power when you needed it. Superior interior design and layo... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class

Quick Reply

Tags: mercedes-benz, glc, mercedes, suv and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users