Suggestions for short drive getaway?

Little_prince

(edited)

Wow... That was very early. I am planning to go to Kuantan by Woodlands. Thinking of leaving my place at 4 - 430am. Good time? Scared crossed the border too early dunno where to go.

That should be ok, depending on where you stay. Traffic usually starts to build up by 0630 hrs @ Woodlands.

I always believe in driving night time so I can focus better.

The glaring heat from the sun in the day will reduce your concentration and make you more prone to dozing off.

Night time windows up, air con off, fresh air mode = better fuel economy and "free" air con.

Most importantly, travelling at that "ghostly" timing means very light traffic on NSHW and being able to test your car maximum speed without the worry of "kopi money". [sly]

Most of them, if not all, will be hiding somewhere and sleeping [laugh]

Edited by Sunset73
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Wow... That was very early. I am planning to go to Kuantan by Woodlands. Thinking of leaving my place at 4 - 430am. Good time? Scared crossed the border too early dunno where to go.

If your cross over before 6am, then just hit the road to Kuantan....drive to about 7am, if you use NSH, can stop at any R&R along the way for bf, if using route 3, then BKT at Kota Tinggi for bf...

(edited)

That should be ok, depending on where you stay. Traffic usually starts to build up by 0630 hrs @ Woodlands.

I always believe in driving night time so I can focus better.

The glaring heat from the sun in the day will reduce your concentration and make you more prone to dozing off.

Night time windows up, air con off, fresh air mode = better fuel economy and "free" air con.

Most importantly, travelling at that "ghostly" timing means very light traffic on NSHW and being able to test your car maximum speed without the worry of "kopi money". [sly]

Most of them, if not all, will be hiding somewhere and sleeping [laugh]

I am staying at Hougang. So will be taking the Woodland Checkpoint.

I will be taking Route 3 all the way. I also like to travel about 5am. As what you have mentioned, traffic is lighter and weather is cooler. Just worried the road reflectors are not as visible as NSHW is too early. Never travel on trunk roads so early before. [sweatdrop]

If your cross over before 6am, then just hit the road to Kuantan....drive to about 7am, if you use NSH, can stop at any R&R along the way for bf, if using route 3, then BKT at Kota Tinggi for bf...

Dunno if the Kiang Kee BKT open already or not.

But wife likes the BKT there. Hehehe.

I believe when you reach Kiang Kee BKT at Kota Tinngi, they are also not opened yet. You could try breakfast at Mersing instead.

Another option is like what you suggested, eat breakfast (Fishball noodle) at Mersing.

Edited by Blackaccent

this route can stop at ampang for YTF

also have nice seafood at kg bukit tinggi

don't stop for meals very wasted

:D

wah lau... still stop for food... want to reach asap because usually reach liao.... rest awhile then need to bring in laws to kuantan city to buy things.... 45min-1hr drive away then hope everything done before sunset because if not go back no street lights <_<

My kids go school on the 6 and my wife has no more leave cos she book all her leave for Christmas and New Year.

Planning to go back to her hometown in Philippines with my kids.

Got enrichment classes for the kids on the 9th - just called and confirmed. Wife would also like to spend National Day here.

So can only go on the 7th and back on the 8th. No choice.

2D/1N is abit too short but just for the fun of it.

taxing but it's your choice...

I will be taking Route 3 all the way. I also like to travel about 5am. As what you have mentioned, traffic is lighter and weather is cooler. Just worried the road reflectors are not as visible as NSHW is too early. Never travel on trunk roads so early before. [sweatdrop]

let me know 5-6am jam anot... I suspect may jam

• Praise 1

Dunno if the Kiang Kee BKT open already or not.

But wife likes the BKT there. Hehehe.

Another option is like what you suggested, eat breakfast (Fishball noodle) at Mersing.

Kiang Kee opens at around 730 am.

• Praise 1

When I read the title and wanting to post two suggestions, you have already mentioned.

Both locations are good short drive getaway! :slow:

As for Lotus resort @ Desaru, don't miss the famous lobster restaurant!

Try the herbal chicken soup and different lobster cooking methods. :secret-laugh::nosebleed::inlove:

What car are you driving? If your car has projector headlights, it should be quite ok as the light throw is further.

I usually travel on Lane 1 (overtaking lane) with ease.

If you are on normal halogen bulbs, you might want to consider OSRAM NIGHTBREAKER.

That helped me a lot on NSHW at night.

I can confirm with you 4am no jam... [laugh]

(edited)

Kiang Kee is yummy. I just went 2 weeks ago. Just be wary that by 1030am, some stuff are already sold out.

As for Lotus resort @ Desaru, don't miss the famous lobster restaurant!

Try the herbal chicken soup and different lobster cooking methods.

You are referring to Jade Garden? Ever since they shifted to the new building, I never try it. Price increased. I tried the one opposite their previous shop called "Sin Kong" based on this - http://explorelah.blogspot.sg/2013/04/pengerang-cycling-tour-from-sungai.html. Ok not too bad

Edited by Extremme

wah lau... still stop for food... want to reach asap because usually reach liao.... rest awhile then need to bring in laws to kuantan city to buy things.... 45min-1hr drive away then hope everything done before sunset because if not go back no street lights <_<

Yeah. Tried once last year during Good Friday for 2D1N to Cherating,

Quite tiring I would say. Leave home at 6am, reach Woodlands at 6.15am jam liao.

So this time, am targeting to leave at 4.30am. Hopefully smooth smooth,

Thanks for the timing.

What car are you driving? If your car has projector headlights, it should be quite ok as the light throw is further.

I usually travel on Lane 1 (overtaking lane) with ease.

If you are on normal halogen bulbs, you might want to consider OSRAM NIGHTBREAKER.

That helped me a lot on NSHW at night.

I can confirm with you 4am no jam... [laugh]

I am driving 320 (E90) with normal halogen lamp.

Tried driving on the trunk road back to Lotus Desaru after dinner at Jade Garden....

Quite dangerous as cannot see any reflector at the side to

Guide. Used high beam and switched back to low when got on coming cars.

Turbocharged

Hi all,

Thinking of driving to Kuantan on the National Day long weekend.

Any suggestion what is the best time to move off? 4am on 7 Aug?

This is a question even computers at CERN cannot compute. Everyone starts off thinking the obvious, then thinking contrarian, and in the end massive jam as 3am.

• Praise 4

I think no jam. My friend always drive at 5am using the trunck road but alot of heavy vehicles, have to overtake them alot of times.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

anymore places to drive up?

looking at 3D2N, not too far.

Looking at port Dickson, lexis hibiscus but kinda expensive..

can't think of anywhere.. if not, just go to Malacca again..

nice food

• Praise 2

anymore places to drive up?

looking at 3D2N, not too far.

Looking at port Dickson, lexis hibiscus but kinda expensive..

can't think of anywhere.. if not, just go to Malacca again..

nice food

Try Palm Hotel, Seremban. Recommended by 2BDriver.

Just a short distance from NSHW, within a shopping mall & makan outlets.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Seremban is a nice place with good food, so far, I only been once.

Mind me asking, how long it takes from johor to seremban. If I not wrong, seremban should be further than malcca.

The getaway is only 3d2n..

• Praise 1

Seremban is a nice place with good food, so far, I only been once.

Mind me asking, how long it takes from johor to seremban. If I not wrong, seremban should be further than malcca.

The getaway is only 3d2n..

Nearby, only 3 hrs drive at speed limit:

post-109106-0-16399400-1461293256_thumb.jpeg

Been a couple of times to Seremban for a quick meal that's all.

But after reading abt 2BDriver's stay at the hotel there, I've book a night stay there on my way back from Thailand in May.

Edited by TameDriver

how is the shopping, good? Might want to go there for a change when i come down from penang.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1