Is it really 'safe' to install in car camera?

Char

I am just wondering how safe to install those high end car camera in your car ? Conversely , will this attract theft to break into your car to steal away ? Anyone heard this before ?

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

bro,

thief also got some decent intelligence. usually they target things that are highly valuable cum easily exchange for cash or other value proposition.

no matter how high end is the car cam, it isn't that highly valuable in absolute terms. and it also fails in the ambit of "easily exchange for cash". the only possible motivation would be to steal for his personal use.

I am just wondering how safe to install those high end car camera in your car ? Conversely , will this attract theft to break into your car to steal away ? Anyone heard this before ?

• Praise 4

So far didn't hear thief steal car camera. You scare then don't install. Install then don't scare.

Fyi, you should go and see how they install car camera. If the thief got the time to open up the roof lining, take out the cable, take out the mounting, then I must salute this thief. Cause all these without taking into consideration breaking into the car.

• Praise 1

If the theft got chance to break into your car they won't just steal your car camera. They will drive your car away..... Bro, don't think so much and go ahead to install.

• Praise 1

I have not heard of car cameras being stolen in Singapore.

It might happen in Malaysia as I have heard of thieves breaking into cars and stealing the audio units.

Turbocharged

Don't think so easy to identify "high end" from outside -

besides, so free to go "shopping" for camera, more likely to simply break window and ransack - for cash card or whatever shopping.

Like what's been said - really so pro, will take car

For the smash and grab type - not look for camera so not different...

kinda silly for thieves to smash and grab something that is 3M sticky taped to the windscreen. Most would go for CashCard first cause it's CASH.....

I have not heard of car cameras being stolen in Singapore.

It might happen in Malaysia as I have heard of thieves breaking into cars and stealing the audio units.

those owners must count their blessings if the car theft only take the audio units... I thought in Malaysia they will steal the CAR totally . [smash]

Twincharged

Car camera not much use for a thief. Hard to sell off also unless he know how to do the installation.

havent heard of such cases yet here locally.

but am waiting for 1 break-in vehicle case where its recorded by a 24 surv cam car directly opp the theft car. [grin]

Supercharged

I don't know but I feel this thread is meaningless unless it is real safety issue like installation of car cam will cause electrical short circuit / car stopped in the middle of the road etc... But I guess boss @Radx should make the call to continue or close.

Agree

Go to the many cameras thread n ask

There are sponsors who will enlighten u

Imo thief need camera for wat?

Is like b. A police to catch police?

↡ Advertisement