• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic | 28 praises

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:05 PM

Somebody
  • Somebody
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone experienced this before? mine is a 2006 IS250. Its soaked. I've been using rolls and rolls of tissue. thrown away rolls of soaked tissue. they are soaked with a clear liquid.

any ideas how to solve this and where to go to solve this? thanks.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

air con hose that drain water out dislodged ?

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:10 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

what is the liquid ? Rain water ? 

I guess go to those grooming shops see if they can help. 

My neighbour's Jazz also like that. Everytime after rain sure to see him open boot open doors suntan   :D

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:11 PM

Somebody
  • Somebody
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

air con hose that drain water out dislodged ?

that's possible? i shall go get that checked. thanks!

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

my very first car, after rain sure to flood.  There was a leak in the seal at the boot side and caused water to go in.

However, that led to the 'shui' enter the car and i got much fortune after that.  Look on the bright side...hahahaha

flashbang praised this
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

Stevle
  • Premium member
    Stevle
    5th Gear
    Author Image

happen to me b4 after repair (chain collision back in 1993). "flooding" was really bad and had to endure the trouble for quite some time until one day I decided to drive up to the top level of MSCP and stripped all the seats and carpet and sun it for the whole day. before replacing back the carpet after it was dried, i removed the drain plugs on the floor board (permanently). but that lead to another problem - crockroaches crawling inside freely - I got rid of that ride within that 12 mths.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Since it is the rear floor, it may not come from the air-con condenser. The rear screen washer ( if there is one) could be the source. Sun roof is another one.

If it is rain water, it could be from any hardened weather strips. 

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:45 PM

Dualshock
  • Premium member
    Dualshock
    Clutched
    Author Image

i used to own an IS250 and had the exact same problem...it is caused by a clogged...errr...something like a one-way plug whereby the aircon water supposed to drain out from...

that plug is located just above the transmission below the carriage...

solution to this...send it to my previous mechanic, aesop auto care...tell them the problem...

they will jack up your car, go under the carriage, stick their hands above the transmission to unclog the plug...you'll see plenty of water drain out...after that problem solved...

here is the TSB 

http://www.clublexus...-sb-0016-10.pdf

Caravan, Somebody, Bleuzone and flashbang praised this

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

LYC
  • Premium member
    LYC
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

My previous civic have this prob as well. Whenever it rains, the rear seat floor will flood + the spare tyre well also. Its leaking in from the boot area. But mine is due to a bad rear collision.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:57 PM

Dadiao
  • Dadiao
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

A very detail solution, Thanks ! :)

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

Somebody
  • Somebody
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i used to own an IS250 and had the exact same problem...it is caused by a clogged...errr...something like a one-way plug whereby the aircon water supposed to drain out from...

that plug is located just above the transmission below the carriage...

solution to this...send it to my previous mechanic, aesop auto care...tell them the problem...

they will jack up your car, go under the carriage, stick their hands above the transmission to unclog the plug...you'll see plenty of water drain out...after that problem solved...

here is the TSB 
http://www.clublexus...-sb-0016-10.pdf

That was an awesome link! I printed it and brought it to the garage and got it sorted. Garage used a shortcut and sprayed air into the spot and cleared it. It helped the garage identify the location quickly! Thank you!
flashbang praised this

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:45 PM

Bleuzone
  • Premium member
    Bleuzone
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Awesome! This is what I love about the power of a forum and sharing experiences [thumbsup]

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: lexus, lexuslexus, leak, water and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users