Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

I believe was launched in Singapore in 2015 or so. So nobody can talk about servicing and maintenance from 6th year onwards.

Although in terms of mileage driven probably can get phv Drivers to chip in.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

No point doing fuel economy test on a new car before break in completed.

The engine is very tight and the economy will not be good.

On a new car one of the best things to do is change the transmission fluid after 10-20k cos the oil will have a lot of metal shavings.

Same as engine first oil change after 1k.

:D

• Praise 1

The only regret for me was not taking the red Color car. Much nicer than my silver. I was on esso 98 the pass 2 tanks. Was able to hit 571km and Top up 33L so it was 17.3km/l on average it’s around 16km/ on esso 95

Happy with power and the stability.at 110-120km/hr I feel car is very stable. Much better than old visos even Wife commended she was surprised it is stable at high speeds. Cornering used to have much body roll but I am not sure if I have gotten used or the suspensions are now much more run in. I don’t get much body roll as when I first drove. Currently I have done 20,000km

I wanted to ask if anyone installed back camera and if the camera C&C provided included dual channel? Also anyone increased the size of their battery. Reason is I added some ICE to my attrage and was considering increasing the car battery. Is this necessary?

• Praise 3

The only regret for me was not taking the red Color car. Much nicer than my silver. I was on esso 98 the pass 2 tanks. Was able to hit 571km and Top up 33L so it was 17.3km/l on average itâs around 16km/ on esso 95

Happy with power and the stability.at 110-120km/hr I feel car is very stable. Much better than old visos even Wife commended she was surprised it is stable at high speeds. Cornering used to have much body roll but I am not sure if I have gotten used or the suspensions are now much more run in. I donât get much body roll as when I first drove. Currently I have done 20,000km

I wanted to ask if anyone installed back camera and if the camera C&C provided included dual channel? Also anyone increased the size of their battery. Reason is I added some ICE to my attrage and was considering increasing the car battery. Is this necessary?

C&C gave me dual channel (front and rear) recording camera.

But the quality isn’t good. Thinking of changing the camera.

2017 March attrage.

• Praise 1

C&C gave me dual channel (front and rear) recording camera.

But the quality isn’t good. Thinking of changing the camera.

2017 March attrage.

Thanks. Mines 2018 March. You know where to check is dual channel or not. Ok la passable. I want to install back camera. Any lobang..

• Praise 1

No point doing fuel economy test on a new car before break in completed.

The engine is very tight and the economy will not be good.

On a new car one of the best things to do is change the transmission fluid after 10-20k cos the oil will have a lot of metal shavings.

Same as engine first oil change after 1k.

:D

Thanks James. Just topped up my tank today. 419km topped up 32l of fuel, giving a first tank FC of 13km/l. Not as good as possible but as you said, maybe need to wait till after 1K servicing and stabilising first. :)

Thanks. Mines 2018 March. You know where to check is dual channel or not. Ok la passable. I want to install back camera. Any lobang..

Bro, Dual channel means have front and rear camera (not to be confused with the reverse camera which is mounted near your license plate). If you got only one front camera, likely no dual channel but you can still google the model online to check to confirm. I could be wrong. The present dual channel is the Eurostyle T8.

Edited by auto1701
  • Praise 1

The only regret for me was not taking the red Color car. Much nicer than my silver. I was on esso 98 the pass 2 tanks. Was able to hit 571km and Top up 33L so it was 17.3km/l on average it’s around 16km/ on esso 95

Happy with power and the stability.at 110-120km/hr I feel car is very stable. Much better than old visos even Wife commended she was surprised it is stable at high speeds. Cornering used to have much body roll but I am not sure if I have gotten used or the suspensions are now much more run in. I don’t get much body roll as when I first drove. Currently I have done 20,000km

Different for my case. I loved Silver, so waited over 10 years to get back this colour. Apparently from the agent majority of models sold are actually silver colour :)

As still less than 1000km, I have not had the chance to push it any higher than 90kph yet. However, more from my earlier assessment, I noticed the engine and wind noise is fairly subdued at up to 90kph. It is the road noise that is most obvious. Sound-Clad would probably reduce it a little but the main culprit are the Potenza tyres. They are Bridgestone's high performance tyres, hence good grip but very noisy. If only they offered choice to choose the Bridgestone Turanza or Yokohama Advan dB. These tyres should be more comfortable and quieter.

The T&Cs for the 10 year engine warranty are so rigid, it's as good as not having - just a gimmic. . 

So any items are not covered. Those parts that are covered, are unlikely to fail even when driven under PHV conditions.

Hi bro.

I contacted Beverly (my SE) to send me the 10 year engine warranty T&C. Reading through it its quite standard stuff. Use original parts. If you mod or made changes will not be covered. Need to be serviced by C&C throughout (this one I think LTA is putting a stop to it) etc. Don't see any big issues. Which clauses did you find that is an issue and which are the items not covered ? Thanks for sharing in advance..:)

Different for my case. I loved Silver, so waited over 10 years to get back this colour. Apparently from the agent majority of models sold are actually silver colour :)

As still less than 1000km, I have not had the chance to push it any higher than 90kph yet. However, more from my earlier assessment, I noticed the engine and wind noise is fairly subdued at up to 90kph. It is the road noise that is most obvious. Sound-Clad would probably reduce it a little but the main culprit are the Potenza tyres. They are Bridgestone's high performance tyres, hence good grip but very noisy. If only they offered choice to choose the Bridgestone Turanza or Yokohama Advan dB. These tyres should be more comfortable and quieter.

yes cannot wait to change to bridgestone turanza tyres. yokohama wet weather can be slippery leh. better dont take chances.

Personally for a car like attrage i am still impressed by it overall.. just dont expect instant power.

Thanks James. Just topped up my tank today. 419km topped up 32l of fuel, giving a first tank FC of 13km/l. Not as good as possible but as you said, maybe need to wait till after 1K servicing and stabilising first. :)

Bro, Dual channel means have front and rear camera (not to be confused with the reverse camera which is mounted near your license plate). If you got only one front camera, likely no dual channel but you can still google the model online to check to confirm. I could be wrong. The present dual channel is the Eurostyle T8.

yup. i am aware thanks..

vico-mf1 <- this is my model dont seem to be dual channel. can anyone help verify? or intro a camera that has dual channel for me to install?

Hi bro.

I contacted Beverly (my SE) to send me the 10 year engine warranty T&C. Reading through it its quite standard stuff. Use original parts. If you mod or made changes will not be covered. Need to be serviced by C&C throughout (this one I think LTA is putting a stop to it) etc. Don't see any big issues. Which clauses did you find that is an issue and which are the items not covered ? Thanks for sharing in advance..:)

The 10 year engine warranty is in house by CNC. So if you service outside, no more 10 year in house engine warranty..
  • Praise 1

The 10 year engine warranty is in house by CNC. So if you service outside, no more 10 year in house engine warranty..

within this 10 years

yr head will be on AD chopping board

u will be skin alive

• Praise 2

Hi bro.

If your car is not serviced at C&C according to the service interval (6 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first), your engine warranty is void.

So if you travel just 10,000km a year, you need to send your car for an oil change every 5,000km at the 6th month mark. You end up spending double the servicing cost during your cars lifetime just for the engine warranty.

This is as good as contradicting and supercedeing this - https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/car-dealers-independent-workshops-warranty-void-9488024

• Praise 1

If your car is not serviced at C&C according to the service interval (6 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first), your engine warranty is void.

So if you travel just 10,000km a year, you need to send your car for an oil change every 5,000km at the 6th month mark. You end up spending double the servicing cost during your cars lifetime just for the engine warranty.

This is as good as contradicting and supercedeing this - https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/car-dealers-independent-workshops-warranty-void-9488024

And the warranty I believe does not cover the normal wear and tear parts of the engine. To service at cnc for the 10 yrs of the car is no joke as they charge very high
  • Praise 1

And the warranty I believe does not cover the normal wear and tear parts of the engine. To service at cnc for the 10 yrs of the car is no joke as they charge very high

Nobody anywhere will warranty against wear and tear, so that's pretty standard. I have 5 years free servicing, so at year 6 will decide if want continue or change back to my own mechanic. :) 

Usually simple and matured engine tend to have lesser problems which i why they even dared to offer the 10 year warranty. Plus because its a simple and small engine, repair is not complicated or expensive for them. I am more concerned about the JATCO CVT which does seem to have some issues after a while reading feedback from the internet. 

• Praise 2

This is as good as contradicting and supercedeing this - https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/car-dealers-independent-workshops-warranty-void-9488024

Thanks for the info, bro. But don't think any car today require servicing every 5000km unless on mineral oil. Synthetic typically 10-20K cycle. Strange though. I flipped the whole owner manual and can't find anything on maintenance periodicity. Usually they will say if start-stop change oil every 10000 and if highway, change oil every 1500 etc. Where is this written?

MAS also say need 30% downpayment but some dealers still advertise can high loan leh... They can set rules but i wonder is there any gatekeeping?

Rules are created by man, and man is the one finding loopholes to break it.

There are ways to beat the system.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3