Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

Did you buy the Sports version?

Mine is quasi-sports...haha. I bought the Elegance because I do not want leather, but paid extra to install the JVC ICE and central console. :)

↡ Advertisement

sigh..typed a long report, tried to post, the forum says "overloaded" and promptly clears my message!

Too tired to retype, so summarise here :

1. Optimal speed for attrage is 100-110km. Can reach 20+km/l and range of around 800km full range.

2. If drive at constant 80km/l, can reach max 19km/l only. 

3. In urban start stop environment, only about 11km/l or around 400km full range.

sigh..typed a long report, tried to post, the forum says "overloaded" and promptly clears my message!

1. Optimal speed for attrage is 100-110km. Can reach 20+km/l and range of around 800km full range.

3. In urban start stop environment, only about 11km/l or around 400km full range.

100-110km is a little hard to achieve in Sg. Even at highway TPE/PIE at peak hours sometimes 80km also difficult.

Urban driving 11km/l is kinda disappointing. Suppose to be a fuel economy car especially a 1.2...

Well anyway after driving for 2 weeks I got no issue with the car except like some members here mention the brake gives a irritating sound. Guess have to check it out during servicing.

BTW my first 3/4 tank top up calculated FC is about 14.6km/l. Daily travel via TPE to work and urban driving with family on weekend so far.

• Praise 1

You could have accelerated too hard in city driving to keep up with the traffic.

For better fuel efficiency in city driving, you can keep to the left or middle lane and take your time to accelerate.

• Praise 1

100-110km is a little hard to achieve in Sg. Even at highway TPE/PIE at peak hours sometimes 80km also difficult.

Urban driving 11km/l is kinda disappointing. Suppose to be a fuel economy car especially a 1.2...

Well anyway after driving for 2 weeks I got no issue with the car except like some members here mention the brake gives a irritating sound. Guess have to check it out during servicing.

BTW my first 3/4 tank top up calculated FC is about 14.6km/l. Daily travel via TPE to work and urban driving with family on weekend so far.

Thanks..I do drive with a few passengers often and the commute to work is basically jammed all the way due to poor traffic light signalling system and lots of cars. Only time I can drive normally is when  I work OT and go back home after 8pm. A friend who drove a Note (with same engine) mentioned that his FC progressively improved after 1-2 years. Maybe he drives better or the engine is seasoned. 

You could have accelerated too hard in city driving to keep up with the traffic.

For better fuel efficiency in city driving, you can keep to the left or middle lane and take your time to accelerate.

Yes, I do ram a little when I need to overtake and change lanes. I think my worse FC factor is start stop traffic in a jam. All that braking waste all the kinetic energy produced by the fuel. But most of the time, I keep it light-footed for better FC . Thanks for the tip :)

• Dislike 1

The truth behind the "economical" 1.2 engine is that it relies on its small engine capacity and light footed for good fc.

The engine design is circa 2003 so there are no latest technologies inside to improve the fc beyond that.

• Praise 1

I have own this car in Medan Indonesia , But mine was what we called here SPACE it is a Hatchback , I find the engine noise quite noisy so i have it dampen and it silence it quite ok, well for long distance travelling i did a few time going uphill and downhill with lots of turning travelling at the speed of 120kph , 12 hrs non stop , consumption wise is excellent cos i am travelling 400 km imagine up hill and down hill from Medan to west Aceh Indonesia. This car i owned till today is 5 years exactly and i only change the Front and rear brake, front tires

only, recently replace the radiator fan motor changes 2 battery till today engine oil regularly changes at 10,000km as per instructed by the Mitsubishi agent, other then that i found no problem till today driving, my mileage was clock till today at 37,000km, i still feel like getting 1 here in Singapore as the price shock me, I bought these car at the price of RP 175,000.00 (S$15,000.00) New  Mitsubishi Mirage exceed (sport Model) start stop switch model. 

• Praise 2

Hi guys. Am waiting for my coe. Mostclikely will get in Feb. In the meantime, anybody knows if the latest batch is the new ones with more seat pockets, cruise controls etc? Anybody still getting the old batch as of now?

I have own this car in Medan Indonesia , But mine was what we called here SPACE it is a Hatchback , I find the engine noise quite noisy so i have it dampen and it silence it quite ok, well for long distance travelling i did a few time going uphill and downhill with lots of turning travelling at the speed of 120kph , 12 hrs non stop , consumption wise is excellent cos i am travelling 400 km imagine up hill and down hill from Medan to west Aceh Indonesia. This car i owned till today is 5 years exactly and i only change the Front and rear brake, front tires

only, recently replace the radiator fan motor changes 2 battery till today engine oil regularly changes at 10,000km as per instructed by the Mitsubishi agent, other then that i found no problem till today driving, my mileage was clock till today at 37,000km, i still feel like getting 1 here in Singapore as the price shock me, I bought these car at the price of RP 175,000.00 (S$15,000.00) New  Mitsubishi Mirage exceed (sport Model) start stop switch model. 

Thanks for sharing your experience, Jimilim. Good to hear tha the car, although have old tech, is matured tech and your only problems are regular wear and tear. I think inspite of rated 24km/l, Space Star not that popular here because C&C did not even have a showroom model these days. You need to book based on the Attrage and order accordingly. At less than $60K, it is much more expensive here but relatively, it is also one of the cheapest car in Singapore. So you need to decide if $60K is too high for you.

Meanwhile, travelling at 120km/l constant, what was your FC achieved?  :)

Hi guys. Am waiting for my coe. Mostclikely will get in Feb. In the meantime, anybody knows if the latest batch is the new ones with more seat pockets, cruise controls etc? Anybody still getting the old batch as of now?

Babywhaley, did you order the Sports or Elegance?

I suspect the cruise control comes with the Sports only...if you can confirm, do let us know too.

At this point, I think it is still possible to amend the order to be clearer in what is to be provided. i.e. ask that the car must come with cruise control, etc. That way, they will only choose that version for you when vehicles arrive.  Of course, whether you already have that version and can be changed or not depends on your SE and their manager. 

• Praise 1

Thanks..I do drive with a few passengers often and the commute to work is basically jammed all the way due to poor traffic light signalling system and lots of cars. Only time I can drive normally is when I work OT and go back home after 8pm. A friend who drove a Note (with same engine) mentioned that his FC progressively improved after 1-2 years. Maybe he drives better or the engine is seasoned.

Yes, I do ram a little when I need to overtake and change lanes. I think my worse FC factor is start stop traffic in a jam. All that braking waste all the kinetic energy produced by the fuel. But most of the time, I keep it light-footed for better FC . Thanks for the tip :)

Nissan Note does not have the same engine as Mitsubishi Attrage. Although both are 3 cyclinders 1.2L, the displacements are 1198 and 1193 respectively. They produce different bhp and torque figures. The compression ratios are also different. Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

I ordered the Sports version. I tot no coe yet, so dun disturb the SE yet.

Just found out their price list now states "Modern" and "Style". Change name liao. Dunno whats the diff....

• Praise 1

I ordered the Sports version. I tot no coe yet, so dun disturb the SE yet.

Just found out their price list now states "Modern" and "Style". Change name liao. Dunno whats the diff....

First Half Tank - Not tracked

2nd tank - 16.0 km/l (on mineral oil at 1000km. 1/3 expressway driving)

3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving. 

4th tank - 11.7 km/l (mostly start-stop trips , not much highway)

5th tank - 12.1 km/l (A little highway, mostly post-holiday jams to office these days..sigh)

6th tank - 11.7km/l (dropped!)

7th tank - 13.3km/l

3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving.

5th tank - 12.1 km/l (A little highway, mostly post-holiday jams to office these days..sigh)

7th tank - 13.3km/l

Shocking figures as many Atttage owners claim to be getting at least 15km/litre.

Perhaps you may want to send to C&C to check what's wrong with yours.

• Praise 1

3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving.

7th tank - 13.3km/l

May I ask what petrol you pumping with?
  • Praise 1

Looks normal la.

Last time when have to drive between Bishan and chestnut/tuas average FC is around 15km/L during morning and and evening peak hours.

Now drive between Bishan and potong pasir during morning and evening peak hours my FC drop to around 12km/L.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2