Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

How's ur fc now. Actually the ecu learning is pretty good.. If u drive longer once it learns your foot style.. The rev is faster.. At least that's the experience I have.. Main issue is now my fc suffers.. Lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

How's ur fc now. Actually the ecu learning is pretty good.. If u drive longer once it learns your foot style.. The rev is faster.. At least that's the experience I have.. Main issue is now my fc suffers.. Lol

Are you sure attrage, being a budget car, can learn the driver driving style?

First Half Tank - Not tracked

2nd tank - 16.0 km/l (on mineral oil at 1000km. 1/3 expressway driving)
3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving. 
4th tank - 11.7 km/l (mostly start-stop trips , not much highway)
5th tank - 12.1 km/l (A little highway, mostly post-holiday jams to office these days..sigh)
6th tank - 11.7km/l (dropped!)
7th tank - 13.3km/l
8th tank - 12.9km/l
9th tank - 13.45km/l

19th tank - 13.3km/l

I began resetting the FC gauge every trip as based on the observations, that stretch from home to office every day (0-30kmph, 14 RED traffic lights in 2.5km type of urban driving), the FC registered 9.5-10km/l. Once I reach  bit of highway, it jumps to 13-15kmph. Hence my 13km/l is basically the average of the 10 and 15km. If you drive in urban condition, seems the FC will not be much better than regular sedans. It's only when you reach 70-90kmph when the FC can reach 18-19km/l. Just my observation up till now. Met a colleague who has an Attrage but drive mostly no-jam highway to work (weekend car!). He got between 16-18km/l on average. 

With the throttle controller the FC drops. But the driving experience is much improved. Any owners want give it a try can PM me.

I documented my FC before somewhere on this thread. Mine is short trip of 6km in morning peak traffic. My average is 12 to 13 KM/L.

Past two days I am on course at Tuas. So drive from Bedok to Tuas via PIE at about 7am heavy traffic but moving constant 80kmh the FC improved tremendously.

With the throttle controller the FC drops. But the driving experience is much improved. Any owners want give it a try can PM me.

I documented my FC before somewhere on this thread. Mine is short trip of 6km in morning peak traffic. My average is 12 to 13 KM/L.

Past two days I am on course at Tuas. So drive from Bedok to Tuas via PIE at about 7am heavy traffic but moving constant 80kmh the FC improved tremendously.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-Space-Star-Mirage-G4-1-2L-I3-2013-2018-Pedal-Chip-X-Throttle-Tuning/163241140332?hash=item2601ee206c:g:HrwAAOSwNLJbUJKU

saw this but didnt try... the ML12 some one was talking about from thailand is this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MI2-Ecu-Boost-Speed-Drive-Throttle-Control-Mitsubishi-Mirage-Space-Star-12-15-16-/122351244175

but its for older mirage series!

• Praise 1

thanks. mine was 2018 car. same is 6th gen? 

looks good. i actually using a ECU port for my electronic speedometer. not sure how many ports we have in the car. 

• Praise 1

thanks. mine was 2018 car. same is 6th gen?

looks good. i actually using a ECU port for my electronic speedometer. not sure how many ports we have in the car.

Yes.. current model is all considered 6th gen.

You mean you are using the OBD2 port for your digital speedo. This port only 1 available. But not to worry as the throttle controller that I am using is not plugged to the OBD. It’s plugged in btw the accelerator pedal.

• Praise 1

Yes.. current model is all considered 6th gen.

You mean you are using the OBD2 port for your digital speedo. This port only 1 available. But not to worry as the throttle controller that I am using is not plugged to the OBD. It’s plugged in btw the accelerator pedal.

sounds interesting... thanks anyone else keen to try too!! maybe can get more info form Munch003..

since there are various modes, so we can toggle it depending on our mood? btw does it affects how the ECU studies our pattern  over time? 

sounds interesting... thanks anyone else keen to try too!! maybe can get more info form Munch003..

since there are various modes, so we can toggle it depending on our mood? btw does it affects how the ECU studies our pattern over time?

Just press the button and it will toggle btw the different settings. It just alters the output signal of the accelerator pedal. The ecu will operate as per normal.
  • Praise 1

Just press the button and it will toggle btw the different settings. It just alters the output signal of the accelerator pedal. The ecu will operate as per normal.

can the installation be done ourselves? straight forward?

(edited)

Went to work during off peak hours and took the expressway. What a difference it makes! Managed to get 20+km/l. 

For my old Cerato, FC between heavy traffic and highway is 9-11km/l. Also, loading only affected about 0.5 to 1km/l at most.

For the Attrage, because it is a small engine, I think loading affects it more. I noticed after a few times that whenever I had a passenger with me, the FC for the same conditions can vary by up to 1 to 2 km/l. 

46394282435_d876de44a7_k.jpg

Edited by auto1701
  • Praise 1

Went to work during off peak hours and took the expressway. What a difference it makes! Managed to get 20+km/l. 

For my old Cerato, FC between heavy traffic and highway is 9-11km/l. Also, loading only affected about 0.5 to 1km/l at most.

For the Attrage, because it is a small engine, I think loading affects it more. I noticed after a few times that whenever I had a passenger with me, the FC for the same conditions can vary by up to 1 to 2 km/l. 

46394282435_d876de44a7_k.jpg

lol its common.

i do TPE to KJE/PIE daily from home to Office 34Km... smooth moving and i driving not urgently can hit 19-21km/l...

City from 12-13k/l

mix usually 12-16km/l

• Praise 1

First Half Tank - Not tracked

2nd tank - 16.0 km/l (on mineral oil at 1000km. 1/3 expressway driving)
3rd tank - 11.0 km/1 (on synthetic oil after 1000km servicing. 100% urban start-stop driving. 
4th tank - 11.7 km/l (mostly start-stop trips , not much highway)
5th tank - 12.1 km/l (A little highway, mostly post-holiday jams to office these days..sigh)
6th tank - 11.7km/l (dropped!)
7th tank - 13.3km/l
8th tank - 12.9km/l
9th tank - 13.45km/l

19th tank - 13.3km/l

20th tank - 14.8km/l (more highway journeys)

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

New to here, going to collect my purchase in 1 month time. Any guru here can advice what to look out for and checkout for?

Hi all,

New to here, going to collect my purchase in 1 month time. Any guru here can advice what to look out for and checkout for?

Your SE will go over all the items in the checklist.

Was a bit lost and overwhelming as not familiar with the car. 

Suggest you download the manual and read through first to get yourself acquainted. Go to the showroom model after that to clarify any queries you may have in the manual.

Things you need to check are stuff that you are supposed to be given (eg gifts , extras ).

Method 1 - Based on manual, prepare you own checklist.

All external and internal lights, wipers, mirror adjust, seat belts, lock/unlock. Check all doors working including bonnet, boot and fuel cap. Ensure radio and aircon controls are working etc. Inspect body work for scratches, dents etc. Have torchlight handy. Ensure you have the tool kit and manual. Bring a cashcard to test the IU unit. If you bought the SE version, bring a thumbdrive with mp3 song to ensure the ICE flash slot is working. Bring phone charger to test USB port is working also. Test the ac socket for power. This method very tedious and only 1 of my friends actually did this. Prolonged the handover period and may eat into the next customer's handover...

Method 2 - Go through the dealer checklist. All your stuff are on warranty anyway, so you can always check at your leisure, compile a list and go back to your SE if required. Do all the above tests after you collect the car and at your own time. This is simpler. Less stress on you and your SE. I started on method 1 but then opted for method 2 on the spot :)

And also....Congrats and welcome to the Attragian family :)

Edited by auto1701