Mitsubishi Attrage.

Cheesey74

Message added by kobayashiGT

Participate and learn more about Mitsubishi Attrage here! 

(edited)

At $86,999 (as of 4 July 2015), it has to be one of the cheapest cars on sale in Singapore now. By depreciation, it is likely be lower than most used cars. There is some merit in that.

No leh, now hyundai accent manual transmission is $86,888 with 51k non guaranteed COE rebate. Cheaper than attrage. Some more got all wheels disc brakes, vehicle stability control, traction control on top of ABS, EBD and BA.

Edited by Ivan_06

Turbocharged
(edited)

No leh, now hyundai accent manual transmission is $86,888 with 51k non guaranteed COE rebate. Cheaper than attrage. Some more got all wheels disc brakes, vehicle stability control, traction control on top of ABS, EBD and BA.

The Attrage does have an OMV about $650 higher... so it may not be cheaper, but it will depreciate slower, assuming it's kept ten years.

However, I assume the Accent with CVT is more expensive.

Both also have possible room to negotiate.

edit:

Accent automatic (CVT, right?) is $2k over manual... so that means the Attrage is probably the cheapest automatic car on the market... until you look towards the Chinese brands such as Geely or Chery.

Edited by 7hm

(edited)

The Attrage does have an OMV about $650 higher... so it may not be cheaper, but it will depreciate slower, assuming it's kept ten years.

However, I assume the Accent with CVT is more expensive.

Both also have possible room to negotiate.

edit:

Accent automatic (CVT, right?) is $2k over manual... so that means the Attrage is probably the cheapest automatic car on the market... until you look towards the Chinese brands such as Geely or Chery.

In terms depreciation apart from China cars, Accent (manual or automatic transmission) have lower depreciation as it has a much higher PARF value of almost $6k compared to $2.5k for attrage. Even elantra basic version also has a lower depreciation at only $1k more to Accent auto transmission. The parf value of Elantra basic is $6+k.

For attrage, Mitsubishi deducted the maximum CEVS rebate possible, leaving behind a ARF of $5k which is only $2.5k at the 10th year.

With all that in mind, Hyundai Accent and Elantra basic version would be the cheapest korean and Japanese make in Singapore with the lowest depreciation.

The best part for Hyundai is that you can pay in full without any penalty. Likewise you have the option of choosing your own insurance which is a lot cheaper than those appointed by the AD. Yup, I paid in full and chose my own insurance.

Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

The best part for Hyundai is that you can pay in full without any penalty.

Paying in full gives you the best basis for comparison among ad and pi. I always ask for cash deals with pi so that I can better calculate the true depreciation. For example I recently went to see vezel and hrv preminum, their depreciation worked out to be 11.2k and 11.7k. So the gulf between the pi and ad isn't too large.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Paying in full gives you the best basis for comparison among ad and pi. I always ask for cash deals with pi so that I can better calculate the true depreciation. For example I recently went to see vezel and hrv preminum, their depreciation worked out to be 11.2k and 11.7k. So the gulf between the pi and ad isn't too large.

OT a bit.

Wah..... The difference between vezel and hrv is about $5k only.

Saw in the vezel thread, they used to mentioned at least $10k-20k difference, this making it worth to go for a PI car.( I know also jap made car verse Thai made car and its engine also)

OT a bit.

Saw in the vezel thread, they used to mentioned at least $10k-20k difference, this making it worth to go for a PI car.( I know also jap made car verse Thai made car and its engine also)

By the way, buying from PI means you are on your own as their warranty is as good as none right?

all these reviewer is just gian peng for free car every weekend to drive instead of their lao pok opc car la

I dun believe what the reviewers has said. Has drove a CVT Hyundai Accent. It's a lot lot better than attrage. B very responsive and no rubber band effect of CVT can be felt in normal driving.

Hypersonic

OT a bit.

Bro, he's talking about the depreciation. Not the car price. $500 difference per year.

Anyway, vezel is made in japan while hr-v is made in Thailand.

I know for most car nowadays, standard safety spec will be ABS, EBD and BA.

Looking at local Accent spec, there dun seem to have mention of traction or stability control.

Also, i presume no keyless entry, steering wheel multimedia control, climatic aircon and foglight, all of which the Attrage come standard.

I agree though, seems like Accent is the better buy due to it's 1.4l engine & also longer wheelbase, and of course the 6 speed mt gearbox.

Looking at local Accent spec, there dun seem to have mention of traction or stability control.

Also, i presume no keyless entry, steering wheel multimedia control, climatic aircon and foglight, all of which the Attrage come standard.

I agree though, seems like Accent is the better buy due to it's 1.4l engine & also longer wheelbase, and of course the 6 speed mt gearbox.

There're specs and there're gadgets. Things that you can see and things that you can't see.

Some local dealers make their cars more attractive by giving you things you can see. But the real value lies in the things that you can't. James May said, nobody knows why a Saab costs so much, until they crash one.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Got traction and stability control. Confirmed as there are buttons inside my accent to turn them off it needed and all wheels disc brakes. Drove a CVT version before, it's very smooth and a lot more powerful than Attrage. No rubber band effect and very responsive, it's like a 6 speed automatic.

But as for other features such as keyless entry and etc. Attrage will win.

Edited by Ivan_06

To me. Accent indeed is cheaper.

But.... u really should test out the fuel consumption of attrage.

That's where it shines and makes even Prius look pathetic.

Over ten years. Attrage will be more cost effective. Especially with low road tax

(edited)

To me. Accent indeed is cheaper.

But.... u really should test out the fuel consumption of attrage.

That's where it shines and makes even Prius look pathetic.

Over ten years. Attrage will be more cost effective. Especially with low road tax

Attrage 20.8km7l is exaggerated and overrated. You can only get them on almost 100% highway and no city driving. You need to keep to the standard highway speed limit and have a feathery light foot.

Go and see the test drive unit in Alexandra, it showed 11.2l/100km. This is 100% city but the FC is atrocious at 9km/l for a 900kg car.

Even the raving video review, one of the scenes gave it away at 8.2l/100km and the reviewer have drove it for around two days which I will assume to have highway. It's still 12km/l.

So good FC? I will take that with a pinch a salt given what I had seen in both Alexandra and the video review.

Edited by Ivan_06

Haiya. Lazy to explain.

U happy can liao.

Among the budget car, accent is more refined I agree.

But talking about running cost, attrage really shines. And i ain't talking in theory.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Last time got a car which claims 24km/l. Even more fuel saving.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/1488562-chery-qq-real-life-fuel-consumption-13kml/

True enough the incredible FC of QQ could be replicated..

Watch "Chery QQ 1.1 - 16v - Consumo de Gasolina Média 25 km / L" on YouTube -

Last time when Honda Jazz was just launched, they also mentioned it's 21-23km/l. So please pardon me.

Attrage 20.8km/l should be true.

Edited by Ivan_06

Turbocharged

For attrage, Mitsubishi deducted the maximum CEVS rebate possible, leaving behind a ARF of $5k which is only $2.5k at the 10th year.

With all that in mind, Hyundai Accent and Elantra basic version would be the cheapest korean and Japanese make in Singapore with the lowest depreciation.

Oh ya. I forgot the Attrage qualify for a big CEVS rebate. Accent have no rebate, right?

• Praise 1

Last time got a car which claims 24km/l. Even more fuel saving.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/1488562-chery-qq-real-life-fuel-consumption-13kml/

True enough the incredible FC of QQ could be replicated..

Watch "Chery QQ 1.1 - 16v - Consumo de Gasolina Média 25 km / L" on YouTube -

Last time when Honda Jazz was just launched, they also mentioned it's 21-23km/l. So please pardon me.

Attrage 20.8km/l should be true.

Good luck :)

I didnt know u got the accent!!!

No wonder. Oops sorry sorry

Oh ya. I forgot the Attrage qualify for a big CEVS rebate. Accent have no rebate, right?

Simple..

That Mitsubishi engine is highly efficient.

Vis a vis the accent engine.

That explains the difference in carbon emission. Fuel consumption. And cevs rebates

↡ Advertisement