Chevy Malibu 2016

Singxmm

Dear Chevy mates

I would like to highlight to you beware of the workshop at AMK that services Chevy car. I had a very bad experience with the workshop and I will never be back there anymore.

Just to GIVE A Heads up to all Chevy owners !

Hi, can pm me the name of the workshop and what happen?

↡ Advertisement

Dear Chevy mates

I would like to highlight to you beware of the workshop at AMK that services Chevy car. I had a very bad experience with the workshop and I will never be back there anymore.

Just to GIVE A Heads up to all Chevy owners !

I smell beng in it.....

Dear Chevy mates

I would like to highlight to you beware of the workshop at AMK that services Chevy car. I  had a very bad experience with the workshop and I will never be back there anymore.

Just to GIVE  A Heads up to all Chevy owners !

You just came in here and put up such warning statement without any proof nor details Yes we know which workshop you are trying to tell us, but if you have real grievance about this workshop, the least you can do is to list down the details here.

The straits times had just featured the 2016 malibu a few days ago. Saying agent is alpine motors and price isn't available yet. Has anyone read it?

• Praise 1

The straits times had just featured the 2016 malibu a few days ago. Saying agent is alpine motors and price isn't available yet. Has anyone read it?

The new Malibu just went on sale in Korea

www.chevrolet.co.kr

GM would need some time to convert the new model to RHD... rem my gen Malibu first appeared in the USA at the end of 2012 as a 2013 model. Export RHD models was made available only mid 2014. FYI my gen RHD Malibu is still being CKD in Daewoo factory alongside the new model. GM would need time to convert and test also, esp crash test.

IMHO, the new Malibu is not as distinctive as my Gen 8. Yes the new car is significantly larger inside and the 2L Ecotec Turbo is finally available for export markets. But GM tried too hard and it ended up looking like a Hyundai... [dizzy] The classic muscle car coke bottle styling for the side profile that is evident in Gen 8 Malibu is no longer there in the new model.

(edited)

The new Malibu just went on sale in Korea

www.chevrolet.co.kr

GM would need some time to convert the new model to RHD... rem my gen Malibu first appeared in the USA at the end of 2012 as a 2013 model. Export RHD models was made available only mid 2014. FYI my gen RHD Malibu is still being CKD in Daewoo factory alongside the new model. GM would need time to convert and test also, esp crash test.

IMHO, the new Malibu is not as distinctive as my Gen 8. Yes the new car is significantly larger inside and the 2L Ecotec Turbo is finally available for export markets. But GM tried too hard and it ended up looking like a Hyundai... [dizzy] The classic muscle car coke bottle styling for the side profile that is evident in Gen 8 Malibu is no longer there in the new model.

The Malibu 1.5 Turbo is coming:  http://www.torque.com.sg/8603/chevrolet-malibu-1-5-review/

Edited by Maverick713
  • Praise 1

Seriously the 2L T will be an even better car to drive

The 1.5L is still abit small for such a big car. The engine needs to be rev hard to get any decent power, even with that HPT running.

Alpine shd bring in the 2L as the sole model. Both will be Cat B models so there is no need to settle for less just becos of COE

The 1.5L may be adequate for light loads drive ard SG. But once you hit the NSH, you will find it ran out of breath quickly

And I want to see how it handles 5 px plus luggage while climbing Genting Highlands...

2L model has a 8AT...

Turbocharged

Seriously the 2L T will be an even better car to drive

The 1.5L is still abit small for such a big car. The engine needs to be rev hard to get any decent power, even with that HPT running.

Alpine shd bring in the 2L as the sole model. Both will be Cat B models so there is no need to settle for less just becos of COE

The 1.5L may be adequate for light loads drive ard SG. But once you hit the NSH, you will find it ran out of breath quickly

And I want to see how it handles 5 px plus luggage while climbing Genting Highlands...

2L model has a 8AT...

Interestingly, Car&Driver (from USA) says they find the 1.5L to be the more nimble version of the new Malibu. They attribute it to a smoother quicker arrival of power and lower weight - they find the 2.0L drinks like a V6 but doesn't quite bring in the power quickly enough.

• Praise 1

Quick call to Alpine motors, no timeline yet on the new gen Malibu... "not at least until next year".

Maybe when 2018 model launches, we will get 2015 model?

Quick call to Alpine motors, no timeline yet on the new gen Malibu... "not at least until next year".

Maybe when 2018 model launches, we will get 2015 model?

Bro the fact remains that GM has yet to convert the new Malibu into RHD. The new Malibu just went on sale in China as the Malibu XL hahaha..

In today's internet world, shouldnt we rely more on internet news rather than Alpine news?

To be fair, Alpine did brought in my gen Malibu fairly quickly after GM converted it to RHD and release it to RHD markets. We were like 4 to 5 mths late only.

It could be due to the fact that the old Epica was so bad that Alpine needs to junk it at the earliest opportunity.

FYI, my Malibu is still being CKD in Daewoo factory in Korea alongside the new Malibu. Despite its shortcomings, it is still a solid well designed platform that does no wrong... LOL

Hmm, looks like a cross between a Passat (the lights) and a Korean car (not really a bad thing, Kia has been looking good) and even a bit of the Audi A4 Sportback in the side profile.

4922mm! That's quite a lot of car! If they bring it into Cat A I think this will be the biggest Cat A car you can buy?

Hmm, looks like a cross between a Passat (the lights) and a Korean car (not really a bad thing, Kia has been looking good) and even a bit of the Audi A4 Sportback in the side profile.

4922mm! That's quite a lot of car! If they bring it into Cat A I think this will be the biggest Cat A car you can buy?

Bro , both the 1.5 and 2L will be in deep Cat B cat.... 1.5L makes 163hp... 2L makes 260hp

OMG... a 1.6 ton car with Cat A 130hp engine? how to turn the wheels over?

Edited by Cheefarn

https://youtu.be/5Vdc3iEDPUA

The Korean market Malibu will be even more relavent to us since our stocks will continue to be CKD from Korea.

Notice the reviewer was trying to make a big point at how well asembled the new Malibu... the shut lines were super even and flush...

Whoever said America made lousy cars?

< 130 bhp might be  a strain and challenge to move this heavyweight.

Edited by Vinceng