2016 Mitsubishi Outlander

Marcostan

C&C must be joking, Omv only 18.8K yet it cost 141K. Profit of 40%!!! That's absurd!

With that profit margin, 10-years gearbox warranty also No problem.

post-139957-0-84075500-1444558362_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement

C&C must be joking, Omv only 18.8K yet it cost 141K. Profit of 40%!!! That's absurd!

With that profit margin, 10-years gearbox warranty also No problem.

Current selling price is $129,999.

Driving a CRV currently, thus looking for an equivalent size SUV replacement. At around 130k mark, based on latest price from this forum:

Forester XT @ 126k

Outlander @ 130k

X-Trail @ 132k

Tucson @ 138k

The price also go in line with the interior "luxury feeling".

Managed to check all of them out before making my decision just a week or two ago.

The Forester seems very interesting but check out the Subaru Outback as well, to be honest I find their interior quality to be supremely premium to all the rest of the cars you mentioned. However I know a car guy who advised me to avoid Subus because of resale values and he is a guy whom words I take very seriously.

I visited Mitsu after test driving the Sorento (which the diesel clatter was rather loud), the Outlander is rather spacious and can seat 7 more capably than the X Trail but the lack of a rear air-con vent as well as the so-so bland, and boring interior was a serious put off.

The Tucson was actually the first car my family because I was swooned over by its handsome good looks but after seeing rubber seal "disintegrating" onto the showroom floor from the Santa fe and witnessing the cheap plasticky interior (even worst than the Mitsu), family immediately crossed it off the list without even a test drive.

Last but not least is the X Trail which I find has a fantastic interior for its class, but might lose to the harrier and the sorento but the harrier is a 5 seater and the sorento is a 20-30k premium. The drive might be underwhelming for driving enthusiasts because of the lowly powered 144bhp, but my family felt the Theatre Seating, and interior quality more than make up for it. So we went with this.

However, if bros here can live with 5 seats and seeks great interior check out the Harrier. The Tucson should be a good contender if you can look past the interior. The Outlander is a great package for 8 and should edge over the X-Trail if you value driving experience over interior quality.

• Praise 1

Been seeing a few on the road these days. Smitten by the exterior. Much better than the previous models. Like many said, the Interior is nothing to shout about... Too plain. But maybe I can look beyond that if the price is right...

The Forester seems very interesting but check out the Subaru Outback as well, to be honest I find their interior quality to be supremely premium to all the rest of the cars you mentioned. However I know a car guy who advised me to avoid Subus because of resale values and he is a guy whom words I take very seriously. 

The poor resale values  of Subaru especially the Forester belongs to the past. Agree that the Old models before current 2014 model are not popular.  However, new 2014 model and the 2015 Facelift Forester & XV are a different breed altogether. The current new models of Subaru cars esp Forester and XV are very much more in demand and many drivers/owners have already migrated from other makes/brands. These new model of cars have competitive specifications and features, offering great value-for-money buys and also enjoy good car reviews. So resale values of 2015 model Subarus should enjoy good resale values henceforth...  

I have test driven both the Outback and Outlander. The Subaru Outback is more refined comfortable and responsive.  The interior features comparable to entry level luxury, only Navigation is missing. Its top of my list for the moment. Waiting for prices to ease further. When I first saw it was 138K. Now its 132K. Jump in when below 130K?

I have test driven both the Outback and Outlander. The Subaru Outback is more refined comfortable and responsive.  The interior features comparable to entry level luxury, only Navigation is missing. Its top of my list for the moment. Waiting for prices to ease further. When I first saw it was 138K. Now its 132K. Jump in when below 130K?

if the choice is mine, it will be outback. This car got presence.

outlander price went up..... wow good marketing strategy

43% premium is bloody absurd.... Even lux cars only max 30% premium...

Kia sorento only 16% premium...

43% premium is bloody absurd.... Even lux cars only max 30% premium...

Kia sorento only 16% premium...

juz sit in both and u will know why one has an OMV of only 19k while the other 33k .

Turbocharged

Driving a CRV currently, thus looking for an equivalent size SUV replacement. At around 130k mark, based on latest price from this forum:

Forester XT @ 126k

Outlander @ 130k

X-Trail @ 132k

Tucson @ 138k

The price also go in line with the interior "luxury feeling".

Have you checked out the latest CR-V? Frankly I don't find it an attractive model, but I reckon it's worth a look nontheless.

Out of those you have mentioned I would sway towards Forester XT (has probably got the most features out of the above and enjoyable drive), or the Tucson (good outlook, very all-rounded, but old-school audio system).

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

I have been driving the new outlander for almost 2 years. Had been frustrated with some problems and wonder if anyone has the same experience?

1) In-car system hanging issue? Drops your bluetooth connection abruptly and reverse camera hangs when car is in reverse mode

2) Back jerking in the transmission when car is reversing in 4WD and 4WD auto mode

Looking forward to current Outlander owner's feedback

Cheers

Hi Guys,

I have been driving the new outlander for almost 2 years. Had been frustrated with some problems and wonder if anyone has the same experience?

1) In-car system hanging issue? Drops your bluetooth connection abruptly and reverse camera hangs when car is in reverse mode

2) Back jerking in the transmission when car is reversing in 4WD and 4WD auto mode

Looking forward to current Outlander owner's feedback

Cheers

During those 2 yrs cycle carriage never resolve the problems for u?

During those 2 yrs cycle carriage never resolve the problems for u?

Had my Outlander for almost 3yrs and had some other problems like weather seals on the doors and car body began to drop off, passenger overhead handle started to come off, just to name a couple. All in all, the car is ok for it price, but its these little issues that frustrates me.

What I like
1. Handsome good looks
2. Sufficient space to take 7pax (incl. 2 kids)
3. Good fuel efficiency
4. Comfortable ride with good suspension
5. Sufficiently powered engine, if it is paired with a better transmission
6. Reasonably priced

What I do not like
1. Terrible CVT that is unable to transmit sufficient power to its wheels
2. Overall make reliability, where car parts start to drop off after driving for 2yrs
3. Mediocre handling with lots of body roll when addressing bends and corners
4. Interior furnishing and features can be improved

Finally decided to change car. 

↡ Advertisement