2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

got money got talk

it's all about the "total profit" that make from the deal

the loan amount

the interest rate

the car trim/colour/year-make they want to clear

the trade-in car ... how low they can low ball ...

the coe

etc etc [laugh]

at the end of the day ... every car that they sell ... the "profit" is same same but different ... LOL

Agree totally! Their profit quantum will still be the same, which ever amount they have dictated to be. For consumers like us, we just want the best deal we can get out of the purchase. I just found out from a colleague who bought a new Audi sedan early this year. He didn't make any serious bargaining and got merely a 2K discount and tinted window films, and nothing more [thumbsdown]  - no free servicing; no in-car cam; no VC; no reverse cam; no front parking sensors; no car mat; and just a regular 3-year warranty. 

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Its misleading right. Most agent recommend 15K or 6 months.

If i drive more than that is understandable but if i dont drive that much, still need to service every 6 months what.

Audi go by km, not months

Audi go by km, not months

Actually they recommend every 12 months or 15,000 km, whichever is earlier. Well for me I am hitting it around 9 months so the timing doesn't matter. 

Supersonic

Actually they recommend every 12 months or 15,000 km, whichever is earlier. Well for me I am hitting it around 9 months so the timing doesn't matter.

Yes, i meant not 6mth time limit unlike many jap or kimchi

Its misleading right. Most agent recommend 15K or 6 months. 

If i drive more than that is understandable but if i dont drive that much, still need to service every 6 months what.

1st of all, you must someone who had not driven a German car before.  Oil change is determined by ECU.

What was said is not misleading.  Just poor communication.

If your drive is like 10k km/annum, better do 1 oil change in btw (not at PA).

Confirm oil degradation from moisture.

Anyone driving the 2.0L  can advice the consumption? can get 11KM/l 50-50 driving?

I think consumption varies from car-car, driver to driver. If based on stock wheels (the original 16" wheel is on forged rims), the consumption can range between 13-14km/l. If on bigger wheels, the number (km/l) will decrease? 

I have upsized my wheels to 18" (original Audi wheels so they are not light) on my 2.0L and am getting about 11-12km/l. It really doesn't matter "50-50 driving" in Singapore because even if you ply the highway often, but mostly during peak hours, most of the time, you'll be driving like in a city area. 

And I'm a little heavy-footed [drivingcar] (sometimes only). 

1st of all, you must someone who had not driven a German car before.  Oil change is determined by ECU.

What was said is not misleading.  Just poor communication.

If your drive is like 10k km/annum, better do 1 oil change in btw (not at PA).

Confirm oil degradation from moisture.

I am trying to understand your advice a little better. Are you advising that we just do an oil change privately on our own without informing PA (since it may affect our warranty) to prevent "oil degradation from moisture"?

It means, the 15,000km per oil change determined by PA is not ideal, correct? Then, can I make that request with PA do oil change earlier than 15,000km? Will they accede?

I got no experience with this. Thanks for being patient.

Supersonic
(edited)

I am trying to understand your advice a little better. Are you advising that we just do an oil change privately on our own without informing PA (since it may affect our warranty) to prevent "oil degradation from moisture"?

It means, the 15,000km per oil change determined by PA is not ideal, correct? Then, can I make that request with PA do oil change earlier than 15,000km? Will they accede?

No need so drama la. Mine oredi 10 mths n car computer indicate next oil change onli due in another month’s time which is beyond 15,000km Edited by Soya

It means, the 15,000km per oil change determined by PA is not ideal, correct? Then, can I make that request with PA do oil change earlier than 15,000km? Will they accede?

Just find a reliable Audi workshop to do the oil change as long as Audi oil filter is used.

It is NOT Audi oil change interval NOT ideal.  It is your usage is NOT ideal to what the car was designed for.

No need so drama la. Mine oredi 10 mths n car computer indicate next oil change onli due in another month’s time which is beyond 15,000km

Unker, your Audi clocks about 20k km per annum.  Of course not need to do the extra lah.

Supersonic
(edited)

audi ftw!!! mai tu liao ... lol

i like the conventional speedometer style [thumbsup]

A6 courtesy car from Porky while servicing my Makan

post-7984-0-61112000-1525689077_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

New Audis Speedos mostly digital already.

Elite.  [thumbsup]

Supersonic

Pop in a sim card n can oso get Google Earth interface on the A6’s speedo navigation

post-1105-0-12258100-1525736229_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Twincharged

As long as they stand behind their product when there is a problem like the 2.0T oil leak, I will be very happy liao.

The rest of the items like the warranty is not a valid reason anymore as you are supposed to be able to service your ride outside without voiding the warranty as long as you took evidence of the oil change that complied with the Oil standards

Supersonic

i will take this anytime than simi VC ... lol

Pop in a sim card n can oso get Google Earth interface on the A6’s speedo navigation

Supersonic

i will take this anytime than simi VC ... lol

If VC std item no problemo. But to pay $4.5- $7.5k extra for it? Fergeddit

300km/h speedo.

V6 ah?

↡ Advertisement