2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Sorry for off topic but for first servicing at 15,000km at Ubi, how long is the downtime expected? Anything to look out for?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Sorry for off topic but for first servicing at 15,000km at Ubi, how long is the downtime expected? Anything to look out for?

I think the slightly more active newbies here haven't commenced with their first 15,000km servicing ba...hahaha

Separately, I'd like to check some beeping sounds coming from the car (or maybe the in-car cam?), whenever I drove over slightly deeper humps on the roads. I can't seem to determine where the beeping sounds come from and what it means??? The 2-3 secs beeps appear only when I drive at higher speeds of maybe 80km/h and above, and when rolled over light and shallow, uneven ground on the roads. 

Anyone any experience on this? Is it anything to do with suspension-related...??

I think the slightly more active newbies here haven't commenced with their first 15,000km servicing ba...hahaha

Separately, I'd like to check some beeping sounds coming from the car (or maybe the in-car cam?), whenever I drove over slightly deeper humps on the roads. I can't seem to determine where the beeping sounds come from and what it means??? The 2-3 secs beeps appear only when I drive at higher speeds of maybe 80km/h and above, and when rolled over light and shallow, uneven ground on the roads. 

Anyone any experience on this? Is it anything to do with suspension-related...??

Sounds like the car-cam to me. Mine was the Audi UTR and the beeping sounds occur. Just set the sensitivity settings to less sensitive and it is fine.

Sounds like the car-cam to me. Mine was the Audi UTR and the beeping sounds occur. Just set the sensitivity settings to less sensitive and it is fine.

Yes, mine too. So means the harder vibration could have caused the beeps from the Audi UTR. Thanks man! Will figure it out later.

Appreciate it:)

I think the beep sound is a warning sound from the car cam.

When your car got violent vibration the car cam make a warning sound to warn the driver something have hit the car. It is quite normal to have this beep sound when going through the bump at faster speed.

(edited)

Gentle advice. Leave the sensitivity settings to the highest.

if set too low, it may not detect mild impact when the vehicle is stationary while parked. I am speaking from experience. Don't want others to suffer the same fate.

Edited by Lanky
  • Praise 1

I think the beep sound is a warning sound from the car cam.

When your car got violent vibration the car cam make a warning sound to warn the driver something have hit the car. It is quite normal to have this beep sound when going through the bump at faster speed.

Ok, thank you for responding. I've been trying to understand how to use this UTR more effectively. Seems the car-cam is draining my phone batt quite badly. Also, recently tried to recover recorded videos from the SD card but can't find see any video recorded on the rear cam. Front videos, have.

Gentle advice. Leave the sensitivity settings to the highest.

if set too low, it may not detect mild impact when the vehicle is stationary while parked. I am speaking from experience. Don't want others to suffer the same fate.

I think the sensitive level is marked 1 - 3 (3 being most sensitive). Thanks for the advice.

Ok, thank you for responding. I've been trying to understand how to use this UTR more effectively. Seems the car-cam is draining my phone batt quite badly. Also, recently tried to recover recorded videos from the SD card but can't find see any video recorded on the rear cam. Front videos, have.

I think the sensitive level is marked 1 - 3 (3 being most sensitive). Thanks for the advice.

When log into the car cam using wifi thru your HP, there is a play back video from the apps. From there you can choose front cam or rear cam, if I am not wrong.

Yah, in the car cam manual, it did state that car cam might drain your HP battery when you are accessing it through the wifi.

does it still record when the car is parked? Using the car battery I assume.

Yes it does; both at the front and rear. Yes, it uses the car batt but the recording will stop and the system will cease to drain the batt when the car-cam detects no movement or vibration to the car. I will try to download some videos here once I figure out how to do it. The video quality seems decent to me.

in order to detect movement or impact, it is still running right. Like the computer in standby mode. It just comsume less power.

Still chances of draining the battery especially old battery.

Just thought to share. Sent in last Sat at Ubi at 845am, done by 1145am. $10 complimentary comfort taxi voucher, didn't use, valid till 30 Nov 2018.

Pretty fast, service advisor was good, answered questions with good knowledge. I asked about the stop/start system and he gave me lots of technical details including how the voltage levels influence it, the car cam usage of battery will also influence it etc.

Free coffee at lounge, waiting area is decent if you don't wanna go anywhere else. Audi service app captures all details, including invoice in soft copy. Car was returned in exact condition as sent in (except it was washed), nothing moved, nothing out of position.

I would rate the overall experience great.

• Praise 2

Just thought to share. Sent in last Sat at Ubi at 845am, done by 1145am. $10 complimentary comfort taxi voucher, didn't use, valid till 30 Nov 2018.

Pretty fast, service advisor was good, answered questions with good knowledge. I asked about the stop/start system and he gave me lots of technical details including how the voltage levels influence it, the car cam usage of battery will also influence it etc.

Free coffee at lounge, waiting area is decent if you don't wanna go anywhere else. Audi service app captures all details, including invoice in soft copy. Car was returned in exact condition as sent in (except it was washed), nothing moved, nothing out of position.

I would rate the overall experience great.

Thank you for sharing. It's good to know. I will probably have more questions for the Service Advisor during my first service.

Good day!

• Praise 1

Do you guy got problem with the car key?

I have my car key in my side pocket. But when I try to start the car, it say no key detected (or something like that).

I have to take the key out of the pocket and wait a minute or two before I can start the car.

• Praise 1

Do you guy got problem with the car key?

I have my car key in my side pocket. But when I try to start the car, it say no key detected (or something like that).

I have to take the key out of the pocket and wait a minute or two before I can start the car.

Did you also try with the spare key? Is it the same?

No, I haven't had this issue. This can be a tell-tale for weakening key batt I guess. So you may want to try it with the spare key first.

Another possibility can be interference if your key was put together with your phone in the side pocket?

Did you also try with the spare key? Is it the same?

No, I haven't had this issue. This can be a tell-tale for weakening key batt I guess. So you may want to try it with the spare key first.

Another possibility can be interference if your key was put together with your phone in the side pocket?

I have not try with my spare key. Thanks. I will test it with my spare key and see whether it will happen again.

While using the spare car key, it happen again. But I realize that at the same time, my house auto gate also suddenly stop opening.

I wonder it is the car key faulty or there is some interference to the signal.