2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

Yeah. SE told me $154,999 is nett. She fight for higher trade in value for my existing ride, more than other dealer. Hence, I am on non-guaranteed COE package but she told me PA quite aggressive and she's confident can collect car soon, no need wait until the max 6 bids. 

I actually checked out the Jaguar XE 2.0 turbodiesel ($159,999 nett) before going to Audi. But both the exterior and interior design didn't move me at all. The interior design made me feel like I am sitting in a very big bowl. In terms of interior design, space and choice of materials, the A4 seems slightly ahead. Also, according to my finance minister, the Jaguar image didn't really suit me as I am below 30 years old.

I also shortlisted the C180.. but it's so common now and it's been out for 1-2 years already. Price wise, over the phone, I was told $166,000 with trade in + loan so that's $11,000 above the newly launched A4. 

So for the A4 1.4TFSI @ $154,999, I got:

*1 year road tax

*Solar films

*Floor mats

*Front camera - Which I didn't want and opted for the Audi Logo down-light (shine from door below)

*Standard is 16" alloy rims but comes with free upgrade to 17" alloy rims (I can choose from 7-8 designs) and tires (this upgrade happens 2 months after car collection - very weird arrangement in my opinion)

*2 trim level - Above price is cheaper one.. So the front grille design doesn't come with the multiple horizontal chrome inserts but my SE say can throw in

*Chrome exhaust tip

I think that was all. Didn't push further since my SE already help me fight for better trade in value.

List prices don't say everything, do check out some other $ factors:

1. ARF/PARF (understand the 1.4TFSI enjoys very high CEVs rebate)

2. overtrade if you have current car

3. resale value is somewhat higher for MB/Benz in SG

I was close to buying A3 1.4 SB 2 yrs back, but PML offered almost 10k more for my used audi (f***ing ironic!), and the 316i had 6-7k (IIRC) higher ARF value, so depreciation was actually very similar. I chose PML.

IMO PA very inflexible with their pricing, they think they have the most competitive pricing around.

But I have no complaints about their servicing side. I will buy an audi again, but not from PA... heh.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I believe some of you should just try asking for virtual cockpit to be included as complimentary. This is the main selling point of A4 and to leave it out as an option, if you don't get it, you're better off without an A4? Comments bros?

Thanks for sharing. I am not doubting your account or your SE's account.

However, 7 speed wet clutch gearbox should be able to handle more than 250 Nm.

And thus the stock specification of having the torque at 250 Nm is still suspect to me (and that is just me only [laugh] ) that they are still equipped this new models with the 7 speed "dry clutch" gearbox.

The 250nm figure is probably maximum squeezed from the small 1.4T unit already.. so coincidentally 250nm? Noting that the 1.4T unit in Audi A3 sedan / sportback is 123bhp 200nm. The new A4 manages to squeeze out 150bhp 250nm just with a single turbo.

The SE did mentioned an all aluminium engine block (something like that) and highly tuned setup thus the higher performance figures. I am also asking for specs confirmation for this wet clutch she is talking about because it's not stated anywhere in the brochure or the paper display beside the showroom car.

• Praise 1

List prices don't say everything, do check out some other $ factors:

1. ARF/PARF (understand the 1.4TFSI enjoys very high CEVs rebate)

ARF value of this A4 1.4T is lower than others, like the Jaguar XE 2.0T diesel but asking price is also higher for the Jag so it sort of balances off, not much difference to me, I don't plan to drive long, neither am I too bothered about depreciation. 

2. overtrade if you have current car

PA agreed to offered significantly more (than other AD) for my current 1 yr old Japanese ride after I spoke to SE..  But this means my guaranteed COE + nett price of $154,999 becomes a non-guaranteed 6 bids (nett price unchanged) - They did say they are very confident to secure COE if they are ready to collect booking fee from customer.. To me, just sales talk lah.

3. resale value is somewhat higher for MB/Benz in SG

I buy cheap.. sell cheaper than others, okay mah. C180 is nett price $166k now, that's $11,000 more. Jaguar XE 2.0 Turbodiesel is $5000 more, the petrol 2.0T is $15,000 more than the A4. I like the 3 series too but it's an outgoing model. 

Actually all I need is a spacious executive saloon car which I use on a daily basis and something my gf can drive too when I am overseas. My current Japanese SUV's drive & built quality is like shit, I just can't take it anymore. That's why I don't need things like Virtual cockpit, I am not too bothered about the $7500 option price, I am more sian about the additional 3-6 months of waiting time from indent. Anyway I have been waiting for this car since 1 year ago.. so COE drop abit I faster come in liao  [sweatdrop]
Edited by Nissan833

I believe some of you should just try asking for virtual cockpit to be included as complimentary. This is the main selling point of A4 and to leave it out as an option, if you don't get it, you're better off without an A4? Comments bros?

VC is most visible and striking feature of new generation of audi. Getting it complimentary is most probably out of the question. But not getting it seems a bit of disappointment.

Even without VC I still think the A4 is compelling car with just the fact it is an entirely new car with a new platform and engine / drivetrain.

VC is most visible and striking feature of new generation of audi. Getting it complimentary is most probably out of the question. But not getting it seems a bit of disappointment.

Even without VC I still think the A4 is compelling car with just the fact it is an entirely new car with a new platform and engine / drivetrain.

Look at it this way, the car will stay with you for 5 years at least. By then, most should be equipped with VC.

Yea complimentary is out of qn, but at least one can ask for that and negotiate downwards, else the mindset is the 7.5k is fixed which benefits the ad only.

Look at it this way, the car will stay with you for 5 years at least. By then, most should be equipped with VC.

Yea complimentary is out of qn, but at least one can ask for that and negotiate downwards, else the mindset is the 7.5k is fixed which benefits the ad only.

This option is indent only thus will incur additional waiting time of at least between 3-6 months. I buy car very ganjiong one, put booking fee already want to quickly collect so I don't like to wait. 

Also, different people buy car for different reasons. I love the A4's new interior design language and materials used. The interior is the one I spend most time in so it has to look & feel good. I also adore the new front Matrix LEDs and rear LEDs lights. Some people buy for performance.. if really focus on this, this 1.4TFSI while adequate, will not have as much legs as e.g Jaguar XE 2.0T but that costs a bit more.

Anyone know what is the nett selling price for Q7 the 2liter version? the base cost at current coe is close to 200k so generally how much the AD will mark up. I know for the 5 series and E class their margin should be around 50k$. so can i say Q7 nett price from AD should be around 260k$? listed price on Sgcarmart is over 300k$ dont wan to step into the showroom if the price is beyond reach..so anyone knows?

Anyone know what is the nett selling price for Q7 the 2liter version? the base cost at current coe is close to 200k so generally how much the AD will mark up. I know for the 5 series and E class their margin should be around 50k$. so can i say Q7 nett price from AD should be around 260k$? listed price on Sgcarmart is over 300k$ dont wan to step into the showroom if the price is beyond reach..so anyone knows?

If A4 175k listed becomes 155k nett, maybe the 300k Q7 listed is around 270-280k nett price.

i asked, and to my surprised, the SE told me don't take the VC better, lol, cant believe they actually put down one of their impt USP, what a joke.

Actually all I need is a spacious executive saloon car which I use on a daily basis and something my gf can drive too when I am overseas. My current Japanese SUV's drive & built quality is like shit, I just can't take it anymore. That's why I don't need things like Virtual cockpit, I am not too bothered about the $7500 option price, I am more sian about the additional 3-6 months of waiting time from indent. Anyway I have been waiting for this car since 1 year ago.. so COE drop abit I faster come in liao  [sweatdrop]

Hello bro nissan833, glad to see that you are upgrading fast. Still recalled you were getting your current ride 1 year back when it was new. 

Now upgrading again. Good to see you are doing well. [drivingcar]

Back to topic, i tot of changing to the A4 a couple of weeks back. Wanted to go into PA to look look see see.

It was a quiet weekday afternoon, not much people around. End up i walk alone around the showroom. 

No one came to ask me if i needed anything. No one gave me any brochure. No one ask me if I was keen in A4/R8.

Sadly i just left.  [:p]

Hello bro nissan833, glad to see that you are upgrading fast. Still recalled you were getting your current ride 1 year back when it was new. 

Now upgrading again. Good to see you are doing well. [drivingcar]

Back to topic, i tot of changing to the A4 a couple of weeks back. Wanted to go into PA to look look see see.

It was a quiet weekday afternoon, not much people around. End up i walk alone around the showroom. 

No one came to ask me if i needed anything. No one gave me any brochure. No one ask me if I was keen in A4/R8.

Sadly i just left.  [:p]

Thank you. I stopped using my Nissan833 account since I am gonna change car, lol but sometimes still forgot which to log out and use the new one.

Work hard that's why need to self reward  [laugh]

i asked, and to my surprised, the SE told me don't take the VC better, lol, cant believe they actually put down one of their impt USP, what a joke.

Flip e qn back to him. If you were the consumer, would you find it better without? Hahaha

All the SE are like that one. When you ask about basic model, they will profile you as budget conscious and tell you all the options no point.

They just want you to buy the bare bones model and close deal.

I have experienced many times before.

• Praise 1

All the SE are like that one. When you ask about basic model, they will profile you as budget conscious and tell you all the options no point.

They just want you to buy the bare bones model and close deal.

I have experienced many times before.

Aiya.. sales people are usually more short term oriented. They don't look far enough. Options = indent = longer waiting time = dealer price offer for your existing ride = COE fluctuations = all in all it means more chance of things changing or going wrong. 

So if possible, they'd rather you close the deal now.

• Praise 1

Flip e qn back to him. If you were the consumer, would you find it better without? Hahaha

haha, its like after waiting so long for the new A4 and this happens;

SE: hi sir, this is our newly launched A4!

ME: oh wow, where's the virtual cockpit?

SE: sir you should forget about the virtual cockpit, try this version, its 7.5k cheaper.

ME:  [confused]

haha, its like after waiting so long for the new A4 and this happens;

SE: hi sir, this is our newly launched A4!

ME: oh wow, where's the virtual cockpit?

SE: sir you should forget about the virtual cockpit, try this version, its 7.5k cheaper.

ME:  [confused]

rephrase: "Sir, you should help me out here, virtual cockpit delays my profit gains"

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

What is the Jap SUV you driving now? QQ?

The new A4 interior is truly top notch.

Edited by Hummer
↡ Advertisement