2016 Audi A4 sedan & avant

Sunny

What is the Jap SUV you driving now? QQ?

The new A4 interior is truly top notch.

Yeah QQ 1.2T. Musical symphony in the car, rattles here & there. 

I went to view the Jaguar XE before going to Audi showroom. The XE interior didn't wow me as much as the A4's interior did. I sat inside the A4 and I knew I had to buy one already. Interior matters the most for me  :D

↡ Advertisement

Yeah QQ 1.2T. Musical symphony in the car, rattles here & there. 

I went to view the Jaguar XE before going to Audi showroom. The XE interior didn't wow me as much as the A4's interior did. I sat inside the A4 and I knew I had to buy one already. Interior matters the most for me  :D

Don't really follow the QQ thread but I did test drive the QQ couple weeks back after attending the A4 preview.

Didn't know the rattling problem was widespread. The test drive car exhibited some rattling sound - couldn't pin point where it was coming from.

Have you booked the new A4?

I searched online for actual performance figures because I know VW and Audi have the habit of overstating the figure for 0-100km/h, meaning they usually state it slower than what the engine actually can achieve.

This 1.4TFSI unit (150BHP 250NM) at 1375kg with 7speed S-tronic gearbox:

0-60mph: 7.6s

0-100km/h: 8.1s

(Actual on paper 0-100km/h: 8.5s)

To be honest, it felt slightly faster than 8.5s when I full throttled it during the test drive.

I searched online for actual performance figures because I know VW and Audi have the habit of overstating the figure for 0-100km/h, meaning they usually state it slower than what the engine actually can achieve.

This 1.4TFSI unit (150BHP 250NM) at 1375kg with 7speed S-tronic gearbox:

0-60mph: 7.6s

0-100km/h: 8.1s

(Actual on paper 0-100km/h: 8.5s)

To be honest, it felt slightly faster than 8.5s when I full throttled it during the test drive.

high low end torque make it feel faster than it is. unlike the volvo s60 - also FWD. 6,5 sec but dont feel that fast even though it is.

• Praise 1

Anyone know what is the nett selling price for Q7 the 2liter version? the base cost at current coe is close to 200k so generally how much the AD will mark up. I know for the 5 series and E class their margin should be around 50k$. so can i say Q7 nett price from AD should be around 260k$? listed price on Sgcarmart is over 300k$ dont wan to step into the showroom if the price is beyond reach..so anyone knows?

Idea, if coe continues to go south, Q7 2.0 is the way to go.

AUDI at that price point is well equipped, there's where the word premium truly comes in.

Edited by Lchong

Anyone know what is the nett selling price for Q7 the 2liter version? the base cost at current coe is close to 200k so generally how much the AD will mark up. I know for the 5 series and E class their margin should be around 50k$. so can i say Q7 nett price from AD should be around 260k$? listed price on Sgcarmart is over 300k$ dont wan to step into the showroom if the price is beyond reach..so anyone knows?

No lei. The 5 series now mark up is around 70-90k.

List prices don't say everything, do check out some other $ factors:

1. ARF/PARF (understand the 1.4TFSI enjoys very high CEVs rebate)

2. overtrade if you have current car

3. resale value is somewhat higher for MB/Benz in SG

I was close to buying A3 1.4 SB 2 yrs back, but PML offered almost 10k more for my used audi (f***ing ironic!), and the 316i had 6-7k (IIRC) higher ARF value, so depreciation was actually very similar. I chose PML.

IMO PA very inflexible with their pricing, they think they have the most competitive pricing around.

But I have no complaints about their servicing side. I will buy an audi again, but not from PA... heh.

From what i know, pricing is determined by VGS for both VW and Audi in Singapore. Same as PML, pricing determined by BMW Asia. 

Authorized distributors though, have a say on trade in value, overtrade and throw in some locally fitted aftermarket parts, eg solar film, rims, body kits, GPS, floor mats, in car cam, etc. 

Thank you. I stopped using my Nissan833 account since I am gonna change car, lol but sometimes still forgot which to log out and use the new one.

Work hard that's why need to self reward  [laugh]

haha. Shouldn't you be Audi833 instead? Just kidding.   [:p]

QQ rattles like a symphonic band? I tot the car was actually pretty good. Given that the local roads are beginning to fill up with QQ.

i asked, and to my surprised, the SE told me don't take the VC better, lol, cant believe they actually put down one of their impt USP, what a joke.

they want to close the sale, extra $7.5k makes it hard to close the sale. of course say no good la... especially as base A4 buyer obviously cares more about budget than something that can't be seen from the outside, unlike a RS badge...  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

they want to close the sale, extra $7.5k makes it hard to close the sale. of course say no good la... especially as base A4 buyer obviously cares more about budget than something that can't be seen from the outside, unlike a RS badge...  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

but in this case they wont close any deal, even worse for them.

anyone asked/know what is the 7 spd gearbox on the new A4?

dry/wet?

I'm sure ask SE, they will say different from VW and no juddering lol

spoke to an asian german engineer from audi during motorshow (he's asian and speaks english with german accent) ... he said its wet sump gear box. 

Edited by Miles

anyone asked/know what is the 7 spd gearbox on the new A4?

dry/wet?

I'm sure ask SE, they will say different from VW and no juddering lol

Confirm this time is wet clutch. Different from dry clutch found in A3 or Golf mk7.

Collected my 2016 Audi A4 1.4TFSI just a few days ago. Just sharing some stuffs for potential buyers. Today is all about interior only!

Interior design - New design language, only found in the new Q7 other than this new A4. One of the key selling point which clinched the deal for me. From the seamless wide horizontal aircon vents from left to right, the textured matt aluminium panel, the touch sensitive aircon controls, the click click tactile feel from the air con knobs, the centre console with its big fat gear lever (7 speed S-tronic wet clutch) which can act as additional arm rest and the sleek MMI controls. My unit doesn't come with the $7500 SGD highly raved virtual cockpit, instead I get analog tachometer and speedometer with a pretty decent sized centre color display for date/time, digital speed, FC readings, media controls, phone controls.

LX92cvx.jpg

The readings in the speedo cluster makes the car feels very high tech. Upon engine start, I am greeted by the Audi logo. Check out how they display the fuel level or temperature readings on both sides of the cluster. The white lights light up or go off according to how high / low the readings are. Overall the readings and text are all very bright and clear while not being over cluttered with useless information.

duPGOUX.jpg

The interior also has ambient lighting in white LED in the cup holders, all four door panels, door handles, centre console knee area. All buttons are backlit in white. Interior lighting such as reading light or those that come on when you open a door, are also white LEDs and touch sensitive.

Space & comfort - Knee, leg space and foot well area are all above average. Better than the cramped outgoing 3 series and Jaguar XE but similar to the current C-class. Comes with full electrical adjustment for both front passenger & driver seats. Knock down rear seats in 40:20:40 style. Rear boot has generous space and is in good shape, no weird angles. Can open the boot hands free by swiping your feet underneath the bumper.

Creature comforts - Apple Car Play enables you to use your iPhone using the MMI interface (the screen in the centre dashboard), such as Phone calls and Messages using voice activation (quite fun), Google maps which acts as your car GPS and Spotify (if you use this app). Usually, I just switch to one of the memory cards I have in 2 of the SD card slots in the glove box or just radio. Sound quality wise is quite decent, I am no audiophile so I am more than fine with the Audi branded factory installed 12 speakers in the car.

Another nice touch. Audi logo entry / exit light for 2 front doors, providing some form of illumination if in dark places. Free from the SE.

DHX6qNl.jpg

Overall, the interior in the new Audi A4 is a nice place to be in. My gf also said the interior feels very comfortable, well made, insulated from the outside and has this high tech feel with all the gizmos and nice lighting. 

And do take note all above kit are standard and this car is only the base trim. The Design trim, which is additional $10,000 more, gives memory seat adjustment for Driver side, faux leather trim at the sides of centre console where your knee rest, chrome accent trim for steering wheel, bodykit (front lower bumper, side skirts and rear diffuser). No, Virtual cockpit is not inside the Design trim. That one has to indent with additional waiting time 3 months at least.

Thanks for reading!!!

• Praise 11

Collected my 2016 Audi A4 1.4TFSI just a few days ago. Just sharing some stuffs for potential buyers. Today is all about interior only!

Interior design - New design language, only found in the new Q7 other than this new A4. One of the key selling point which clinched the deal for me. From the seamless wide horizontal aircon vents from left to right, the textured matt aluminium panel, the touch sensitive aircon controls, the click click tactile feel from the air con knobs, the centre console with its big fat gear lever (7 speed S-tronic wet clutch) which can act as additional arm rest and the sleek MMI controls. My unit doesn't come with the $7500 SGD highly raved virtual cockpit, instead I get analog tachometer and speedometer with a pretty decent sized centre color display for date/time, digital speed, FC readings, media controls, phone controls.

The readings in the speedo cluster makes the car feels very high tech. Upon engine start, I am greeted by the Audi logo. Check out how they display the fuel level or temperature readings on both sides of the cluster. The white lights light up or go off according to how high / low the readings are. Overall the readings and text are all very bright and clear while not being over cluttered with useless information.

The interior also has ambient lighting in white LED in the cup holders, all four door panels, door handles, centre console knee area. All buttons are backlit in white. Interior lighting such as reading light or those that come on when you open a door, are also white LEDs and touch sensitive.

Space & comfort - Knee, leg space and foot well area are all above average. Better than the cramped outgoing 3 series and Jaguar XE but similar to the current C-class. Comes with full electrical adjustment for both front passenger & driver seats. Knock down rear seats in 40:20:40 style. Rear boot has generous space and is in good shape, no weird angles. Can open the boot hands free by swiping your feet underneath the bumper.

Creature comforts - Apple Car Play enables you to use your iPhone using the MMI interface (the screen in the centre dashboard), such as Phone calls and Messages using voice activation (quite fun), Google maps which acts as your car GPS and Spotify (if you use this app). Usually, I just switch to one of the memory cards I have in 2 of the SD card slots in the glove box or just radio. Sound quality wise is quite decent, I am no audiophile so I am more than fine with the Audi branded factory installed 12 speakers in the car.

Another nice touch. Audi logo entry / exit light for 2 front doors, providing some form of illumination if in dark places. Free from the SE.

Overall, the interior in the new Audi A4 is a nice place to be in. My gf also said the interior feels very comfortable, well made, insulated from the outside and has this high tech feel with all the gizmos and nice lighting.

And do take note all above kit are standard and this car is only the base trim. The Design trim, which is additional $10,000 more, gives memory seat adjustment for Driver side, faux leather trim at the sides of centre console where your knee rest, chrome accent trim for steering wheel, bodykit (front lower bumper, side skirts and rear diffuser). No, Virtual cockpit is not inside the Design trim. That one has to indent with additional waiting time 3 months at least.

Thanks for reading!!!

Nice writeup Edited by EricChan
  • Praise 1

I'm collecting my Audi A4 tomorrow. Looking forward!!!

What exterior Colour did u choose?

Congrats!

Mine is Mythos Black (metallic finish black color). Interior I also chose black. Afraid my frequent wearing of Jeans will stain the cream / brown colour leather.

My FC reading so far (less than 100km clocked) is very impressive. On the usual routes, my previous car 1.2 turbo will get 14+ 15+ km/L, this A4 gives 17+ km/L for almost every trip. My routes are 80% highway, 20% city. I think it is because of the sharp drop in RPM everytime I lift off the accelerator while cruising. The RPM drops quickly to 1K rpm or slightly lesser but the car speed drops v slowly.

↡ Advertisement