• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic | 5 praises

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

edenker
  • Premium member
    edenker
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, I driving a stock Colt Plus Turbo. I had been hitting a temperature of average 90 to 95 when moving and about 95 when station. Is it normal for a turbo car? What are the advise you guys can give me? Does installing a engine coolant kit helps? Thanks

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Normal,it is the correct temp for ALL cars....then what temperture you expected.?50-60'c.? :D

Volvobrick praised this
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi, I driving a stock Colt Plus Turbo. I had been hitting a temperature of average 90 to 95 when moving and about 95 when station. Is it normal for a turbo car? What are the advise you guys can give me? Does installing a engine coolant kit helps? Thanks

For this temperature I think it's norm. What do you want to install? Never heard of it.

Advise is monitor the coolant level. Make sure it's within the max-min. level. If it drops to below min.level before the next service dan you ask the mechanic to check.

Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:51 PM

Zippaboy
  • Premium member
    Zippaboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Normal.

Best operating temp is 90-100 so it can boil off water condensation inside.

Unless you are going to track, then install a oil cooler.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:20 PM

edenker
  • Premium member
    edenker
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks for the inputs.

So installing a engine cooler and atf cooler got any use? Cos seeing the tenperature hit till 95 quite worried me thou.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:48 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks for the inputs.

So installing a engine cooler and atf cooler got any use? Cos seeing the tenperature hit till 95 quite worried me thou.

Your worries are unfounded.

If you are stuck in a jam on a hot day the coolant temperature will go even higher. Why do you like to add so many cooler? It will only stress out your water or oil pump. And your engine will have to work harder to power your pumps. It's pointless. Plus you add so many piping and connection to extend to the cooler it will only increase the chances of leakage.

And there are a lot of things you do not know, like the temperature setting for the thermostat near the radiator. What if it's set at 95degreesC? The purpose of a thermostat is to let coolant bypass the radiator to go back to the engine to warm it up at a faster pace until it reaches its temperature setting, dan the thermostat will let the coolant flow to the radiator to let the coolant cool.

If you try to go lower dan the temperature setting it will just bypass the radiator to try to warm up to the temperature setting. It will totally defeat what you are so desperately trying to do. And not to mention waste money and effort adding so many things.

Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 11 July 2015 - 12:48 AM

Zippaboy
  • Premium member
    Zippaboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yes I have an oil cooler and atf cooler.

Do you go JB or Msia often?

I installed both because my oil temp hit > 110-120 degree and the ATF light was flashing when I was caught in a jam on a super hot afternoon.

You can expect to see your average temp in the 80s.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:54 AM

edenker
  • Premium member
    edenker
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Your worries are unfounded.

If you are stuck in a jam on a hot day the coolant temperature will go even higher. Why do you like to add so many cooler? It will only stress out your water or oil pump. And your engine will have to work harder to power your pumps. It's pointless. Plus you add so many piping and connection to extend to the cooler it will only increase the chances of leakage.

And there are a lot of things you do not know, like the temperature setting for the thermostat near the radiator. What if it's set at 95degreesC? The purpose of a thermostat is to let coolant bypass the radiator to go back to the engine to warm it up at a faster pace until it reaches its temperature setting, dan the thermostat will let the coolant flow to the radiator to let the coolant cool.

If you try to go lower dan the temperature setting it will just bypass the radiator to try to warm up to the temperature setting. It will totally defeat what you are so desperately trying to do. And not to mention waste money and effort adding so many things.

Thanks for your info. I will keep a lookout on the temperature for the time being. So your opinion is to not have any add-on etc as its temperature is normal for my car?

Yes I have an oil cooler and atf cooler.

Do you go JB or Msia often?

I installed both because my oil temp hit > 110-120 degree and the ATF light was flashing when I was caught in a jam on a super hot afternoon.

You can expect to see your average temp in the 80s.

I go in JB quite often but the temperature remain max 95 degree.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

CLH Tyres Trading

CLH Tyres Trading  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by AndyYexun  |  Neutral Newbie

Kaisen is very knowledgeable of the different tyres and the use of it. He was very patient in explaining to someone who know nothing about in this field. They are very efficient and reasonably priced. Will definitely recommend to my friends and family! Keep up the good work! » Read More

SgGarage Edwin

SgGarage Edwin  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by LeeKiamGuan  |  Neutral Newbie

Installed several LEDs illumination under seats and console and upgraded the boot to LED bulbs. Very well managed installation work flow and experience installer. All completed within a short time. So went back to replace the stock speakers with their package. The German Audio system speakers and MBQ sub were very good match and top notch with proper tuning. You don't n... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: engine temperature and 6 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users