Need Help - High Engine Temperature

edenker

Hi, I driving a stock Colt Plus Turbo. I had been hitting a temperature of average 90 to 95 when moving and about 95 when station. Is it normal for a turbo car? What are the advise you guys can give me? Does installing a engine coolant kit helps? Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Hi, I driving a stock Colt Plus Turbo. I had been hitting a temperature of average 90 to 95 when moving and about 95 when station. Is it normal for a turbo car? What are the advise you guys can give me? Does installing a engine coolant kit helps? Thanks

For this temperature I think it's norm. What do you want to install? Never heard of it.

Advise is monitor the coolant level. Make sure it's within the max-min. level. If it drops to below min.level before the next service dan you ask the mechanic to check.

Normal.

Best operating temp is 90-100 so it can boil off water condensation inside.

Unless you are going to track, then install a oil cooler.

Thanks for the inputs.

So installing a engine cooler and atf cooler got any use? Cos seeing the tenperature hit till 95 quite worried me thou.

Thanks for the inputs.

So installing a engine cooler and atf cooler got any use? Cos seeing the tenperature hit till 95 quite worried me thou.

Your worries are unfounded.

If you are stuck in a jam on a hot day the coolant temperature will go even higher. Why do you like to add so many cooler? It will only stress out your water or oil pump. And your engine will have to work harder to power your pumps. It's pointless. Plus you add so many piping and connection to extend to the cooler it will only increase the chances of leakage.

And there are a lot of things you do not know, like the temperature setting for the thermostat near the radiator. What if it's set at 95degreesC? The purpose of a thermostat is to let coolant bypass the radiator to go back to the engine to warm it up at a faster pace until it reaches its temperature setting, dan the thermostat will let the coolant flow to the radiator to let the coolant cool.

If you try to go lower dan the temperature setting it will just bypass the radiator to try to warm up to the temperature setting. It will totally defeat what you are so desperately trying to do. And not to mention waste money and effort adding so many things.

Yes I have an oil cooler and atf cooler.

Do you go JB or Msia often?

I installed both because my oil temp hit > 110-120 degree and the ATF light was flashing when I was caught in a jam on a super hot afternoon.

You can expect to see your average temp in the 80s.

Your worries are unfounded.

If you are stuck in a jam on a hot day the coolant temperature will go even higher. Why do you like to add so many cooler? It will only stress out your water or oil pump. And your engine will have to work harder to power your pumps. It's pointless. Plus you add so many piping and connection to extend to the cooler it will only increase the chances of leakage.

And there are a lot of things you do not know, like the temperature setting for the thermostat near the radiator. What if it's set at 95degreesC? The purpose of a thermostat is to let coolant bypass the radiator to go back to the engine to warm it up at a faster pace until it reaches its temperature setting, dan the thermostat will let the coolant flow to the radiator to let the coolant cool.

If you try to go lower dan the temperature setting it will just bypass the radiator to try to warm up to the temperature setting. It will totally defeat what you are so desperately trying to do. And not to mention waste money and effort adding so many things.

Thanks for your info. I will keep a lookout on the temperature for the time being. So your opinion is to not have any add-on etc as its temperature is normal for my car?

Yes I have an oil cooler and atf cooler.

Do you go JB or Msia often?

I installed both because my oil temp hit > 110-120 degree and the ATF light was flashing when I was caught in a jam on a super hot afternoon.

You can expect to see your average temp in the 80s.

I go in JB quite often but the temperature remain max 95 degree.

↡ Advertisement