IRoad In-Car Camera Recorder Users

Johny_walker

Update to my Q9's Wi-Fi issue:

I visited Corvit and Gavin diagnosed and suspected the Wi-Fi dongle was defective. Plugging in a working one was all it took to confirm that.

I must thank Corvit for giving me the replacement dongle for free out of good will. After all, the car cam is 18 months old and hence out of warranty.

Incidentally, I asked Gavin if I could use a 3rd party Wi-Fi adapter, and the answer is no. I was hoping it is possible so that I can get one that has longer range and, putting Parking Mode to good use, lets me connect wirelessly to the Q9 to see who's at my front gate from my living room. :-(

Glad u got the issue fixed. I must say Corvit's support is excellent. They made special effort to stay back after their official opening hours to attend to my issue previously.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

i got my car with iRoad Q7 installed but the video are about 30sec each.

with 30min drive, i have 60 video to review, and few hundred video after few days.

it's quite challenging to review the video

is there a way to change the video duration to 3min or 5min?

Mine as well. Did you manage to fix it?

Hi anyone can recommend a good place in the west to install iroad V9 which I have dekitted yesterday. Planning to install it on my next ride. Thanks. Normally what’s the rate to install? Still $30?

Edited by JX83

Happened to me today.

Got rear ended.

And I refused the installers recommendation for a rear camera.

Your front camera footage can still be of use cos it will record the moment of impact and also absolve you of blame for sudden stopping or slowing down without good reason...
  • Praise 1

Hi anyone can recommend a good place in the west to install iroad V9 which I have dekitted yesterday. Planning to install it on my next ride. Thanks. Normally what’s the rate to install? Still $30?

Curious: how did you dekit? You pulled it out yourself?

I was quoted $70 to remove it (a V9S2) from old ride, then install on new ride...

Dropped the idea when I heard the price. Decided to take up AD's cam instead...

Curious: how did you dekit? You pulled it out yourself?

I was quoted $70 to remove it (a V9S2) from old ride, then install on new ride...

Dropped the idea when I heard the price. Decided to take up AD's cam instead...

Oh I dekit at my previous workshop which I have always frequent and they told me dekit is easy for them but installing I better find an audio shop who are more verse in doing wiring.

Oh $70 seems like not cheap. Mine was $60 for the dekit.

Edited by JX83

Oh I dekit at my previous workshop which I have always frequent and they told me dekit is easy for them but installing I better find an audio shop who are more verse in doing wiring.

Oh $70 seems like not cheap. Mine was $60 for the dekit.

I see...

Actually the shop quoted me $70 for both removal (from old vehicle) plus install (in new). I felt it wasn't cheap...

I see...

Actually the shop quoted me $70 for both removal (from old vehicle) plus install (in new). I felt it wasn't cheap...

Then is cheap already. Which shop u do it at? Maybe I will call and check with them the price

Then is cheap already. Which shop u do it at? Maybe I will call and check with them the price

Alamak... really arrh? i gave up and didn't remove it after hearing the price - as AD was going to give me a cam FOC...

It is this installer called  AUTO EDITION (TEL : 6846 1230)

• Praise 1

Alamak... really arrh? i gave up and didn't remove it after hearing the price - as AD was going to give me a cam FOC...

It is this installer called AUTO EDITION (TEL : 6846 1230)

Thanks I give them a call tomorrow

Neutral Newbie

I am a new user of IRoad Dash Cam. Just thinking, if our mobile wifi is link to the wifi of the Dash Cam, is it possible to surf the web, or we have to disable the wifi of our mobile to use LTE data from the mobile ?

When u are linked to the wifi of the cam, u cannot surf the web.

I am a new user of IRoad Dash Cam. Just thinking, if our mobile wifi is link to the wifi of the Dash Cam, is it possible to surf the web, or we have to disable the wifi of our mobile to use LTE data from the mobile ?

Neutral Newbie

When u are linked to the wifi of the cam, u cannot surf the web.

We have to physically off WIFI on the mobile (everytime we drive) to stop it from linking to the cam? A bit troublesome leh, any other better methods? Am using google map, so need data when driving.

Why do you need to be linked to the cam while driving?

We have to physically off WIFI on the mobile (everytime we drive) to stop it from linking to the cam? A bit troublesome leh, any other better methods? Am using google map, so need data when driving.

Neutral Newbie

Why do you need to be linked to the cam while driving?

It will automatically link as the SSID of the wifi for the cam is stored in my mobile.

Edited by Nojoke
↡ Advertisement