Toyota Sienta 2016

Panda88

I was also wondering why they brought in Avanza or even the Mobilio (no offense to the owners). The overall design, built quality and technology seem to be dated, especially when we are paying S$ 100k + for them, we deserve better (maybe AD profit maximisation exercise...)

Hi Kteoteo, I actually would nearly have committed to the Sienta Hybrid G at Autolink were it not for they do not have stocks in the port for metallic blue with Safety Sense C & LED package. Have to wait till after CNY. So have a bit more time to consider as my current ride ends April 2016.

To me, hybrid cars, there is really only one choice for reliability and that is Toyota. They are the pioneer in this technology realm. Have spoken to the a few cabbie Prius and most if not all give thumbs up to the reliability, FC and surprising good performance. (this coming from cabbies who have driven TC diesel sonatas) I like the way it runs on EV (which the high initial torque to move the vehicle off the line) first then switch to motor (for more speed).

Also I really be keen to top-up if need be to upgrade from the included 15" (non-OEM) to the option 16" rims but the SE flatly rejected me saying that will cost thousands.

Bang for the buck for Serena is without a doubt, but wifey would strongly prefer something smaller, more manageable and less boxy (no offense) for the school run though. To be frank, I do not think Sienta is a really good looker, but at least it is still stylish and acceptable to our eyes and hits our budget.

Edited by ah_pug
↡ Advertisement

hi bro. when the promo finish? Got choice of colours?

Promo for the roadshow only. Ended on Sunday 18 Oct.

Have all the monotone colours but they only bring in one of each colour for this batch.

PM me if you want contact of my SE.

I was also wondering why they brought in Avanza or even the Mobilio (no offense to the owners). The overall design, built quality and technology seem to be dated, especially when we are paying S$ 100k + for them, we deserve better (maybe AD profit maximisation exercise...)

Hi Kteoteo, I actually would nearly have committed to the Sienta Hybrid G at Autolink were it not for they do not have stocks in the port for metallic blue with Safety Sense C & LED package. Have to wait till after CNY. So have a bit more time to consider as my current ride ends April 2016.

To me, hybrid cars, there is really only one choice for reliability and that is Toyota. They are the pioneer in this technology realm. Have spoken to the a few cabbie Prius and most if not all give thumbs up to the reliability, FC and surprising good performance. (this coming from cabbies who have driven TC diesel sonatas) I like the way it runs on EV (which the high initial torque to move the vehicle off the line) first then switch to motor (for more speed).

Also I really be keen to top-up if need be to upgrade from the included 15" (non-OEM) to the option 16" rims but the SE flatly rejected me saying that will cost thousands.

Bang for the buck for Serena is without a doubt, but wifey would strongly prefer something smaller, more manageable and less boxy (no offense) for the school run though. To be frank, I do not think Sienta is a really good looker, but at least it is still stylish and acceptable to our eyes and hits our budget.

ah_pug, are you the one over at Autolink and test drive the hybrid (metallic blue) too?

if for me, I can wait if similar situation as you but for me my car ending mid Jan 2016 so no choice, cannot wait got to take car that is already here in their warehouse as I understand delivery will be after CNY like Mar or Apr next year for some less popular colors. I almost took the Air Yellow (looks like lime green)...but again my wife don't really like, too bright like Lamborghini...haha but i found it acceptable for such (a little weird car with this color).

Yes the overall look is not fantastic....looking at some angle i think it is fine. Price point (if you choose a X version is very competitive to a 5 seater sedan and as and when you need the last 2 seats, you can use it). For me last 2 seats is a bonus, i will use it once a while. I think more useful for grocery shopping :) Even I'm driving a Wish now, i don't use last row often. I was almost into Vezel S or Vezel hybrid X model at $118,800 (same price), but just thinking the use of last row for some occasion. BTW I checked with my Japanese friend, the Vezel hybrid with i-DCD gear box (dual clutch) 4 recall now in Japan (same like VW DSG)...so thought avoid it too. But the 0-100km for the Vezel hybrid is quite tempting...i think 8.5 sec.

for the rim I just took the offer from them to change to a 15" rim for now..and run that for 2 years and probably think of a way to import the 16" factory rim or upgrade if i come across any nice 16' rim. Trying to stick to default 15" rim first to see how it goes. 

Same here, recently spoken to a Prime Prius (think last 2 generation - meter still in those GREEN LED) taxi driver. He was a Trans Can convert (from Renault). Obviously we heard the high rental cost of some taxi companies. Trans is like $138 per day i believe, Prime Prius is $106. His full tank of Prius can run about 900km+ for 3 days. Renault diesel for the same amount, 2 days and maybe 5 hrs. He was very happy and didn't complaint much about the reliabilty of the Prius. Since then I gained more confident on what i see so bang on the hybrid model.

if the real car looks closer to the artist impression that was draft few years ago, it will be nicer.

255389_1.jpg

this angle looks quite ok to me...

Toyota-Sienta-Picture-courtesy-Bertel-Sc

So G model come without the LED package?

hi Dscheng

LED package is optional for all grades X, G hybrid or non hybrid...

you can check out here...get google translate.

http://toyota.jp/pages/contents/sienta/002_p_001/pdf/spec/sienta_equipment_list_201507.pdf

LED package means you get this....

1)  Bi-Beam LED head lamp [high-low beam]

(Auto-leveling function + LED clearance lamps

2) Front fog lamp (halogen)

3) Rear combination lamp (LED lamp package only)

4) Con Light (light automatic lighting + Off System)

Hi kteoteo, no it was not me. I did not have the chance to test drive it as the SE say that test drive is allowed only when we commit (? - but understandable from PI POV) Actually i find air yellow quite refreshing :)

Actually i was looking at the Vezel also, but with a growing family in mind and prices like this means that the car have to stay with us for 10 years so have to cater for future expansion given that prices are close also.

Asked around for the prices for the vehicles with the options i wanted with 16' OEM rims, they are not fixed yet, will get back to me.

Maybe have to resort to self import the rims if it is really too costly or no one keen to bring in.

One of my primary concerns is the warranty. It is only as good as the workshop itself. Really unsure if anything really drastic happens (touch wood) will the workshop allow the claim to go through easily and in a transparent manner. Able to let us see what the hybrid warranty cover and not cover? (the website only have for non-hybrid vehicles

Pictures from Vincar

2A.jpg

3A.jpg

Hi kteoteo, no it was not me. I did not have the chance to test drive it as the SE say that test drive is allowed only when we commit (? - but understandable from PI POV) Actually i find air yellow quite refreshing :)

Actually i was looking at the Vezel also, but with a growing family in mind and prices like this means that the car have to stay with us for 10 years so have to cater for future expansion given that prices are close also.

Asked around for the prices for the vehicles with the options i wanted with 16' OEM rims, they are not fixed yet, will get back to me.

Maybe have to resort to self import the rims if it is really too costly or no one keen to bring in.

One of my primary concerns is the warranty. It is only as good as the workshop itself. Really unsure if anything really drastic happens (touch wood) will the workshop allow the claim to go through easily and in a transparent manner. Able to let us see what the hybrid warranty cover and not cover? (the website only have for non-hybrid vehicles

Pictures from Vincar

2A.jpg

3A.jpg

no leh, actually i saw one couple test drive then i asked..

then they said can before I decide on hybrid or not. 

Yes maybe in future we do a group buy and import the 16' factory rim  [:p]

yep they shown me the warranty booklet from Optima Werkz. Hybrid battery definitely incl.

the only thing is for the 8 years you have to go back to Optima Werkz for regular servicing to keep the servicing record lor.

i read from some Prius owner, even they went back to Borneo for regular servicing, cost is the same as servicing an Altis,

And yes Vincar is the 1st PI i went to view this car....but they don't have hybrid on display.

When asked hybrid they also gave 3 years warranty. 

I asked the similar question to Borneo Motors, they claimed there is no market for Sienta and in fact they will bring in the Facelift Avanza  :a-confused:

I will never part with 100K + for a Avanza, totally cheapo looks and feel and everything !

Maybe too many ppl test drive without buying so they stopped the test drive...

As Sienta is based on the Aqua platform (Prius C) its hybrid system is also based on it.

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20150711/427321/

To be frank, i am not overly concerned about the battery as i believe it would last 10 years and even replacement cost would not be prohibitive (5k?). I am more concerned about the control electronics and its warranty and its parts availability should anything went south. So slightly comforting to know that BM bring in the Prius C and likely would share some parts with the Sienta.

Some prices quoted from PI for petrol G (still checking Hybrid G though)

- Exxxxs - $114,800 with Safety Sense C + LED package

- Axxxxxxk - $119,800 with Safety Sense C + LED package

- Vxxxxr - $121,988 with Safety Sense C + LED package + option OEM 16" rims

All give 5 years, 100,000 km warranty but Exxxxs is using in-hse workshop which is a plus for me not sure how you guys think

Maybe too many ppl test drive without buying so they stopped the test drive...

As Sienta is based on the Aqua platform (Prius C) its hybrid system is also based on it.

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20150711/427321/

To be frank, i am not overly concerned about the battery as i believe it would last 10 years and even replacement cost would not be prohibitive (5k?). I am more concerned about the control electronics and its warranty and its parts availability should anything went south. So slightly comforting to know that BM bring in the Prius C and likely would share some parts with the Sienta.

Some prices quoted from PI for petrol G (still checking Hybrid G though)

- Exxxxs - $114,800 with Safety Sense C + LED package

- Axxxxxxk - $119,800 with Safety Sense C + LED package

- Vxxxxr - $121,988 with Safety Sense C + LED package + option OEM 16" rims

All give 5 years, 100,000 km warranty but Exxxxs is using in-hse workshop which is a plus for me not sure how you guys think

hi ah_pug

yes my initial concern is also the control electronics but learnt from friends driving hybrid as well (incl. Honda IMA), no issue till now 7.5 years. I guess Toyota HSD electronics is as reliable.

Exxxxs pricing looks attractive....but on their website it says their appointed workshop is "Juz for cars".

and also Vxxxx and Axxxx told me 3 years or 100K for warranty...did you confirm? the sales actually wrote on a temporary quotation for me.

and if spec for Axxx and Vxxx being equal, only with extra option 16" rim, the difference is $2188...this seems expensive for a 16"

...but then it is definitely good looking.

BTW all these prices, did you ask confirm delivery? guaranteed COE no top up? are they able to give you the chassis number already (that will means they have the car either in Singapore at the Japan port ready to be shipped)?

Hi kteoteo,

really hope the control electronics are as reliable as they are, cos I really dread to see my vehicle off road for an extended period of time and waiting for parts to be shipped in from Japan. Btw BM give all their hybrids 10 years warranty.

Yes I did double ask Exxxxs about the warranty, she say it was in-house workshop and not "juzz for cars" as per website.

The other 2 PI I am also quite sure it is 5years 100,000km, but maybe I could hear wrongly, age catching up.

Actually $2.2k for the option 16" rims is about there cos as per catalogue price is 76,000 JPY ~ S$950, if shipped in with vehicle will be taxed at 100% (if cost is included in OMV) + PI margin. Likely have to PI our self directly.

All 3 PI confirmed delivery before CNY, guaranteed COE, vehicles in port (never ask SG OR JP port) but that is for the metallic blue that I am checking out, other colours not so sure.

Rxxxxxxg quoted $126,000 with Safety Sense C + LED package + option OEM 16" rims, 3 years, 60,000 km in house workshop.

Still waiting for more PI to sell Hybrid G, preferably with in-house workshop...

Hi Soya,

The xxx are the names of the few more established Pi :)

Edited by ah_pug

Clarify if the LED headlamps are also daytime running lights. Read some review state yes. Was told by pi to self import as be cheaper but I doubt its plug n play.

Besides see selling price, another factor is trade in price(if any) of ur current car. Unless going to scrap soon.

Hi kteoteo,

really hope the control electronics are as reliable as they are, cos I really dread to see my vehicle off road for an extended period of time and waiting for parts to be shipped in from Japan. Btw BM give all their hybrids 10 years warranty.

Yes I did double ask Exxxxs about the warranty, she say it was in-house workshop and not "juzz for cars" as per website.

The other 2 PI I am also quite sure it is 5years 100,000km, but maybe I could hear wrongly, age catching up.

Actually $2.2k for the option 16" rims is about there cos as per catalogue price is 76,000 JPY ~ S$950, if shipped in with vehicle will be taxed at 100% (if cost is included in OMV) + PI margin. Likely have to PI our self directly.

All 3 PI confirmed delivery before CNY, guaranteed COE, vehicles in port (never ask SG OR JP port) but that is for the metallic blue that I am checking out, other colours not so sure.

Rxxxxxxg quoted $126,000 with Safety Sense C + LED package + option OEM 16" rims, 3 years, 60,000 km in house workshop.

Still waiting for more PI to sell Hybrid G, preferably with in-house workshop...

Hi Soya,

Yes true, there is still fear on even electronic found in standard continental cars by the majority.

For the warranty, obviously good to confirm again before you sign on the dotted line...some dealers might have changed strategy.

I checked with my Japanese friend again...so the 16" factory rim is 82,080 yen incl. 8% tax. if converted to SGD, still around $950 marks. But he just told me one interesting fact....below

You can translate and read this.In summary if you changed to the 16" factory rim, your turning radius will increase from default of 5.2m to 5.8m. that's quite high for a small car. He advised me to look into other 3rd party 16" rim, not this one from Toyota.

http://car-sokuhou.com/sienta-wheel

I went to verify on Toyota website...in fact it is stated. So for me, I'll hold on until i can find a suitable 3rd party 16" rim.

http://toyota.jp/sienta/spec/spec/

Translate this 195/50Rタイヤ&16×6Jアルミホイールを装着した場合、5.8mになります。

to "If you install a 195 / 50R tires & 16 × 6J aluminum wheel, it will be 5.8m."

Standard factory tire size is 185/60R15.

A standard 16 inch tire size is 195/50R16, so tire width contribute to slight increase in turning radius....so will be 5.4m (this is for 3rd party rim). 
However, if you get Toyota genuine 16 inch, Toyota limit handle angle so the front tires don't touch inner wheel house cover.
That's why the turning radius is changed to 5.8m. This is some buffer for tire type and each car dimension difference.

If you just got 195/50R16 tire with 16 inch rim, the turning radius will be just changed along with tire width.
Modelista 17 inch uses 195/45R17 tire. so turning radius will be 5.4m.

so conclusion it is just specific to this nice looking Toyota factory 16" rim.
Edited by Kteokteo

hehe I actually don't understand the need to be cryptic in terms of evaluating the sales packages of any 1 dealer.

back few months ago, 1 condo owner seeking rectification works observe such secrecy about the name of the developer in her post with the reason she don't want to jeopardise her request.  even with the benefit of this information, I don't think it will jeopardise the prices any mcfer is going to pay by openly comparing prices.  if the dealer really is surfing mcf, you think they cannot tell what is the EXXX and AXXX you guys are referring to?

Hi Soya,

↡ Advertisement