Flat tire sealant

Ronnieseah

You can also get a tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS). Use those external type, very useful. Detect small leak and you will not be caught with a flat tires. I have not use spare tyres for the last 5 years. I do keep a 12-Volt Inflator too. Singapore is quite convinient to get to a workshop to repair it, it gets tricky when you are in Malaysia.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

12V air pump is indeed most useful in most cases. Please be reminded not to pull out the screw or nail or the pressure won't hold. The temporarily pumped up tyre will allow you to drive to tyre shop or at least take you to a safer place to change into your spare. Remember a heated up rim is extremely difficult to remove!

If the punctured is on the traffic side, please be absolutely careful!!!

I was wondering where to get the black rubbery strips and a special T-shaped handle screw driver that we usually see most tyre shops used for quick fix punctures. Having this with the air pump will be a good combination to lift the worries off in having a punctured tyre.

• Praise 1

full size spare tyre is still the bestest!

How many ppl always check spare tyre?

Somemore spare tyre could be very old liao.

Lastly, how many ppl knows how to change tyre?

seriously just buy one inflator 12v

so many folks call me for roadside assistance liao

faster response time than AAS

You are right.

Juz get Slime tyre repair kits.

No need to go petrol station and pump tyre.

Supersonic

I was wondering where to get the black rubbery strips and a special T-shaped handle screw driver that we usually see most tyre shops used for quick fix punctures. Having this with the air pump will be a good combination to lift the worries off in having a punctured tyre.

Autobacs.

But you need a bit of skill to use it.

• Praise 1

How many ppl always check spare tyre?

Somemore spare tyre could be very old liao.

Lastly, how many ppl knows how to change tyre?

You are right.

Juz get Slime tyre repair kits.

No need to go petrol station and pump tyre.

I say definetely most people all dont check spare tyre pressure, because quite lecheh also , as you have to remove the top carpet and board below it and also have to make sure the valve is facing you; some vans the tyre is below and you have winch it down by cable somemore

New car models can measure tyre pressure and its indicated on the dashboard including the spare tyre (I am still wondering how it does) and everytime it falls below 220 (I think so) an amber light flashes on the dashboard, kind of irritating as almost every month it happens..... First time I saw it - I thought something was wrong with my brakes (as the logo looked like a horse shoe) and I stopped the car at a petrol station and start/ stop engine a few times, hoping it would be just a mis-diagnose and called the SE at night to ask him what it was (the car was only 1 month old some-more.... sure to panic....

p.s. I could have easily checked the manual ....but aiyoh!!..... like telephone directory

:a-bang: so thick and don't know what page to find the fault

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Where else but Amazon? Hahaha. Free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000AMOEGY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1437358424&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=tire+plug+kit&dpPl=1&dpID=41fZpcIcP6L&ref=plSrch

And yes, you can get from Autobacs or hardware shop.

You really need some muscle power to push it in. Those guys at tyre shop can do it easily bcoz they are doing it everyday so don't think it will be as easy as them.

Standby a 12v tyre inflator and you are good to go.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

I say definetely most people all dont check spare tyre pressure, because quite lecheh also , as you have to remove the top carpet and board below it and also have to make sure the valve is facing you; some vans the tyre is below and you have winch it down by cable somemore

New car models can measure tyre pressure and its indicated on the dashboard including the spare tyre (I am still wondering how it does) and everytime it falls below 220 (I think so) an amber light flashes on the dashboard, kind of irritating as almost every month it happens..... First time I saw it - I thought something was wrong with my brakes (as the logo looked like a horse shoe) and I stopped the car at a petrol station and start/ stop engine a few times, hoping it would be just a mis-diagnose and called the SE at night to ask him what it was (the car was only 1 month old some-more.... sure to panic....

p.s. I could have easily checked the manual ....but aiyoh!!..... like telephone directory

:a-bang: so thick and don't know what page to find the fault

I am surprise that your car has TPMS for spare tyre.

Anyway, unlike most drivers, i already have a copy of owner manual on my ipad before i get my hand on the car. By the time i get the car, i already knows the essential feature.

Twincharged

Where else but Amazon? Hahaha. Free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000AMOEGY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1437358424&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=tire+plug+kit&dpPl=1&dpID=41fZpcIcP6L&ref=plSrch

And yes, you can get from Autobacs or hardware shop.

You really need some muscle power to push it in. Those guys at tyre shop can do it easily bcoz they are doing it everyday so don't think it will be as easy as them.

Standby a 12v tyre inflator and you are good to go.

not that difficult to do but neither easy also. i have done about 6-7 tires before. you also need to ream the hole to ensure the rubber worm can be forced in. nowadays i'm lazy and also prefer internal patch. so i get the shop to do it. But DIY is super cheap.

Hypersonic

not that difficult to do but neither easy also. i have done about 6-7 tires before. you also need to ream the hole to ensure the rubber worm can be forced in. nowadays i'm lazy and also prefer internal patch. so i get the shop to do it. But DIY is super cheap.

Me too bro, done the repair numerous time. My factory many screws.

Also depend on front or rear tyre. Front can just turn it to the left or right to facilitate repair. Rear is more troublesome.

I am surprise that your car has TPMS for spare tyre.

Anyway, unlike most drivers, i already have a copy of owner manual on my ipad before i get my hand on the car. By the time i get the car, i already knows the essential feature.

Wah! you are a real car guru [scholar] ...i must be from the other side of the mountain. [:/] ..i did not even know that you can get the owner manual by ipad. My previous ride used it until all the way to 10th year 'cos waiting for COE to drop and drop and drop but never drop and the new ride got alot of gizmo's as 10 years a lot of new techno/diagnostic/safety things have happened and supposed to make life less stressful but in the end up with more stress ....well its a learning curve

• Praise 1

my car comes with tire sealant & 12v inflator but no spare tyre.. i,m not keen on using the sealant

i'm looking for a spare donut tyre

if u have one donut with pcd 5 x 112, i'm keen to buy [;)]

just to note you

when you got this donut, please test it on your car physically both Front and Rear , otherwise you are carrying a useless spare wheel

don't listen to the seller even he promise you sure can.

Is not I don't trust him , is he also don't know sometime

i believe if the PCD fits it should be fine but

nevertheless thanks for the reminder

just to note you

when you got this donut, please test it on your car physically both Front and Rear , otherwise you are carrying a useless spare wheel

don't listen to the seller even he promise you sure can.

Is not I don't trust him , is he also don't know sometime

wah.... power :a-m1212:

My tyre repair tools.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hypersonic

Does your tire kit take up a lot of space in the boot? Really put a driver's mind at ease especially if travelling up North :D

Not really bro, as can be seen from the photo. :D

Hypersonic

Will set up a similar kit when my new ride come. Thanks

Yep, always good to have. I actually have a torque wrench too, just not in the photo.

↡ Advertisement