Blackvue beware!

Jimmychan62

any Bros know where I can vision drive SD card? my SD card spoilt now can't record.

anyone using the same car camera? other brand SD car can work with it?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

any Bros know where I can vision drive SD card? my SD card spoilt now can't record.

anyone using the same car camera? other brand SD car can work with it?

SD is a standard so it's very unlikely that you need a specific brand of memory card for a certain application. Unless the specific brand sells the card pre-formatted with some special files/content that are required for use...

• Praise 1

I had problems with overheated overheating too. Installed 650 this april and last month, it started to give off a sharp continuous whistling sound. Luckily the local dealer is great. Exchanged a new unit for me and advised me best not to park under direct sun. But there's no shelter in my workplace, so now I always unplugged the unit when at my office. I already do not like that fact that there is no off button for blackvue

i have a problem with blackvue viewer.

when i playback, it plays normally for the 1st 2 seconds. afterwhich, it lags.

normal video playback resumed after i paused and play again. but it won't last more than 2 seconds.

i have a problem with blackvue viewer.

when i playback, it plays normally for the 1st 2 seconds. afterwhich, it lags.

normal video playback resumed after i paused and play again. but it won't last more than 2 seconds.

quote own post.

problem solved when i plug in power into my laptop.

Quick question guys. Is it really necessary to have the camera operating in parking mode? are there many incidents that are captured in parking mode?

Thinking of getting cameras installed in my ride but struggling to see the value paying for an extra battery pack (like cellink) in order to power the cameras in parking mode.

thanks!

Well take a look at the parking fails thread and decide for yourself.

I use my blackvue for only driving mode. In parking i have a cheap $100 sj4000 gopro clone connected to a xiaomi powerbank for parking recording. The sj4000 can also record during driving mode as a backup incase blackvue fails after parking in the sun.

Quick question guys. Is it really necessary to have the camera operating in parking mode? are there many incidents that are captured in parking mode?

Thinking of getting cameras installed in my ride but struggling to see the value paying for an extra battery pack (like cellink) in order to power the cameras in parking mode.

thanks!

• Praise 1

It's like insurance at the end of the day mate, touch wood come the day some ahole hits you and dun own up it will be worth every penny when u have that video. ( money and self satisfaction :) )

thanks!

Hah I got a spare cam in case my BV fails after parking under the sun too.

Well take a look at the parking fails thread and decide for yourself.

I use my blackvue for only driving mode. In parking i have a cheap $100 sj4000 gopro clone connected to a xiaomi powerbank for parking recording. The sj4000 can also record during driving mode as a backup incase blackvue fails after parking in the sun.

thanks!

my car got hit on 2 occassions when parked.

Once during National Day 2 yrs back at Bugis Junction Carpark. (I parked for 2 hours to bring family to lunch)

The side front top had a bad dented scratched. Looks like NTUC trolley or back of a pickup did it.

Once in a HDB open carpark where I went to NTUC for 10 mins to buy a loaf of bread. My car had a dent right in the middle of the bonnet. It was a long scratch with a puncture in front and back.

Damn heartpain.

• Praise 1

I personally encountered recently a hit and run case for my parked vehicle. I have also heard countless stories about hit and run for parked vehicles from friends/relatives. Replaying the video of the incident, I am just so appalled that how come there are such irresponsible drivers but am so glad that I invested in the battery pack and DVR for my vehicle.

As such, I am very certain that $380+ extra on battery pack is worth every penny.

thanks!

Turbocharged

Given that I just discovered by chance that someone actually hit my car while parking, I'm going to advocate parking mode for now.

In my experience and that of a lot of other BMW drivers, Power Magic Pro doesn't do enough to protect the battery from draining in our cars. You can do a search for power magic under my name to look at the discussion of issues.

Celllink B is the only surefire solution in our cars.

Bro, where is a reliable place to install this Cellink B ?

Bro, where is a reliable place to install this Cellink B ?

I did mine at Aestmod Auto LLP

Address: 23 geylang lorong 11, 388715

Installed 2 sets of dashcam there. Find their workmanship to be good.

Hi guys. From what i read. So far the cams are unable to take the heat in Singapore. Especially if our car is parking in the open air under sun. Next is 24 hr recording, that battery is having issues. Then hw come so many videos all i saw posted on news and net like so clear and no issues? Lol.

As im considering a cam since i dnt hve one in my current ride which was so unlucky to kanna at least 3 times of hit and runs. And countless inconsiderate people who open their door so hard and left a "nice" mark all my doors. Im so angry and the 1st thing i ask the SE is, will installing cam void warranty and abt 24hr recording function just today

He told 24 hr recording not much use, cos when u submit video to police for reporting, they eventually will ask you to get a lawyer to help you fight your case. Cos he say one of his client also got a case with cam evidence of someone scratching his car, police can only ask him to get lawyer to sue the guy. Then consider the amt of money u engage a lawyer to sue the guy, how much will it cost.

Is this all true or has anyone really claim hit and run with video evidence, just by reporting to insurance company and everything is settle like normal accident claims?

• Praise 1

Colleagues shared their personal hit & run stories especially in car-parks. If not for the camera and the video footage which were handed over to the police for investigations, there will be no way to trace back who these irresponsible drivers are and recovery the repair claims from them.

Hi guys. From what i read. So far the cams are unable to take the heat in Singapore. Especially if our car is parking in the open air under sun. Next is 24 hr recording, that battery is having issues. Then hw come so many videos all i saw posted on news and net like so clear and no issues? Lol.

As im considering a cam since i dnt hve one in my current ride which was so unlucky to kanna at least 3 times of hit and runs. And countless inconsiderate people who open their door so hard and left a "nice" mark all my doors. Im so angry and the 1st thing i ask the SE is, will installing cam void warranty and abt 24hr recording function just today
He told 24 hr recording not much use, cos when u submit video to police for reporting, they eventually will ask you to get a lawyer to help you fight your case. Cos he say one of his client also got a case with cam evidence of someone scratching his car, police can only ask him to get lawyer to sue the guy. Then consider the amt of money u engage a lawyer to sue the guy, how much will it cost.

Is this all true or has anyone really claim hit and run with video evidence, just by reporting to insurance company and everything is settle like normal accident claims?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Hv camera better than no camera

Hv vid to see better than no vid to see

Hv evidence to show better than no evidence to show

Base on abv...easy to tell if u need one or not

Can claim or cannot claim leave to insurance company

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4