Star Cruise vs Royal Carribean

Rollagt

We were on the Mariners of the Sea too. Cruised from SG to Port Klang and back . Huge it was, but the programs were not to my liking . The old folks and kids loved it though

We took one that went a bit further, to Phuket. 

Honestly, to adults the programs are not fantastic. But often we just let the kids enjoy (and enjoy the did), and the old folks feel good.

For us, we just try to see got what program worth participating in, then went on shore (in Penang and Phuket) for 2 days, and the rest of the time just relax a bit and enjoy the food, which was not fantastic, but was ok - and free  [laugh]

We didn't go for the formal dinner. Scared too restrictive...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

er... that's what is offered, on top of the burgers, some steak like thingy and fish . think Sakura buffet standard

LOL..Pay so much to eat Sakura standard stuff. At least Star Cruises had buffet cum BBQ dinner and a good mix of western and asian cuisine.

• Praise 1

LOL..Pay so much to eat Sakura standard stuff. At least Star Cruises had buffet cum BBQ dinner and a good mix of western and asian cuisine.

The daily supper at windjammers are fried noodles, hard bread , curry vegetables, curry chicken, fried chicken ( soggy) , congee and some sandwiches .  .

Authorities searching for Singaporean who reportedly fell from cruise ship off Malacca

• Posted 29 Nov 2016 19:12
  •  
  • Updated 29 Nov 2016 22:59

superstar-gemini.png

Superstar Gemini. (Photo: Star Cruises/Facebook) 

•  

•  

•  
      •  
      •  
        •  Email
        •  More

•  
  •  

•  

SINGAPORE: Malaysian authorities are searching for a 60-year-old Singaporean man after he fell overboard from cruise ship Superstar Gemini on Sunday night (Nov 27) in waters off Malacca. 

According to a report in the New Straits Times (NST) published on Tuesday, the man, Wuan Poh Fatt, was on a cruise to Penang with five others.

CCTV footage shows a person fell overboard at 11.05pm on Sunday night, about 9.5 nautical miles off Pulau Besar and 12 nautical miles off Tanjung Kling.

Mr Wuan was reported missing after a headcount, and he failed to respond to announcements shortly before the ship docked in Georgetown on Monday. The ship's master of vessel sent a report to the Kuala Linggi Maritime Operations Centre on Monday night, NST reported.

The Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency has confirmed the search for Mr Wuan, it added.

In response to media queries, a spokesperson for Singapore's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said it is aware of the case and is providing consular assistance to the family. "The Singapore High Commission in Kuala Lumpur is in contact with local authorities regarding this incident," MFA said. 

Channel NewsAsia has reached out to Star Cruises for comment. 

"Talk about star cruise Virgo Asia and Singapore often takes away the crown for being the most of the frequent crown

for being the ultimate holiday destination a to do end Singapore as a modern destination with an intrzct couple

with today of the art infrastructure cuisebay. Very cool plentiful place and attraction. Singapore's

star attraction is the famed beautiful island."

https://www.cruisebay.com/special-offers/star-cruise-virgo-singapore.aspx

Sorry don wanna Go

Edmw there go say some stuff

• Haha! 1

Things can get very wrong when 1,800 strong testorone active men decides to do funny stuff.

Research had shown that men when they are in a group, tend to feel mightier and guts amplified by several folds.

• Praise 1

i'm looking for massive discounts in cruise ship packages.

Do post here if you come across. We need to support the tourism industry.

59 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Maybe you can do a double booking with my MIL for Diamond Princess.

We should get a very good price.

:grin:

Now is the best time. Might be once in a life time opportunity.

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Maybe you can do a double booking with my MIL for Diamond Princess.

We should get a very good price.

:grin:

Now is the best time. Might be once in a life time opportunity.

throw in a Westerdam cruise as well for good measure. 

just my $0.02. [sunny]

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Karoon said:

if i am the cruise ship boss i dunno to be happy or cry.. support with massive discount? 😂

many had re-routed their cruise where possible.. some had plan for pay cut already.. be a long recovery for sure..

• Praise 2