Lexus ES250 Real Sell Price

t0y0ta

honestly speaking ES has very lousy interior.. so much plastic and looks cheap... I don't know about the drive but when I sit in , I cant believe this is lexus.. the plastic and rough finishing turn me off .. can be worst then some entry level car ...

go for GS and above.

Interior is oklah in my opinion, dont think it looks cheap.

Yes, will go for GS if u want a sporty drive - its v powerful, larger screen, HUD display etc. Pls note that i find that the camry is more spacious than the GS (especially back row), headroom is poor too.

ES interior space is cavernous, second only to LS, with added space of absence of middle hump.

Go for ES300h luxury, the only want with auto tail gate. BSM (blind spot monitor) is v useful. Fuel consumption is good too. If careful eco mode most of the time - can get 1000km range. Otherwise, if spirited driving, still can get at least 850km.

However, since the facelift ES is coming at the end of the year, suggest new buyer should wait for this latest version.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Plastic interior never mind, nowadays most cars so plasticky looking or with fake coated like brushed metal which i remember in my old ride fades to leave a black plastic ....but the Lexus ES plastic like stains easily and leaves a kind of white mark or dust like look or oil stain , maybe they try to use soft plastic for the cool like feel but i'm kind of wondering why it happens so easily

I remember the OMV was quite low (at that time there was no CEV rebate for the ES250) only ES300 had

plastic nevermind? haha sorry I cannot.. if look at the center console / door and the gear stick area all so plastic and the gap uneven throughout. I expect such luxury car to have like those soft touch layer over the plastic. second if u look at the rear blind... the metal looks so cheapo. maybe because I am in the manufacturing industry we tend to have this occupational disease.

Agreed,RWD for better handling,if for Lexus,go for the GS250,or maybe later is there a GS200t.?

then there is always this question.. I realise the paint work tends to look different frm the conti brand.. I just feel the paint work looks more solid and smooth for merc/bmw but the lexus paint work looks wavy. I believe this has to do with the sheet metal under.. maybe because thinner

OTR - on the road.

Just got a SMS from lexus - E250 Lux for 208K if I have no trade in car.

still no worth. considering XF is cheaper and higher omv. Volvo s80 seems better too

Supercharged

plastic nevermind? haha sorry I cannot.. if look at the center console / door and the gear stick area all so plastic and the gap uneven throughout. I expect such luxury car to have like those soft touch layer over the plastic. second if u look at the rear blind... the metal looks so cheapo. maybe because I am in the manufacturing industry we tend to have this occupational disease.

then there is always this question.. I realise the paint work tends to look different frm the conti brand.. I just feel the paint work looks more solid and smooth for merc/bmw but the lexus paint work looks wavy. I believe this has to do with the sheet metal under.. maybe because thinner

ES is entry level sedan, lower omv than even IS. So the plastics slightly cheaper. But seriously it is light years ahead of camry and on par with most of the entry level conti sedans.

ES is entry level sedan, lower omv than even IS. So the plastics slightly cheaper. But seriously it is light years ahead of camry and on par with most of the entry level conti sedans.

no way... u see E200/520i the interior so much better they also entry level what...audi a6 also good

The Germans have understated interiors with good materials. MB materials are very hardy - have owned the W115, W123 and W126 in the 80's and 90's and even at 20+ years the MB-tex upholstery felt new. I am sure the newer MB's have the same tradition of being very long lasting. My Lexus dash is beginning to feel sticky requiring lots of amour-all protection. As for the Infiniti, the interior feels a little old fashioned but the material quality superior to the ES. The best thing is its a V6 2.5 litre engine which has a nice grunt. Hope prices will fall some more so we can be spoilt for choice! Infiniti Q70 asking 212K on the road now.

The Germans have understated interiors with good materials. MB materials are very hardy - have owned the W115, W123 and W126 in the 80's and 90's and even at 20+ years the MB-tex upholstery felt new. I am sure the newer MB's have the same tradition of being very long lasting. My Lexus dash is beginning to feel sticky requiring lots of amour-all protection. As for the Infiniti, the interior feels a little old fashioned but the material quality superior to the ES. The best thing is its a V6 2.5 litre engine which has a nice grunt. Hope prices will fall some more so we can be spoilt for choice! Infiniti Q70 asking 212K on the road now.

Yes I agree with you. I choice E200 over ES250 eventually 2mth ago. utterly disappointed with ES250.

Yes I agree with you. I choice E200 over ES250 eventually 2mth ago. utterly disappointed with ES250.

Really, disappointed with interior of lexus?

Personally thought driving wise - gear transmission/smoothness/acceleration... I feel lexus is superior

The E200 Avantgarde front LED headlights very nice, lexus still only HID and its blinker still normal bulb.

ES250 are for the mature[older] people,the interior is wood & leather,the engine & gearbox are for smooth driving,already out of place for the younger crowd...

The Lexus e250 is having a new face lift coming in Nov 2015. Hence they try to sell off their current stock now but px is still high. In fact the Volvo S80 T5 is now selling at 170k !!

The Lexus e250 is having a new face lift coming in Nov 2015. Hence they try to sell off their current stock now but px is still high. In fact the Volvo S80 T5 is now selling at 170k !!

Really .. Volvo so low now? owned s60 before.. the build quality not bad..just that it is under market.. perceive to be lower in status..more with mondeo Passat level

The price of s80 is 170k bec it is an event car but I also understand tt it a reserve car but u will be the 2nd registered owner even though the car was never used at all. I tempted too but it's the engine noise tt hold me back. Very responsive but it is not a quiet car pls. Also I think next yr they have a new S90 to replace current s80 n compete against A6, 5 series which something s80 failed to do so.

Anyway still unsure if lexus e250 executive is worth it or not. Good refined quiet but lacks many features of today's car. Confused lah..

Thanks!! Facelift seems minor. Not sure if the Standard version comes with Navigation. But definitely more features than the current one. Since the launch started in Malaysia n coming to SG v soon..shouldn't Borneo motors singapore stay slashing the price of current stock???

Any views of the pros and cons of the S80T5 vs the ES250? Assuming both new and at the same price, which would you prefer?

Sorry...correction..... The s80 T5 Event car is selling at 160k... it reduced by anothet 10k over thr weekend.

Event happening Aug 28-29. Guess need to clear by then. Not mucb time left.

Event happening Aug 28-29. Guess need to clear by then. Not mucb time left.

Will reduce by another tens of thousand soon.

SINGAPORE - Singapore shares suffered their worst one-day plunge in seven years as a sharp sell-off on Wall Street and rout on stock markets across Asia.

The benchmark Straits Times Index closed at 2,843.39, down 4.3 per cent or 127.62 points on Monday, weighed down by a sell-off on bluechip constituents DBS, OCBC, Singtel, Jardine Matheson, Hongkong Land.

DBS plunged 3.5 per cent or 64 cents to S$17.65; OCBC shed 4.4 per cent or 40 cents to S$8.70; Singtel dropped 4.1 per cent or 16 cents to S$3.78. Jardine Matheson plunged 5 per cent or US$2.56 to US$48.57, while Hongkong Land slipped 6.9 per cent or 50 cents to S$6.75.

If both ES250 and S80 are same px...I will still buy ES250. Reasons: comfort n quietness is impt when driving w a family, reliability, spare parts availability n cheaper servicing costs too.

With the stock mkt like this, wait for another 2 days before entering. DBS a good buy only at 14 -15 dollars.

↡ Advertisement