Lexus ES250 Real Sell Price

t0y0ta

for me would be the S80 because its available with an awd variant.

q50 will appeal to those who likes a sporty look and super value for money when compared to the e class having the same engine and gear box.

Between q50, es250 and s80, which will you choose ?

↡ Advertisement

The price of NX and ES are very similar.

NX - powerful engine, more youthful (front looks ok but not the rear), less features and interior built not as refined.

ES - less powerful camry engine, matured design, lots of features and better built.

2 very different cars, which one would you get?

My choice is ES 250. Reason being it has great legroom n a flat floor ..without that stupid middle hump..which is a nightmare for the one sitting in thr middle. It all depends on u bro... I hv a family n I will think of their comfort b4 I buy a car. Hence ES 250 is great for me! Juz my opinion.

• Praise 1

q50 will appeal to those who likes a sporty look and super value for money when compared to the e class having the same engine and gear box.

Q50 - looks and feels like a Datsun.  [:p]

S80 - current model prehistoric liao having been around since 2006 and starting to appear on the scrap car list.  :wacko:

ES250 - camry in disguise but a good disguise none the less.  [thumbsup]

Q50 - looks and feels like a Datsun. [:p]

S80 - current model prehistoric liao having been around since 2006 and starting to appear on the scrap car list. :wacko:

ES250 - camry in disguise but a good disguise none the less. [thumbsup]

Haha.... Q50 do not appeal to me personally.

Though s80 has a new engine and 8 speed transmission? I guess you are referring to the design ?

For a budget of 150k to 170k, what model is your ideal ?

Haha.... Q50 do not appeal to me personally.

Though s80 has a new engine and 8 speed transmission? I guess you are referring to the design ?

For a budget of 150k to 170k, what model is your ideal ?

Pls note that S80 is going for a phrase out in 2016 bec they are bringing in the S90. This S90 is to compete against BMW 5 series, E class and Lexus ES. The s80 currently fail to compete against these 3 brands. Hence spare parts may be an issue thereafter. .. so pls consider. Also the s89 is noisy. I gave up on s80 after 2 test drives. Edited by Thomas-2015

Pls note that S80 is going for a phrase out in 2016 bec they are bringing in the S90. This S90 is to compete against BMW 5 series, E class and Lexus ES. The s80 currently fail to compete against these 3 brands. Hence spare parts may be an issue thereafter. .. so pls consider. Also the s89 is noisy. I gave up on s80 after 2 test drives.

I am very keen to know how S90 will pit against 5series and E..looking forward. i have owned a s60 before. in term of sturdyness i still think volvo is the best putting the driving sensation aside. i owned bmw before and the drive is the best. now i am driving E, E is a combination of drive and comfort. personally never like ES. many ppl here said ES interior quality is good which i honestly and sincerely doubt it. full of plastic everywhere ... even the door is almost all hard plastic.. but I do agree it is more value for money. GS should be the model to compare against the 5 and the E.

Q50 - looks and feels like a Datsun.  [:p]

S80 - current model prehistoric liao having been around since 2006 and starting to appear on the scrap car list.  :wacko:

ES250 - camry in disguise but a good disguise none the less.  [thumbsup]

Just curious, have you sat in or test driven the q50? Honest question. 

Branding wise, I think Infiniti will take about 2-3 years to catch up with Lexus in SG lah. 

But I can "feel" the brand awareness growing. Just yesterday, I parked outside two hardware stores to inquire about something, both times someone in the shop acknowledged the car and asked "how, good or not?".  [:p]

Side point: Actually while the q50 and the E250 have the same engine & GB, a friend who owns the q50 and has driven the E250 before claims it's two totally different drive.  

E250 is smoother and feels a bit more power/responsive. Maybe cos the q50 damn heavier (1.7 tons). 

But the q50 engines grunts, a little like Harley bike sound. Music to some, but some might find it odd. 

Just curious, have you sat in or test driven the q50? Honest question.

Branding wise, I think Infiniti will take about 2-3 years to catch up with Lexus in SG lah.

But I can "feel" the brand awareness growing. Just yesterday, I parked outside two hardware stores to inquire about something, both times someone in the shop acknowledged the car and asked "how, good or not?". [:p]

Test sit. First overall impression is that of the Teana or Cefiro. Interest died off from there n din bother to test drive.

70% value and 30% brand.

New Passat @148k if family sedan. New Sorento if SUV.

Test sit. First overall impression is that of the Teana or Cefiro. Interest died off from there n din bother to test drive.

True true, there's no denying the Nissaness beneath the Infiniti...

Just look at the key... and middle screen on the instrument panel.

True true, there's no denying the Nissaness beneath the Infiniti...

Just look at the key... and middle screen on the instrument panel.

Bingo! These are touch points that any potential buyer will notice. It can be a Cefiro under the skin for all i care but it must allude to a premium product where it matters.

This is where Nissan has alot to learn from Toyota. Everyone knows ES is Camry in disguise but can still command a $50k premium.

How on earth this thread becomes a infiniti bashing thread. Tot is all abt lexus es. Well, infiniti (yes it is a Nissan) is the fastest growing premium brand in sg now. Did we miss out anything or even test drive the car ourselves? I am not sure...let time tells next year bah...

Bingo! These are touch points that any potential buyer will notice. It can be a Cefiro under the skin for all i care but it must allude to a premium product where it matters.

This is where Nissan has alot to learn from Toyota. Everyone knows ES is Camry in disguise but can still command a $50k premium.

• Praise 1

Errr.. Not so jia lat lah. Other then these 2 and a couple other small things, the finishing in general of the q50 is quite steady lah imo, cannot really fault. Definitely a class above Nissan/toyota.

Plus once you get behind the wheel, can overlook all these small things haha, esp given the still modest premium over the Teana.

The ES250 however could be the other way round from what i have read - nice badge but not as shiok to drive (i never drive b4 though).

Anyway i think the more appropriate comp shud be Q50 vs LS250 right? Not ES250.

How on earth this thread becomes a infiniti bashing thread. Tot is all abt lexus es. Well, infiniti (yes it is a Nissan) is the fastest growing premium brand in sg now. Did we miss out anything or even test drive the car ourselves? I am not sure...let time tells next year bah...

If Chery sold 2 cars last year and sells 6 cars this year, it marks a 300% increase in mkt share. I wouldn't worry too much abt such satistics.

Errr.. Not so jia lat lah. Other then these 2 and a couple other small things, the finishing in general of the q50 is quite steady lah imo, cannot really fault. Definitely a class above Nissan/toyota.

Plus once you get behind the wheel, can overlook all these small things haha, esp given the still modest premium over the Teana.

The ES250 however could be the other way round from what i have read - nice badge but not as shiok to drive (i never drive b4 though).

Anyway i think the more appropriate comp shud be Q50 vs LS250 right? Not ES250.

Maybe u r right. I'm juz nitpicking. LOL.

New Passat @148k if family sedan. New Sorento if SUV.

We have similar taste! Did consider the new Passat and Sorento.

For the Passat, too worried about the lack of reliability of the gearbox which is a pity as it is a well designed car.

Seriously considering the Sorento if I am to buy a 7 seater suv.

We have similar taste! Did consider the new Passat and Sorento.

For the Passat, too worried about the lack of reliability of the gearbox which is a pity as it is a well designed car.

Seriously considering the Sorento if I am to buy a 7 seater suv.

I sat in the new Skoda Superb in Europe. It's seriously impressive. That's a true value buy....over there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1