Drivers here like to blast horns for no reason.

Cumzilla

i think its natural for anyone to be irritated if u kena horned for no reason. If i am to blame, i will be first to own up and wave back to the other party to apologise.

When waving, please remember to raise all the fingers [laugh][grin]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

These drivers honk or flash their lights because they are simply not happy that you managed to get in and even pull a distance away.

All without them even having to brake an inch. Even when they do not have to brake, they are simply not happy at all, they do not want people to be in front of them.

They are sore losers.

For that you will something like this [grin]

778752cd6de9ff6c3a6e4bd90e6f29cd.jpg

Twincharged
(edited)

i think its natural for anyone to be irritated if u kena horned for no reason. If i am to blame, i will be first to own up and wave back to the other party to apologise.

Yeah. That is what I meant. The guy didn't want TS to come out infront of him ma. So he got irritated when he did that so he purposely honk at TS to make him irritated too. The fact that TS is so irritated means the guy who honked at him achieved his objective already. Lol.

Edited by Nzy

(edited)

Singapore drivers an angry lot. Don't give way, don't want to lose, don't want to share.

Maybe related to high car costs. But taxi drivers also like that. Not their cars yet some drive in very angry style and use bullying tactics.

We see high ranking executives in their power suites. Make millions for their company or themselves. Give power talks. See the way they drive, all power and image down the drain. Aggressive and rude in their branded cars. They could be your friendly and understanding boss at work but their driving style is so otherwise.

Our roads are for all to share. No need fight to be first, fight for that small road space. Life is tiring enough. We get bullied, we let go. We felt bullied, also let go. We bully people, others also let go.

Don't judge a person by their driving style. Driving brings out the worse in us.

Edited by Petamore
  • Praise 1

Singapore drivers an angry lot. Don't give way, don't want to lose, don't want to share.

Maybe related to high car costs. But taxi drivers also like that. Not their cars yet some drive in very angry style and use bullying tactics.

We see high ranking executives in their power suites. Make millions for their company or themselves. Give power talks. See the way they drive, all power and image down the drain. Aggressive and rude in their branded cars. They could be your friendly and understanding boss at work but their driving style is so otherwise.

Our roads are for all to share. No need fight to be first, fight for that small road space. Life is tiring enough. We get bullied, we let go. We felt bullied, also let go. We bully people, others also let go.

Don't judge a person by their driving style. Driving brings out the worse in us.

It's the "I must be the best" mentality that's inculcated in us since young. Govt say cannot lose out to other people mah. So it manifests itself in such ways in daily life too.

It also happened to me. But this round is i want to turn to lane beside me, the moment i click signal, this super "Gen Jiong" fellow honk all the way for 3 sec. I do not even turn my steering wheel. LOL...  :a-fun:

i think it is really not a good habit to honk like that. the moment i hear the long honk, i check surrounding, i see behind tot of any car cannot break and honk for attention to save life. <--- this is the purpose use of honk.  [thumbsup]

A lot of time is not because people honk, it's the way people honk. Honk also got etiquette.

Agree tap honk to remind or say thank

Long horn if u cut into his lane and also almost cause accident

Twincharged

He "won" already. Cuz you irritated him so he came up to honk at you to irritate you. Seems like he irritated you enough that you had to post it in the forum

I suppose like marketing blitz. Sometimes even if its a negative connotation, you also get a kick out of the eyeballs that was drawn to the website and get tons of awareness.

Worst, sometimes I already filter in safely with indicator and ample amount of space. Yet I got honked because the driver probably du lan he have to slow down because I filter lane.

Yep, experienced a lot of anger displayed on roads, it's not healthy.   These days, I give way when people overtake and cut into my lane especially when they needed to cross so as to be able to make it at turning, I brake and let the fella go.     I'm not a slow driver, more of a speed and brake driver, doing these things actually makes me feel better!     People angry at being overtaken should try this therapy, the world will not be so stressed anymore. 

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Yep, experienced a lot of anger displayed on roads, it's not healthy. These days, I give way when people overtake and cut into my lane especially when they needed to cross so as to be able to make it at turning, I brake and let the fella go. I'm not a slow driver, more of a speed and brake driver, doing these things actually makes me feel better! People angry at being overtaken should try this therapy, the world will not be so stressed anymore.

True to that.

Same like you are walking.

Would you prefer the person behind to tell you "excuse me" or get raged because the person behind keep repeatedly shouting "f**k off, f**k off, f**k off!" until you give way?

Same for the person behind. Won't you feel better by giving some tolerance, or else just overtake?

Yep, experienced a lot of anger displayed on roads, it's not healthy. These days, I give way when people overtake and cut into my lane especially when they needed to cross so as to be able to make it at turning, I brake and let the fella go. I'm not a slow driver, more of a speed and brake driver, doing these things actually makes me feel better! People angry at being overtaken should try this therapy, the world will not be so stressed anymore.

These days I am a very slow guy

Especially at night

Even lorry faster than me

Anyone who wants to come in, I try my best to let them come in

I only don’t like two type of jokers

I driving at 50 60 70 80, then need to jam brake until zero one to let that fellow in. Kena a few of these jokers. They siao ah, wait I crash into them, they will die one ah, min also go hospital

Another is those kaysiao don’t want queue up one

End up I stuck in lane 3, can’t move, becuase queue cutter kay siao take lane 3, don’t want queue up in lane 4

• Praise 3

(edited)

i admits i honker

cos lots of time caught driver playing phone or texting infront of turning junction when it their turn to go, the car just freeze there

worst case was at eunos, driver doze off and everyone just drove off while he was still sleeping

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 4

Supercharged

Just now was filtering out left from outram road into chin swee, right lane is into CTE tunnel, then there are cars turning right the other way from outram into the tunnel or chin swee. This particular idiot, driving a nissan latio, if i am not wrong, was still at the right turn box outer lane, i estimated about 2-3 cars length away, so i just filtered out into chin swee. Soon, he caught up behind and then blasted the horn at me for nobody business. Common lah, about 3 cars length away, really eyes got problem. I think hes just not happy someone is faster than him. So i just slowed down to see what he will do. Just as i predicted, he drove beside me, then slowed down and blasted his horns again. I simply cant be bother to look at him and just carried on driving into the carpark at jln kukoh. Never follow me in leh, if he followed, then i really have a lot of time to play with him, the police HQ is just nearby, will ask him to follow me there if he want to play.

2-3 car length yes, but also depends how fast the car is approaching also right? 

Twincharged

True to that.

Same like you are walking.

Would you prefer the person behind to tell you "excuse me" or get raged because the person behind keep repeatedly shouting "f**k off, f**k off, f**k off!" until you give way?

Same for the person behind. Won't you feel better by giving some tolerance, or else just overtake?

no lah ... I think a lot of improvement here liow lah ... see the link ... no one honk or force their way out when the other car was in the wrong ... everyone waited patiently without incident. :a-panic:  :a-panic:

Hypersonic

If people always get horn

they need to change how they drive.

No one has horn me in years.

:D

Cannot be always get horn but drive perfectly right?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1