Prevailing Quata premium (PQP) of COE renewal

Kchew21

Sorry just a quick question... i read somewhere for COE renewal, owners are given up to 1 month to renew COE / pay the PQP rate.

So suppose car expire on 18 April 2016, so I guess you mean the PQP need to pay is the amount for April - is this right?

Even if the renewal application date is in May 2016 ...

Not sure what you mean by given up to 1 month to renew COE/pay the PQP rate. 

Do you mean if it expires on 18 Apr, you intend to renew only in May, meaning there will be a month of you driving a car that has no COE, insurance and road tax coverage?

That'll be risky, imho. if something happens to the car during this period, it'll be very problematic.

But if it's expiring in Apr, you pay PQP for Apr, cannot wait longer… I was hoping i can pay later rate too, but 3 days before it expired, bit the bullet and clicked online to renew, and $59k flew away. Then 2 wk later the COE dropped 20k… so PQP went down further… but too bad I couldn't wait.

At 120K, it is better to renew COE than buy a used 7-9 year old car.  At least you know your car and the aircon issue can easily be solved by repairing or replacing it with a new one.

Yup, that's what I finally figured too. 

↡ Advertisement

Sorry just a quick question... i read somewhere for COE renewal, owners are given up to 1 month to renew COE / pay the PQP rate.

So suppose car expire on 18 April 2016, so I guess you mean the PQP need to pay is the amount for April - is this right?

This is a bit tricky:

LTA's website states one month's grace period, so my intepretation is that the applicable PQP payable would be the same.

LTA is not so dumb, by allowing you to pay a lower PQP (if it is lower), basically giving you a free option.

Got this for me to drive in Malaysia.

As comfort as car with high safety features. Cruising at 160km/h without problem and patrol consumption around 12.5km/l on heavy foot.

Downside is I can't drive it into Sin.

Can G plate 4WD truck enter into Malaysia or it need to apply for special permit?

Can I register a 4WD truck as a private plate in Sin?

What brand and model is that? Any equivalent model in Singapore for G-plate?

Get one to trash.....

I am one of the guys waiting to renew my COE for another 5 years!

I dont quite understand the theory about how its more worth it to renew your COE if your car has high PARF rebate though. Shouldnt it be the opposite?

My Mazda 3 is currently close to 9 years old with a mileage of 97k and I am looking to renew the COE for another 5 years. That way, I will be forfeiting my PARF rebate of 7k, which makes up to about 1.4k a year. I feel that this is less painful for me as compared to a car with high PARF rebate value.

In any case, I am gonna wait till at least April/May to renew, so that the 3 months average will not include the December's COE price which was still quite high. Anyone doing the same? 

Reyorz, on 22 Feb 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

I dont quite understand the theory about how its more worth it to renew your COE if your car has high PARF rebate though. Shouldnt it be the opposite?

My Mazda 3 is currently close to 9 years old with a mileage of 97k and I am looking to renew the COE for another 5 years. That way, I will be forfeiting my PARF rebate of 7k, which makes up to about 1.4k a year. I feel that this is less painful for me as compared to a car with high PARF rebate value.

In any case, I am gonna wait till at least April/May to renew, so that the 3 months average will not include the December's COE price which was still quite high. Anyone doing the same? 

My Mit Lancer GLX coming May 18th 2016 will be 10 years. Very likely renewing my COE for 10 years, 5 years like very fast will come and furthermore almost all workshops said next 5 to 10 years the available car parts for this Lancer no problem at all. Beginning of May time to do homework on getting COE loans (although can come out around 50k one time but feel a bit heart pain) and see how the interest rate like, car inspection, road tax and cheapest insurance to get.

If renew, I will do it for 10 years, since COE will be rebated for remaining unused years....

If renew, I will do it for 10 years, since COE will be rebated for remaining unused years....

But will you be incurring a higher interest because of the larger sum of money that you loan? Hahah I am still a student, not much spare cash to splash on ):

i think this 1 month grace period is the same as paying late for our road tax.

one can delay paying the car road tax but the car without a valid road tax will not be allowed to be on the road. 

i think this 1 month grace period is the same as paying late for our road tax.

one can delay paying the car road tax but the car without a valid road tax will not be allowed to be on the road. 

I think his question is can he delay till May 2016's PQP is out before renewing...

The different between April and May's PQP could save(or increase) by a few $k.

I think his question is can he delay till May 2016's PQP is out before renewing...

The different between April and May's PQP could save(or increase) by a few $k.

Agree... it may go down further.... let's keep our fingers crossed!

But will you be incurring a higher interest because of the larger sum of money that you loan? Hahah I am still a student, not much spare cash to splash on ):

Not if you going to pay it all.... if can afford to...

If foreseen the coe will drop further in the coming months, don't think many people would be interested to renew their coe and might as well buy a new car?!

The pqp for cat A is likely to be slightly below 46k. It's the average of the last 6 exercises from Jan to March. (just add the six exercises' price divided by six) (Now only have 5 exercises)

Edited by Hyruga

If foreseen the coe will drop further in the coming months, don't think many people would be interested to renew their coe and might as well buy a new car?!

Which is true?

a) If the coe is low, people won't renew their coe cos might as well buy a new car

b) If the coe is high, people won't renew their coe cos might as well buy a new car

Which is true?

a) If the coe is low, people won't renew their coe cos might as well buy a new car

b) If the coe is high, people won't renew their coe cos might as well buy a new car

What logic is (b) ???  [hur]  [confused]

Supercharged

The pqp for cat A is likely to be slightly below 46k. It's the average of the last 6 exercises from Jan to March. (just add the six exercises' price divided by six) (Now only have 5 exercises)

Really? I just paid my renewal of coe, pqp at 49,541.

Basically just bring the cheque book and paid.

Straight and forward.

Minus the heartache part..

mind sharing the brand/model/year of the car which u renewed the COE for?

Really? I just paid my renewal of coe, pqp at 49,541.

Basically just bring the cheque book and paid.
Straight and forward.
Minus the heartache part..

↡ Advertisement