Prevailing Quata premium (PQP) of COE renewal

Kchew21

Hi All

I need advice as whether to

1. renew 10years or 5years coe

2. Renew now or wait till nearer to July 2016 when my altis reaches 10 years.

Many thanks

You got one more month to see.

Jan coe prices likely to be higher than coming April coe prices. So pqp should be lower in may.

But when may comes and if the car quota fot coe were to drop, then coe price may increase again.

Edited by Hyruga
↡ Advertisement

You got one more month to see.

Jan coe prices likely to be higher than coming April coe prices. So pqp should be lower in may.

But when may comes and if the car quota fot coe were to drop, then coe price may increase again.

Thanks Hyruga, hopefully coe may come down a little bit more when renewing coe come July.

Turbocharged

My COE expires in May 2016. If I renew my COE first week of May, which month's PQP will apply?

May 2016's PQP, which would be published after April's second COE bidding.

Turbocharged

Hi,

If my COE expire in 29 May 2016, can I wait for for MAY coe ?

• If the application for renewal of COE is made in the month of the COE expiry or after the COE expiry date (within the 1-month grace period with payment of late fees), the PQP rate for the month of COE expiry shall be payable. Upon renewal, the new COE will commence on the next day after the current COE expiry date. If the COE renewal is made prior to the current COE expiry month, the PQP payable shall be the rate applicable at the point of the renewal of the COE. Upon renewal, the new COE will commence from the 1st of the following month from the PQP month and the balance of the current COE will be forfeited.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/coe1.html

• Praise 1

Hi,

If my COE expire in 29 May 2016, can I wait for for MAY coe ?

Of cos if your COE expires May 2016, you pay for May 2016 PQP or earlier... Nothing later than your COE expiry month.

June PQP will be higher than May PQP guaranteed if stays around this range unless u see another 38k COE premium which was in Feb and used as a median for May, else it will be higher than MAy PQP

any bros renewing cat b coe too?

I am renewing 2 cars for my customer :)

My COE expires in May 2016. If I renew my COE first week of May, which month's PQP will apply?

Effectively u can renew either April 2016 or May 2016 PQP, in this instance May 2016 PQP is lower than April 2016, the choice is obvious.

Hi Jumpmanz, I am.

If you cannot wait then I suggest you have to take advantage of the feb COE which is at $38k for May PQP.

With second bidding results at $49k, if you missed the boat for May, then the PQP may go up if both bids in May is not lower than $38k.

Edited by DM84

Good for you guys lor...

I had to make a decision in Jan, and took the plunge at that time. $59k…  [bigcry]

I am renewing 2 cars for my customer :)

Hmm… why your customer need you to help renew leh? Are they taking loan?

If not, can renew online. No hassle...

Thanks for the advice.

Most likely will renew my Toyota Wish for 10years.

Welcome… Another old wish to tahan 10 more yr… 

good for you as it's about $10k cheaper than when i did it in Jan...

• Praise 2

Hmm… why your customer need you to help renew leh? Are they taking loan?

Yeah, they taking loan.

Hi Jumpmanz, I am.

If you cannot wait then I suggest you have to take advantage of the feb COE which is at $38k for May PQP.

With second bidding results at $49k, if you missed the boat for May, then the PQP may go up if both bids in May is not lower than $38k.

i think not likely to hit $38k for may.

will renew based on apr pqp $47k.

• Praise 1

i think not likely to hit $38k for may.

will renew based on apr pqp $47k.

Agree bro, but if you COE expire not on 1/May you can renew in May cos it is a little lower comparing April PQP ($47,450 vs $46,048)

COE for May unlikely to drop to $38k cos my view is if there are only 50% of the quota given, the other 50% will plunge in again in the next bidding exercise.

Not forgetting new owners who booked their vehicle from now to next exercise.

Therefore in my opinion, it is unlikely to drop since demand is still there...

Well of course this is just my 2 cents...

Thanks for the advice.

Most likely will renew my Toyota Wish for 10years.

Bro Ahbao999,

To be honest, if you notice, quite a number of dealers are taking in wish and selling it after renewing 5years....

Therefore it should be safe to renew wish as I believed the dealers know best If this model is worth to be taken in for renewal and has value and demand... Not forgetting its reliability...

Just out of curiosity, wonder if the parts currently used in new wish is compatible for 10year old wish?

Good for you guys lor...

I had to make a decision in Jan, and took the plunge at that time. $59k⦠[bigcry]

Hmm⦠why your customer need you to help renew leh? Are they taking loan?

Welcome⦠Another old wish to tahan 10 more yrâ¦

good for you as it's about $10k cheaper than when i did it in Jan...

Hi Atrecord,

I can understand the pain in your pocket. It's just that your situation is different and you did not have more time to wait.....

Who knows, COE will plunge after mid 2016... Then for those who renew anytime from now til June will also suffer the same fate... :-(

In my opinion is, once decided, dun look back cos what you have achieve is one less worry of whether to scrap or buy new... :-)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1