Cordless power tool system - which one ?

Kklee

yummy....

TB2X0dzfVXXXXbmXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!69655706.j

yummier...

TB2l3JxfVXXXXbGXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!69655706.j

stackable too...anyone have these? Or not so good as the top parts arent stable during movement of lower trolley.

TB2kkoCsFXXXXbXXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!1093950337

good leh....anything with lesser hand effort is better.

I love less hand effort :grin:

The cordless kind not really suitable for polishing. Hand polishing will still give better results IMO. Cuz those cordless machines once you press down with some pressure, it can't really spin already as it is alot less powerful than a dual action polisher. Good for waxing though.

Dunno about the Black and Decker one as I never tried before.

Nobody will probably believe me

I have one of these polishing machine at home :XD:

rs_500x244-150106140226-tumblr_lxerqsvUI

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

The cordless kind not really suitable for polishing. Hand polishing will still give better results IMO. Cuz those cordless machines once you press down with some pressure, it can't really spin already as it is alot less powerful than a dual action polisher. Good for waxing though.

Dunno about the Black and Decker one as I never tried before.

thanks for the response. .. cannot praise u until next round

anyway, I was caution to only use Dual action polisher as it has a safety mechanism to not score the paint if you press it too hard and better yet, get a random obiter...

it gives better result if you prep the paintwork as well as the sponge when you apply the correct procedure.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Supersonic

BTW is the a Tools forum in SG? Hardwarezone seems to be an gadget forum, phone/laptop forum.

I doubt many people are interested in tools and diy here.

The largest is probably based in US, http://www.garagejournal.com/

Tools of Japan is an interesting thread.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97563

Didn't know angmo also interested in high quality Japanese tools. [:p]

I bought some Koken tools myself.

Anyone has experience with Dongcheng power tools?

I am looking at their budget angle grinder and drill for some DIY.

thanks for the response. .. cannot praise u until next round

anyway, I was caution to only use Dual action polisher as it has a safety mechanism to not score the paint if you press it too hard and better yet, get a random obiter...

it gives better result if you prep the paintwork as well as the sponge when you apply the correct procedure.

I was looking at the Bosch Random Orbital Sander but unfortunately it is corded. . 

With the appropriate pads,  it looks easier than by hand. 

There isn't much information on that possibility from other makes like Makita which has the cordless version.

I am inclined to think that the polishing liquid/compound will do task, albeit very slowly.

I've a budget Bull Master angle grinder. It served me well, hasn't broken down or anything.

But no experience with Dongcheng.

Whatever you choose, make sure you wear safety glasses before using, esp high speed cutting tool.

The more kiasu professionals will wear complete face shield.

I've a budget Bull Master angle grinder. It served me well, hasn't broken down or anything.

But no experience with Dongcheng.

Whatever you choose, make sure you wear safety glasses before using, esp high speed cutting tool.

The more kiasu professionals will wear complete face shield.

I just discovered Stanley while searching for Bull Master.  Many positive reviews for the Stanley. 

This is interim as I likely be moving to cordless - Bosch 18V.

I agree, PPE is important.  

I am also checking out those anti cut gloves as well. 

You are referring to corded or cordless? For corded, Their router busted when I was using, the large drills are quite good. For angle grinders, the branded ones are not very much more.

You are referring to corded or cordless? For corded, Their router busted when I was using, the large drills are quite good. For angle grinders, the branded ones are not very much more.

I am looking at their budget corded ones.

From your comments,  looks like I need to look at other brands as I am not getting the drills. 

I am looking at their budget corded ones.

From your comments,  looks like I need to look at other brands as I am not getting the drills. 

Just my opinion, for tools, you should try to get the branded ones.

The lowest you should go is probably Stanley, although they make relatively good stuff too.

When you play with Chinese brands, you're on your own.

They may worked well, maybe for a while, then ok, but maybe blow up.

See the price difference and asked why ?

If the branded stuffs are around $100 and this Chinese brand sell at $30, you should be asking how could they sell at such a low price and still make profit ?

• Praise 2

Just my opinion, for tools, you should try to get the branded ones.

The lowest you should go is probably Stanley, although they make relatively good stuff too.

When you play with Chinese brands, you're on your own.

They may worked well, maybe for a while, then ok, but maybe blow up.

See the price difference and asked why ?

If the branded stuffs are around $100 and this Chinese brand sell at $30, you should be asking how could they sell at such a low price and still make profit ?

That is precisely why I am asking around.

While the the price in a way is "too good to be true",  there maybe something about it that the product is still being sold. 

I am exploring this option as an interim to do something while waiting for my order of another tool on the Bosch 18v system.    [laugh]

No space and garage is like that .....  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Angle grinders makita has a metal bodies ones, quite popular.

I’m have a Bosch but I find it gets warm when doing cutting work, of course to be fair, it’s not the right tool forit.

Drill depends what you drilling and needs. Dongcheng makes not bad larger ones.

Dong Cheng normal sander and jig saw is quite good too.

The dong Cheng router I used was over worked too. It was not designed to do what I was doing so to be fair it is still ok for occasional use.

I have seen their hand held cement mixer working very hard and still last.

Edited by nazerath
  • Praise 6

Angle grinders makita has a metal bodies ones, quite popular.

I’m have a Bosch but I find it gets warm when doing cutting work, of course to be fair, it’s not the right tool forit.

Drill depends what you drilling and needs. Dongcheng makes not bad larger ones.

Dong Cheng normal sander and jig saw is quite good too.

The dong Cheng router I used was over worked too. It was not designed to do what I was doing so to be fair it is still ok for occasional use.

I have seen their hand held cement mixer working very hard and still last.

Bosch which model?  Brushless?

Electric drills can just get a good one and it will last a very long time for infrequent home use. No need to waste money buy a cheap one then "upgrade" later.

I agree.  Put on wish list first.   Still need to get the work bench.  [laugh]

For the past few years, I've been buying quite a bit of cordless tools for my battery business.

I think anyone who wants to jump in should stick to the big brands, Bosch, deWalt, Milwaukee, Makita.

Basically, you're buying into a mini-ecosystem of batteries and chargers.

And you want the same battery to be able to be used with different tools of the same brand.

And the reason they also sell "bare" tool individually without the battery and charger.

For some reason, I ended up with Milwaukee M12 and M18 system.

They seem to have the largest variety of tools that is usable on the same battery system.

DeWalt was a bit disappointing. Bought a 18V impact driver, then they came up with a 20V version and the battery is not interchangeable.

I have a Milwaukee cordless ratchet. When I try to find a Makita, they don't have such a tool.

If you have bought 1/4" hex driver, you might come across a curious problem.

Some bits may not fit the driver.

If you've bought a Japanese style bit like this one:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00IJQ0DD6/

You'll notice the end of the shank after the notch is about 1/2" in length.

The other "standard" is about 1/4".

American and probably European style tool use 1/4" bit.

So the above will not fit a Milwaukee hex driver (it'll keep dropping off and can't be locked in), but it will fit a Makita hex driver.

So if you're buying a 1/4" hex driver, it's better to get a Makita, as it will take both 1/4" and 1/2" bit. [laugh]

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 2

Bosch which model? Brushless?

I agree. Put on wish list first. Still need to get the work bench. [laugh]

Bosch 100 mm type, I don’t have the model with me but it’s brushed n corded.

You need work bench too? What kind of project? I drill press is really nice to have.

• Praise 2

For the past few years, I've been buying quite a bit of cordless tools for my battery business.

I think anyone who wants to jump in should stick to the big brands, Bosch, deWalt, Milwaukee, Makita.

Basically, you're buying into a mini-ecosystem of batteries and chargers.

And you want the same battery to be able to be used with different tools of the same brand.

And the reason they also sell "bare" tool individually without the battery and charger.

For some reason, I ended up with Milwaukee M12 and M18 system.

They seem to have the largest variety of tools that is usable on the same battery system.

DeWalt was a bit disappointing. Bought a 18V impact driver, then they came up with a 20V version and the battery is not interchangeable.

I have a Milwaukee cordless ratchet. When I try to find a Makita, they don't have such a tool.

If you have bought 1/4" hex driver, you might come across a curious problem.

Some bits may not fit the driver.

If you've bought a Japanese style bit like this one:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00IJQ0DD6/

You'll notice the end of the shank after the notch is about 1/2" in length.

The other "standard" is about 1/4".

American and probably European style tool use 1/4" bit.

So the above will not fit a Milwaukee hex driver (it'll keep dropping off and can't be locked in), but it will fit a Makita hex driver.

So if you're buying a 1/4" hex driver, it's better to get a Makita, as it will take both 1/4" and 1/2" bit. [laugh]

I need some time to process this.   [laugh]

I got Makita 18v.  Only 2 tools - vacuum and blower.  No other power tools.  [laugh]

Now switching to Bosch 18v.

Edited by Kklee
↡ Advertisement