Mitsubishi ASX

Agoodman

Good buy! However, u may want to check with the SE on how much they are bidding for your Coe based on this price. SE may ask u to top up for guaranteed package (I'm guessing).

Test drove 2 weeks back; it was 103,999 and must trade in vehicle and take loan for 6 bids NG. Was surprised price actually falls despite coe going up.

↡ Advertisement

I found this car bumpy during the short test drive. Furthermore, i dont see many on the road despite the relative low price.  Is it a good buy ? 

Test drove 2 weeks back; it was 103,999 and must trade in vehicle and take loan for 6 bids NG. Was surprised price actually falls despite coe going up.

Tip: Try visiting the Ubi c&c... U be surprised with what they have at the back of their sleeves.... :)
  • Praise 1

I found this car bumpy during the short test drive. Furthermore, i dont see many on the road despite the relative low price. Is it a good buy ?

C&C SG didn't do a good job in marketing the Mitsubishi cars in Singapore, they only bring in 4 Mitsubishi models. As for Australia, nz, Malaysia, Japan, China, U.K. and USA, their dealer are more aggressive with marketing. It has some very good reviews in these countries from the asx owners.

there are plenty of asx accessories on Taobao/aliexpress. The Singapore asx is made in Japan and one of the reason I got is the 5 yrs full warranty and 10 yrs engine warranty offered by c&c, which is rather reliable (considering that they are also the agent for merc, Mitsubishi, Kia & Citroen).

Tip: Try visiting the Ubi c&c... U be surprised with what they have at the back of their sleeves.... :)

PM the tips please!!

hihi

i may have to test drive again with my wife. may visit ubi this time. pls share the tip with me if ethical 

I went to C&C Alexandra (in Dec 2015) to test drive the ASX.

The SE who attended to me was very good.

However, take note that you have to trade in your car with their dealer in order to enjoy another few $$K of the listed price and you have to take their financing package too if you want to get further discounts.

I was told that to expect delivery of the car only in Feb 2016 and the offered trade in price for my car is $21k. I told them that another dealer offered me $25K and I offered to pay in cash (no loan required).

The SE said company policy cannot change...so I said sorry I go buy another car.

• Praise 1

I went to C&C Alexandra (in Dec 2015) to test drive the ASX.

The SE who attended to me was very good.

However, take note that you have to trade in your car with their dealer in order to enjoy another few $$K of the listed price and you have to take their financing package too if you want to get further discounts.

I was told that to expect delivery of the car only in Feb 2016 and the offered trade in price for my car is $21k. I told them that another dealer offered me $25K and I offered to pay in cash (no loan required).

The SE said company policy cannot change...so I said sorry I go buy another car.

Like i mentioned, the top tip is to visit Ubi C&C.......

(edited)

Mit Asx 99,999 liao... any catch?

Yah was checking out the price and realised drop to $99,999! wow likley clearing stock for new variant? So tempting... Torn between Forester vs ASX... Hmmm...

ASX = $12,800 cheaper + higher trade in discount

For that amount I get a panaromic sunroof, AWD, electric seats in the Forester... How how

Edited by Tunge

Yah was checking out the price and realised drop to $99,999! wow likley clearing stock for new variant? So tempting... Torn between Forester vs ASX... Hmmm...

ASX = $12,800 cheaper + higher trade in discount

For that amount I get a panaromic sunroof, AWD, electric seats in the Forester... How how

if you are driving the car for next 5 - 10 years then i think better to buy the one u like more lor

• Praise 1

Asx is totally different class with forester. I thought asx suppose to match xv class.

If I can afford 100k, will definitely go for forester.

Asx is totally different class with forester. I thought asx suppose to match xv class.

If I can afford 100k, will definitely go for forester.

In terms of price point it's XV v ASX but then XV is 1.6l.

That said Forester is still my 1st choice, it's just that ASX pricing really tempting

Hi,

For those who are considering ASX, based on my personal experiences, the COE bidding may take some time.

I only got mine at the 4th bid on a 6 bid guaranteed COE package.

I also shortlisted the Subaru XV, but personally I do not like all wheel drive (AWD) and possibly higher fuel consumption, plus the engine is quite puny (1.6L) so I went for the ASX.

You do not see many ASX on the road in Singapore, but guess that is an advantage: it is more 'exclusive'.

You can see many Honda Vezel/HRV , Subaru Forester on the road everyday and it becomes too common.

But think that C&C marketing for the ASX is not so good, that is why not many on the road now.

I went to cc at Leng Kee but seems like they are not interested in me. Well, maybe i wore t shirt and Bermuda. So i didnt consider this model.

Can you wear at least something better?

I went to cc at Leng Kee but seems like they are not interested in me. Well, maybe i wore t shirt and Bermuda. So i didnt consider this model.

Can you wear at least something better?

Do not think that it is what u wear. I wore t-shirt & Bermuda to c&c ubi and ended up buying the asx.

(edited)

Just saw this on a Yahoo! page:

"No Nonsense Explanation On Why Cars In Singapore Are So Expensive"

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/no-nonsense-explanation-why-cars-000047735.html?linkId=23228134

So we are paying $103,999 for something that costs only $16,991!

We all know that Singapore must be the most expensive place in the world to own a car!

"How A $17,000 Mitsubishi Becomes $104,000

Here is an example of how a $17,000 Mitsubishi ASX becomes $104,000 in Singapore.

OMV $16,991

ARF $16,991

Excise Duty & GST $4,825

COE (Cat B) $46,502

Basic Cost (Inclusive of $140 registration fee) $85,450

Dealer’s Margin $18,799 (22%) 

Final Sale Price $103,999

Source: SGCarmart"

Edited by Clement
↡ Advertisement