Mitsubishi ASX

Agoodman

Neutral Newbie

@Pauche, wow install so many stuff already, but have you checked with c&c about Warranty matters? I heard some dealer will void your warranty for the electrical part if install a lot after market gadges. Just curious.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

@Pauche, wow install so many stuff already, but have you checked with c&c about Warranty matters? I heard some dealer will void your warranty for the electrical part if install a lot after market gadges. Just curious.

Whoops...?

Yup, warranty probably voided by now....  [:p]

stick to stock is the best  [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

I was told all servicing n repair MUST be done by C&C Singapore, even the car break down somewhere up north, else warranty void.

Bro Pauche, just a few qn,

1) Does the Sharfin antenna affects reception?

2) How's the cabin noise after drvg for some time?

3) Is the recording camera link to the panel screen?

4) Read in some forum that A beam and poor rear vision causes blind spot?

Bro Pauche, just a few qn,

1) Does the Sharfin antenna affects reception?

2) How's the cabin noise after drvg for some time?

3) Is the recording camera link to the panel screen?

4) Read in some forum that A beam and poor rear vision causes blind spot?

1) sharksfin antenna ok as I got the 'premium' version with more copper inside.  basement carpark can't receive though.

2) cabin noise is good, pretty quiet.  if you want better sound proofing, you can always add more rubber seals. its a very low cost option.

3) nope, its standalone, viewable on hp via wifi.  I'm using thinkware 750.

4) for me, i have no issue with the A beam.  I am using a wider rear view mirror, hence better coverage (covering the left rear glass window too)

Hi Clement

Thanks for your response. I am not sure whether can trust the specs in scm and dealer website. Even SE, their answer like not very accurate sometime. To be sure, better test or ask owner. But i forgot to try during my last test drive. Hope that you collect car soon and hear from you the experience :)

Finally got a chance to test out the cruise control on the expressway.

It works but with heavy traffic you need to brake or speed up and the cruise control will cut off.

You can then set a new speed or cut it off.

All controls at your finger tips on right side of the steering wheel.

When you are doing say 60 km/h and your cruise speed is set at 90 km/h, the engine will rev noisily until u reach 90 km/h.

U got to be careful that there is no one in front of u.

Best used on empty stretches of expressway with little traffic.

Those who have gotten their ride can provide some info on initial ride experience?

Ride quality is slighty better than my previous 2L sedan.

ASX is using 18" wheels and my previous ride uses 16" wheels.

I used to travel over a section of road with metal plates and poorly done up road tar; in my previous ride, it just feels really choppy.

In the ASX, the ride is better controlled and much less choppy over the same stretch of road.

So that was really surprising.

Tyres are new, so loud roaring noise over rougher roads.

ASX uses Bridgestone Dueler H/T 684ii 225/55 R18 tyres.

Otherwise, ride is fairly quiet even at expressway speeds up to 90km/h.

Visibility is good, no problems with blockage from the A pillars.

You have to adjust your side mirrors to eliminate the blind spot problem.

Have no issue with blind spots.

Rear view is poor, rear view window is small and rear view mirror has a narrow view.

Am thinking of fitting on a wider rear view mirror.

Personally, I think the steering should be a bit heavier at expressway speeds

But as it is, it is reasonable and not too light at expressway speeds.

Easy to steer at normal driving speeds or parking speed.

Need to be careful with the rear hatch door, it goes up higher than a sedan boot,

so must open carefully at car parks with low ceilings.

Ride height is good, higher than that for a typical sedan, so overall view is better.

Only got the ASX for less than one week, so these are just my initial observations.

• Praise 1

Finally got a chance to test out the cruise control on the expressway.

It works but with heavy traffic you need to brake or speed up and the cruise control will cut off.

You can then set a new speed or cut it off.

All controls at your finger tips on right side of the steering wheel.

When you are doing say 60 km/h and your cruise speed is set at 90 km/h, the engine will rev noisily until u reach 90 km/h.

U got to be careful that there is no one in front of u.

Best used on empty stretches of expressway with little traffic.

just curious how do you set 90 when doing 60?

when you press 'cruise', the light comes on, and then you press 'set'.  It should be the current speed it cruises at.  to increase to 90, you either need to accelerate to 90, or press the + many times till it reaches 90 (each click on the + is 1.6 km/h)

so just curious how do you set 90 when doing 60?

just curious how do you set 90 when doing 60?

when you press 'cruise', the light comes on, and then you press 'set'.  It should be the current speed it cruises at.  to increase to 90, you either need to accelerate to 90, or press the + many times till it reaches 90 (each click on the + is 1.6 km/h)

so just curious how do you set 90 when doing 60?

Was doing 90 km/h along expressway, so set at that speed.

Then encountered heavy traffic had to slow down to 60 km/h.

When traffic cleared, reactivate cruise control and it goes back to 90 km/h.

But as I mentioned, there is a loud engine roar.

Ideally, should accelerate manually to 90 km/h and then reactivate the cruise control.

In this way, should not have the sudden engine acceleration.

Was doing 90 km/h along expressway, so set at that speed.

Then encountered heavy traffic had to slow down to 60 km/h.

When traffic cleared, reactivate cruise control and it goes back to 90 km/h.

But as I mentioned, there is a loud engine roar.

Ideally, should accelerate manually to 90 km/h and then reactivate the cruise control.

In this way, should not have the sudden engine acceleration.

When you slow down to 60 (via brakes?), wouldn't the cruise control be disengaged?

Sorry, I'm also exploring the features!

When you slow down to 60 (via brakes?), wouldn't the cruise control be disengaged?

Sorry, I'm also exploring the features!

Yes, the cruise control will cut off when you brake, but when you re-engage it, think it will return to the previous setting because I did not press "cancel" button.

Yes, the cruise control will cut off when you brake, but when you re-engage it, think it will return to the previous setting because I did not press "cancel" button.

I'm looking at the user manual now. It says if u brake, the cc will be disengaged but u can only resume the set speed only if u press +. No other methods to restore set speed....

Collected my grey steed on Fri, drove to Malacca on day 3 (run in 70% completed!). Here's my 2 cents so far.

Pros:

- don't think any other 2L car even comes close at this price. (that's a big pro!)

- free 3 yr service 5/10 yr warranty is cherry on top.

- more features than expected at this price.

- aesthetic is pleasing, good feedback all round so far.

- pass the NSHW test (not the chiong part since still running in).

Cons:

- FC, as expected, I am seeing 12.5km/L HW and 9km/L city with light foot from the built in calculator. Have not verified at the pump. (Will see real impact when the gloves come off after 1000km)

- Rear passenger width is not the best.

- Boot space is not the best.

- Steering is too light and vague for me.

- Front doors sounds less robust than rear doors.

Other quibbles:

- CnC / Tomo workmanship in doubt, camera signal malfunctioning intermittently, a plastic cover for the driver seat rails has fallen off (this is only day 5!)

- Any other bros knows if our rides comes with anti theft alarm? I am not sure how to test it?

- Seat belts not agreeing with booster seat, I think there is some tension release mechanism which loosens everything when the child leans forward, anyone knows how to disable?

- Entertainment navi system interface seems different from showroom car. Not worse, just different.

That's all the initial impressions for now, it has been good but only time will tell if the higher FC and road tax will be worth it.

I'm looking at the user manual now. It says if u brake, the cc will be disengaged but u can only resume the set speed only if u press +. No other methods to restore set speed....

"RES+" to resume previous cruise speed, "SET-" to use current speed to cruise.

• Praise 1

my GPS navigational was not working when I collected my car from C&C Ubi.  SE told me to go to Tomo myself to settle (so he can wash hands and 'settle' the delivery)..... [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]

My ASC had issues lighting up on collection too.  SE from C&C Ubi told me to feedback to the workshop when I go for 1k servicing....  [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]  [thumbsdown]

• Praise 1

Yes, need to press + to resume set speed.

• Praise 1

(edited)

my GPS navigational was not working when I collected my car from C&C Ubi. SE told me to go to Tomo myself to settle (so he can wash hands and 'settle' the delivery)..... [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

My ASC had issues lighting up on collection too. SE from C&C Ubi told me to feedback to the workshop when I go for 1k servicing.... [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

I have a glovebox issue, the left side lock does not engage into the hole properly. So when u close it, the lid is still slightly open at the left side. Need to bang it harder and it closes properly. It is a minor issue, so will get it fixed during 1K service.

What i do not like is that the usb socket is just a cable dangling inside the glovebox. The outlander has the usb socket inside the centre console box next to 12V supply socket, which is way bettter.

Edited by Clement

I have a glovebox issue, the left side lock does not engage into the hole properly. So when u close it, the lid is still slightly open at the left side. Need to bang it harder and it closes properly. It is a minor issue, so will get it fixed during 1K service.

What i do not like is that the usb socket is just a cable dangling inside the glovebox. The outlander has the usb socket inside the centre console box next to 12V supply socket, which is way bettter.

The ASX is supposed to have one in the armrest compartment too.... but....... its not installed.

Refer to the user manual 5-57.

↡ Advertisement