Beware Lot1 Fruit Juice Stall at Basement

Alechi

In some research, drinking fruit juice is actually having more sugar intake. I usually avoid but sometimes bo pian..see people drink U also want to drink.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

In some research, drinking fruit juice is actually having more sugar intake. I usually avoid but sometimes bo pian..see people drink U also want to drink.

Normally we eat fruits, say apple, 1 or 1.5 apples quite full liao.. But fruit juice, they juice at least 2-3 apples to make 1 glass.. So in efffect, you're consuming that much worth fo sugar (minus out whatever is left in the juicer).

Furthermore, in liquid form, your body absorb it even faster.

• Praise 2

I have a juicer at home, very seldom use. But when there is too much fruits at times, we will chilled the fruits before extracting the juice. No need ice already very cold and gao(concentrated).

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Many years back, I have also seen this stall that sells sugar cane dipping the entire bunch of canes into water before putting through the extractor...

They are just rinsing the loose dirt and dust off the cane b4 extracting the juice.... i see some stalls do that also and some just run the cane under the tap with some rubbing.

I have a juicer at home, very seldom use. But when there is too much fruits at times, we will chilled the fruits before extracting the juice. No need ice already very cold and gao(concentrated).

I have a juicer at home as well but just too lazy to wash it after every juicing so i always drink fruit juice outside.

Supersonic

Normally we eat fruits, say apple, 1 or 1.5 apples quite full liao.. But fruit juice, they juice at least 2-3 apples to make 1 glass.. So in efffect, you're consuming that much worth fo sugar (minus out whatever is left in the juicer).

Maybe fruit juice is good if you blend your own fruit juice at home.

Supercharged

remembered when i walked past this stall last time, they always lelong $1 watermelon juice.

oh that will be coolman fruit juice. they have a few branch, see the boss at imm branch a few times.

Supercharged

i have a friend who is a bioscience graduate. They did a bacteria study on hawker food, and found out the juicer machine has the most number of bacteria amongst all hawker stalls.

The finding fits in the theory of food being exposed to air over period of time. When the hawker juice the fruits, the leftovers stays in the machine. They are hawkers, they have no time to clean out the leftovers every time they juice for one customer. These leftovers get accumulated over time, and due to high sugar contents and exposed to humidity, bacteria grows v fast in the machine.

so you are drinking all that bacteria every time u buy that fruit juice.

• Praise 2

i have a friend who is a bioscience graduate. They did a bacteria study on hawker food, and found out the juicer machine has the most number of bacteria amongst all hawker stalls.

The finding fits in the theory of food being exposed to air over period of time. When the hawker juice the fruits, the leftovers stays in the machine. They are hawkers, they have no time to clean out the leftovers every time they juice for one customer. These leftovers get accumulated over time, and due to high sugar contents and exposed to humidity, bacteria grows v fast in the machine.

let me guess

the least bacteria is char kway teow? [grin]

no wonder my old boss who consume 1 char kway teow and 1 pack of dunhill a day is still going strong

• Praise 1

Supersonic

So which one has the least bacteria? :huh:

So which one has the least bacteria? :huh:

230px-Chai_tow_kway.jpg

because fry already immediately eat [grin]

this one [grin]

yakult-back-regular.jpg

• Praise 1

Supercharged

let me guess

the least bacteria is char kway teow? [grin]

no wonder my old boss who consume 1 char kway teow and 1 pack of dunhill a day is still going strong

LOL

of coz food that is cooked on the spot and eaten right away will have the least bacteria.

u know whats the next hawker food that has alot of bacteria? That chicken rice or roast duck stall that has no business............ That poor chicken or duck hang up there for the whole day, imagine the amount of bacteria growing on it and houseflies buzzing around it........

Many a times, i have friends who kena food poisoning, their last meal was mostly chicken rice :D

its quite normal la....... u think this is the only stall doing this? i'm not saying all stalls are doing the same "cheating", but the common cheating are:

1. add water

2. worse, add sugar water!

3. add alot of ice

be a smart customer and only buy from ethical stalls.

Personally, buying fruit juice is one of the most cut throat business in the world. And customers are dumb enough to keep patronising. Eat fruits at home is the best.

My sentiments. Now have taken a step further to eat fresher poultry n seafood by buying from wet markets / NTUC finest.
  • Praise 1

some people are suckers for sweet things......😂😂😂😂

My sentiments. Now have taken a step further to eat fresher poultry n seafood by buying from wet markets / NTUC finest.

NTUC finest? My wife swears off them as saying ntuc poultry and fish as so last week....😂😂😂😂! She will go to the wet market and choose the freshest available she can....but sometime lan lan also will get those not so fresh....most probably 2 or 3 days old! Luckily the one selling meat is an old friend of mine and the fishmonger is from her regular stall.
  • Praise 1

lim teh the bestest and cheaperest. Take one thermo bottle, put hot water, put in tea leaves/bag, presto can drink throughout the day. Can openly bring into FC/kopitiam and no scared kena chased out as long as your thermo bottle is generic (555 or Zipbra brands should be OK), i.e. no put Milo, Lipton or Nestle brand. [laugh]

Oolong tea also very good after a hearty meal of sinful foods. [thumbsup]

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2