Beware Lot1 Fruit Juice Stall at Basement

Alechi

some studies also say computer keyboard is dirtier and has more bacterias than toilet seat.

i have a friend who is a bioscience graduate. They did a bacteria study on hawker food, and found out the juicer machine has the most number of bacteria amongst all hawker stalls.

The finding fits in the theory of food being exposed to air over period of time. When the hawker juice the fruits, the leftovers stays in the machine. They are hawkers, they have no time to clean out the leftovers every time they juice for one customer. These leftovers get accumulated over time, and due to high sugar contents and exposed to humidity, bacteria grows v fast in the machine.

so you are drinking all that bacteria every time u buy that fruit juice.

avoid most chillis sauce also.

It's so contaminated.... [bigcry]

LOL

of coz food that is cooked on the spot and eaten right away will have the least bacteria.

u know whats the next hawker food that has alot of bacteria? That chicken rice or roast duck stall that has no business............ That poor chicken or duck hang up there for the whole day, imagine the amount of bacteria growing on it and houseflies buzzing around it........

Many a times, i have friends who kena food poisoning, their last meal was mostly chicken rice :D

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement

100% fruit means no ice you need to pay more. Likes sugar cane without ice always 10 or 20 cents more.

Not likely to be 10-20 cents more bro. Usually is 30- 50 cents. $1.50 for normal, $1.80 to $2 for less and no ice respectively.

The most cut-throat is add lemon... 20 cents! Sell 3 cups can buy one lemon!

Not likely to be 10-20 cents more bro. Usually is 30- 50 cents. $1.50 for normal, $1.80 to $2 for less and no ice respectively.

The most cut-throat is add lemon... 20 cents! Sell 3 cups can buy one lemon!

if grow own lemon tree......free😂😂😂😂!

lim teh the bestest and cheaperest. Take one thermo bottle, put hot water, put in tea leaves/bag, presto can drink throughout the day. Can openly bring into FC/kopitiam and no scared kena chased out as long as your thermo bottle is generic (555 or Zipbra brands should be OK), i.e. no put Milo, Lipton or Nestle brand. [laugh]

Oolong tea also very good after a hearty meal of sinful foods. [thumbsup]

Can try pu er, its good because not so acidic n also very good after eating oily food

NTUC finest? My wife swears off them as saying ntuc poultry and fish as so last week....😂😂😂😂! She will go to the wet market and choose the freshest available she can....but sometime lan lan also will get those not so fresh....most probably 2 or 3 days old! Luckily the one selling meat is an old friend of mine and the fishmonger is from her regular stall.

Walau bro, and fresher gotta go to port liao. Finest for poultry n fish or prawn is ok for me, not the usual NTUC. Recently asked for refund for salmon w ammonia stench fr regular NTUC outlet. Packed date same as purchase date just doesn't mean much if this is the case.

Walau bro, and fresher gotta go to port liao. Finest for poultry n fish or prawn is ok for me, not the usual NTUC. Recently asked for refund for salmon w ammonia stench fr regular NTUC outlet. Packed date same as purchase date just doesn't mean much if this is the case.

hahaha.....like that must go to fishery port liao! I dont depend on the package date.......they tend to repackage those not sold and mixed the new with the older stocks. Told my wife to buy threadfin at ntuc and she said she rather buy at her regular fishmonger.....confirmed its fresh from the same fish. She said NTUC wan some of the meat will disintegrate fast when boiled!

+1. Just bought black grapes from NTUC. Inside packaging got inferior quality seedless red grapes added for the weight. Were told years back, NTUC = Never Trust Union Chief?

told you right.......inside the pack 2/3 will be those u never thought of buying! That was from experience.....and selom were they good ones.

Giants allow us to pick when buy longan. [thumbsup]

Yup.....giant better! Last yr we went to Giant during cny and bought prawns and such......cheaper and fresher that u kmow who. Me and the wifey have ntuc cards but we dont use them at all.....hahaha.

hahaha.....like that must go to fishery port liao! I dont depend on the package date.......they tend to repackage those not sold and mixed the new with the older stocks. Told my wife to buy threadfin at ntuc and she said she rather buy at her regular fishmonger.....confirmed its fresh from the same fish. She said NTUC wan some of the meat will disintegrate fast when boiled!

What ur wife said about NTUC fish is true. Fish meat becomes like flaky or powdery. Threadfin not cheap, even at NTUC, cost excess of $50 per kg. other than for my kids when they were in their toddler yrs, I seldom buy this fish. Now usually eat cod, salmon, snapper n batang.

What ur wife said about NTUC fish is true. Fish meat becomes like flaky or powdery. Threadfin not cheap, even at NTUC, cost excess of $50 per kg. other than for my kids when they were in their toddler yrs, I seldom buy this fish. Now usually eat cod, salmon, snapper n batang.

Gave my daughter threadfin and still giving. I love red snapper.....very versatile meat...can cook many dish another is grey pomfret......of course none is from ntuc...😄😄😄😄

Gave my daughter threadfin and still giving. I love red snapper.....very versatile meat...can cook many dish another is grey pomfret......of course none is from ntuc...😄😄😄😄

good father n mother.

good father n mother.

nope....just a normal parent......nothing outstanding! Cant send my daughter for ballet or piano lessons like her cousins.....😢😢😢😢!

nope....just a normal parent......nothing outstanding! Cant send my daughter for ballet or piano lessons like her cousins.....😢😢😢😢!

if u n wifey earning reasonable income, u can balance food n enrichment bro. sometimes, as parents, we sacrifice a lil n give our offsprings better headstart / some livelihood / life skills.

if u n wifey earning reasonable income, u can balance food n enrichment bro. sometimes, as parents, we sacrifice a lil n give our offsprings better headstart / some livelihood / life skills.

she homemaker while i bring the dough. Dont want to disturb my son as he is paying for his own studies.....but ya.....as parents we should sacrifice for their well-being.
  • Praise 5

lim teh the bestest and cheaperest. Take one thermo bottle, put hot water, put in tea leaves/bag, presto can drink throughout the day. Can openly bring into FC/kopitiam and no scared kena chased out as long as your thermo bottle is generic (555 or Zipbra brands should be OK), i.e. no put Milo, Lipton or Nestle brand. [laugh]

Oolong tea also very good after a hearty meal of sinful foods. [thumbsup]

drinking tea is good..but only if it's drank at least 30 minutes before a meal..not during/after a meal

LOL

of coz food that is cooked on the spot and eaten right away will have the least bacteria.

u know whats the next hawker food that has alot of bacteria? That chicken rice or roast duck stall that has no business............ That poor chicken or duck hang up there for the whole day, imagine the amount of bacteria growing on it and houseflies buzzing around it........

Many a times, i have friends who kena food poisoning, their last meal was mostly chicken rice :D

Last meal? Goodness!

Turbocharged

Yup.....giant better! Last yr we went to Giant during cny and bought prawns and such......cheaper and fresher that u kmow who. Me and the wifey have ntuc cards but we dont use them at all.....hahaha.

Actually depends on which day and where is the location..

The Giant in IMM on weekdays have very bad quality fruits and veggies when compared to Fairprice Xtra at JEM.

Cold Storage one is even fresher. I can blindly grab any pack of veggie and be sure that it's good, as compared to Giant, where I have to pick/choose to get good ones.

Bue of course, CS price is at least 2x more than Giant..

↡ Advertisement