All New BMW 1 Series

ccsgl1900

I have to make do with my garden hose and hand to wipe off the dirt, luckily the water pressure is pretty decent. my maid initially wanted to help me wash last time after she saw the process dun dare offer any more help lol.

That's why it is important to have hi pressure pump to hose off dirt.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

the inifiniti had a self healing paint that doesn't have this problem

even minor scratches just park under hot sun it will "heal"

sibei amazing.

but alas, it also has its drawbacks. but really love the innovation

I think the place that sell COOL'n'LITE film also sell a body paint-protection film that boasts a self-healing trait under heat. You may want to try it if you want that [:)]

Me I won't buy black cars... don't like them absorbing the heat. Prefer silver/gray, or actually my favorite is inky blues or for certain cars, "British racing green"! :wub:

I think the place that sell COOL'n'LITE film also sell a body paint-protection film that boasts a self-healing trait under heat. You may want to try it if you want that [:)]

Me I won't buy black cars... don't like them absorbing the heat. Prefer silver/gray, or actually my favorite is inky blues or for certain cars, "British racing green"! :wub:

Hmm. Anyone tried the cool n lite or the paint protection film do share feedback here. If not too ex, i think i can try. But i quite like the feeling of a "plastic or film" over the actual metal part... ;) doesn't feel real.. Lol

One thing true about black car is make sure you ON the car light especially when driving in the night. Else it is very dangerous. Especially dangerous if some of you like to park at those dark dark places.....

Which car brand got superior paint that dun Kanna swirl marks? (Dun say those new age self healing paint). Any dark coloured car wash with dirty cloth will already Kanna swirl mark. It's not how often you wash the car but the prep you take before you wash the car.

My layman experience. Currently my 7-year old conti does not have swirl marks. I never polish, and self wash once every 3 to 4 weeks. Underground car park most if not all the time. Previously my Camry half the time not under sheltered parking, and it has swirl marks. So I infer it is either the camry paint, or being exposed to the elements. :mellow:

I have no issue with heat. Juz get into the car & open sun roof. Heat get out very fast.

Hmm. Anyone tried the cool n lite or the paint protection film do share feedback here. If not too ex, i think i can try. But i quite like the feeling of a "plastic or film" over the actual metal part... ;) doesn't feel real.. Lol

One thing true about black car is make sure you ON the car light especially when driving in the night. Else it is very dangerous. Especially dangerous if some of you like to park at those dark dark places.....

I have been using Revol PPS since i got my current car. It is very ex. But birdie poo does not "eat" thru the paint.

My headlight is permanently on auto. No issue with dark dark car park.

Twincharged

'Buying bottom of the range'

That's another way to illustrate my 'big fish in small pond vs small fish in big pond' analogy.

Likewise, for me, I rather buy the most expensive LV bag rather than the most basic/entry level Hermes bag.

I guess either way is fine as long as it float your boat. The key thing is you must know what you are buying (mind) and why are you buying it (heart). I always say, your money, your call, you live by the sword, die by the sword.

So would you buy the best China made car? Vs the cheapest Korean?

Newbie26. I guess that is just sales talk to make you feel better when buying or selling black cars.. ;)

Davidtch. In order not to get swirl marks. I guessed a good first time groom or coat is needed. Because my previous 2 cars all get such marks. Though after wash is better but still can see. As I am not that "particular" on swirl marks and I also live in HDB with Open CarPark, I guess I cannot avoid the sun and the Birdie's poo...

Congrats. Another proud owner of BMW. :)

So would you buy the best China made car? Vs the cheapest Korean?

Good twist to the point that I am trying to make.

For me, neither of them. I am blessed to be able to afford the next rung up so yea, neither.

The point of discussion here is the relative max of what 1 can afford. More importantly, it should ideally be 'similar' or at least be 'comparable'. Comparing China/India cars to Jap/Korean, is a bit pushing the argument too far.

Congrats. Another proud owner of BMW. :)

I know you are one of them too... ;) you the one mentioning will be collecting after 7th month right?

What colour is your conti car though if its a dark color I would find it hard to believe (no offense ya) that it has no swirl marks. My dad's silver merc has swirl marks as well but only obvious when you look at the car under proper lighting. We have a LED light on the porch and I can see them but not so obvious under sunlight.

My layman experience. Currently my 7-year old conti does not have swirl marks. I never polish, and self wash once every 3 to 4 weeks. Underground car park most if not all the time. Previously my Camry half the time not under sheltered parking, and it has swirl marks. So I infer it is either the camry paint, or being exposed to the elements. :mellow:

For the paint might want to consider PPS, after its done then washing it now and again (with a clean cloth) would suffice in keeping the cars paint job looking good.

As mention by a bro earlier, ask your SE to do a MSA memory coding before you pick up the car, then the car will have memory for the start stop function (or it will reset when you turn off the car). They sometimes charge after you collect the car and request for it later.

I know you are one of them too... ;) you the one mentioning will be collecting after 7th month right?

Woohoo nice clean look, ever consider some decals to give the black some contrast

image.jpeg

My dirty black car

• Praise 1

For the paint might want to consider PPS, after its done then washing it now and again (with a clean cloth) would suffice in keeping the cars paint job looking good.

As mention by a bro earlier, ask your SE to do a MSA memory coding before you pick up the car, then the car will have memory for the start stop function (or it will reset when you turn off the car). They sometimes charge after you collect the car and request for it later.

Thanks buddy. Will check out the PPS. the only PPS or PPT I know is Powerpoint :) lol.

As for the MSA memory coding, I will check with my SE again. Though it does help to conserve the energy and fuel, but it is kind of annoying when it "wakes up". don't feel wake up but felt shake up... ;)

How many bro here have the same feeling? Or rather how many have theirs done so Automatic Start/Stop is off by default when Car turns ON...

My dirty black car

Nice black. It's a true black as rivals black. They have different black names for different car makes... To me, my understanding level is just "black"... ;)

What colour is your conti car though if its a dark color I would find it hard to believe (no offense ya) that it has no swirl marks. My dad's silver merc has swirl marks as well but only obvious when you look at the car under proper lighting. We have a LED light on the porch and I can see them but not so obvious under sunlight.

It is silver. ^_^

Nps, PML also offer their own in house PPS but also not cheap. You can find some good PPS deal at 400 ish but I cannot comment on their quality. I will say it definitely helps keep the car clean, if you want top grade pps with package check out Revol.

Start Stop memory is beneficial if you want or don't want it, all it does it keep the memory of the last position the SS was in (on or off), so if you keep it off most of the time it will remain off when u turn the car on. Otherwise it will keep restarted and very annoying.

My start stop is always off even in eco pro mode, its damn annoying when its turned on. :pissed-off:

Thanks buddy. Will check out the PPS. the only PPS or PPT I know is Powerpoint :) lol.

As for the MSA memory coding, I will check with my SE again. Though it does help to conserve the energy and fuel, but it is kind of annoying when it "wakes up". don't feel wake up but felt shake up... ;)

How many bro here have the same feeling? Or rather how many have theirs done so Automatic Start/Stop is off by default when Car turns ON...

Nice black. It's a true black as rivals black. They have different black names for different car makes... To me, my understanding level is just "black"... ;)

Hehe, silver keeps its secrets well. [lipsrsealed]

It is silver. ^_^

PPS is expensive.

The shine on the car (even when it is dirty) is priceless.

If kenna birdie pool (even when it dried), i just need to use wet tissue to get it out easily.

Davidtch. I searched the MCF and located someone started a thread call Revol grooming. It stated there $140 last 89 days.

I feel that base on this price, it is only about $560 a year if one really go every 3 months to do.

Because those normal car grooming places also charges about $640 to $760 for 4~6 times of waxing that is within a 12 to 18 months period.

Recently I went to my usual car grooming place, he recommended me to try out his another solution that he brought in, $780 for 3 services. He said though his vendor said can even do once a year but he recommend to do it atleast every 3 to 6 months. After 3 weeks alrdy, got birdie poo use wet tissue wipe a while the surface is still smooth also... ;)

But compare prices, the Revol ones seems cheaper... I guess i will want to bring the 116d go try out on the day when I collect my car... ;)