Peugeot 5008

Csc2015

Congrats!!! How did the car feel during your test drive?

Which engine variant?

Thanks bro. Got the 1.2l active. The performance of the 1.2l engine exceeded my expectations. Cabin insulation is also very good. This has got be my quickest decision made in terms of car purchase by far. Haha... Edited by Chanwk
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Agree. Now selling at $127K, very value for money comparing against other 7 seaters. Next shipment is 3 months later I heard. If u want to catch the $36K CAT A COE, u need to do it before this wed.

It’s such a delight each time we open the door to this car.

• Praise 1

No. I’ve already driven 150KM with the 5008..... so comfortable.

The 5008 changed my driving habits. Riding high on a comfortable quiet SUV, i like being in the car. People cut into my lane without queuing, I just let them cut, i don’t feel angry anymore, I take my time to drive so that I can enjoy the car.

I managed to reach 95km/h, it is very stable and still quiet. My kids keep asking me to drive faster with this car. I told them the car is quiet that’s why they think is slow. My previous car can hear engine and tyre noise quite loudly, so it felt as though I’m driving very fast.

The sporty leather steering wheel is really good to touch/grip/hold. It’s very sharp and light.

Now looking for good ceramic coating for the car.

• Praise 1

No. I’ve already driven 150KM with the 5008..... so comfortable.

The 5008 changed my driving habits. Riding high on a comfortable quiet SUV, i like being in the car. People cut into my lane without queuing, I just let them cut, i don’t feel angry anymore, I take my time to drive so that I can enjoy the car.

I managed to reach 95km/h, it is very stable and still quiet. My kids keep asking me to drive faster with this car. I told them the car is quiet that’s why they think is slow. My previous car can hear engine and tyre noise quite loudly, so it felt as though I’m driving very fast.

The sporty leather steering wheel is really good to touch/grip/hold. It’s very sharp and light.

Now looking for good ceramic coating for the car.

Yes I went to AYE during my test drive and I hit 100km/h without realising it. The sales agent had to ask me to slow down due to a speed camera.

• Praise 1

I pumped Shell 98, after driving 150KM, the petrol gauge dropped by only 1 bar..

The manufacturer figure is 1L = 19.2KM. My sales person said city driving is about 1L = 12KM. This is a huge difference from manufacturer figure, but I appreciate my sales person being honest. She off the engine start/stop feature (me too), and it’s city driving, that’s why may consume more petrol.

I’ll let you know my FC after I cover more distance. I haven’t play with the 2 computer screens to find out computer reading of my FC.

The computer reading is 7.7L/100KM. This work out to 1L=13KM. This is based on 237KM of distance travelled so far. There is a mix of city and expressway driving. And I always off the engine start/stop fuel saving feature.... I just feel something will spoil faster if engine keep starting and stopping.

• Praise 1

I am a current driver of the old 1.6 petrol 5008 of 2012.

Frankly, I must admit this ride has been really good and the car serves me well in ferrying me and families around.

Now, coming to the 7th year, the car has been starting to give me more problems and I am thinking of ditching her

sooner or later.

To summaries, I have covered 135K mileage on her. So far, there had been 4 tows from the roadsides.

Had spent roughly $18000 in total from all the her regular services, ad hoc repairs and parts replacement etc. (not including petrol). The car fuel pumps and high pressure pump had failed me twice. Ignition coils and fuel injectors once. Engine oil valves, pipes, coolent, alternator, radiator assemblies all replaced once. Replaced O2, ABS Sensors once etc. All these caused me countless visits to the workshops. :(

Heard this new 1.2 pure tech engine is really good. But I am not sure other internal parts are also built for better quality.

Always hearsay, conti cars are so "cui" because all the inside plastic cannot last in out hot climate, I wonder if Jap or Korean cars have lesser of these problems though.

But now, looking at this new French babe again, externally and internally. I am quite lost and fear I might fall in love with her again. Should I give her one more chance? Will there be more pleasure or $pain$?

It can't be worst than what I have already been through right ???

• Praise 3

Hi;

can we request for LED headlight even if we go for the 1.2 L version? is the car ablw to pull with 7 pax in it?

1.2L already comes with day running LED lights. But headlights is halogen.

Pull 7 no problem, of course no fast acceleration, just step more. Go test drive and ask a few of your fattest friends go along.

As usual, completed the AF 3 times services under 30K with them.

Then routine services at AMK Thomas, followed by these 2 years switched to Antz as

their workshop nearer to my place.

French cars are not scary. Its always so comfortable sitting in the driver and passenger seats.

And the driving experience is so good that you can't complain when it is operating normally.

Last week, I just dropped by Mazda show room to view the CX5 and M6.

Somehow, chance to have a look at M5 too, once I opened the driver seat, it was quite a shock for me to

see the bareness at the central console and the whole driving experience setup, really quite outdated.

But the practical sliding door is good.

French cars sounds scary.

Did you go to AutoFrance or outside workshop or ANTZ to repair?

Based on total mileage of 800KM, FC is around 7.9L/100KM to 8L/100KM on computer reading using Shell98. I tested different fuel with my previous 3 cars, Shell run the smoothest and return the best mileage.

Mon to Fri 90% city driving

Sat to Sun 90% expressway driving

I’m light footed, if zoom around, expect to consume more petrol.

To me, this is not bad considering this is a 7 seater SUV. Cheap road tax....$508 per year

Signed on the dotted line today [:)]

did u test drive both 1.2l & 1.6l variant? wat made u decide which variant?

↡ Advertisement