Peugeot 5008

Csc2015

Thank you peeps for your comments! hope to be part of 5008 and owner of a Peugeot soon.

if you can wait, think AF is changing the gearbox to EAT6 type, rather than the old ETG.

but if you can tahan the semi-auto gear, then go for it...5008 is better choice [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

if you can wait, think AF is changing the gearbox to EAT6 type, rather than the old ETG.

but if you can tahan the semi-auto gear, then go for it...5008 is better choice [thumbsup]

It's fitted with the new gearbox

Hi,

I am actually quite interested in the 5008 MPV and have been following the price trend.  But since March, Auto France no longer list this car in sgcarmart.  Are they still selling this model ?

Recently my friend from Penang drove a Petrol 5008 (Late 2013) and when reach Singapore, it broke down.  Engine overheat warning and electrical fault warning.  The car still can drive but overheat.

My inspection on the car, the radiator fan is not spinning.

It is  probably a design fault.  Most car have the Air-con radiator exposed directly to air interface, followed by engine radiator then the radiator fan.

But this petrol 5008, the fan is placed outside, so that, you can see it at the bumper grille.  One rainy day or dusty driving condition, the electrical fan is exposed to the elements.

Anyway, the Malaysian car is repaired at Auto France, they change Coolant, PCBA and standard diagnostic.  This is the second time the fan is replaced according to my friend.

If the diesel version is still available, I will try it out.  And if the fan is still arranged in this manner, I will probably not shortlist this car.

Anyway, I am going to hear what the SE have to say about it, if they still sell this model.

It is solely my opinion.  And I am definitely following with interest.

• Praise 1

Hi,

I am actually quite interested in the 5008 MPV and have been following the price trend. But since March, Auto France no longer list this car in sgcarmart. Are they still selling this model ?

Recently my friend from Penang drove a Petrol 5008 (Late 2013) and when reach Singapore, it broke down. Engine overheat warning and electrical fault warning. The car still can drive but overheat.

It is probably a design fault. Most car have the Air-con radiator exposed directly to air interface, followed by engine radiator then the radiator fan.

But this petrol 5008, the fan is placed outside, so that, you can see it at the bumper grille. One rainy day or dusty driving condition, the electrical fan is exposed to the elements.

Anyway, the Malaysian car is repaired at Auto France, they change Coolant, PCBA and standard diagnostic. This is the second time the fan is replaced according to my friend.

If the diesel version is still available, I will try it out. And if the fan is still arranged in this manner, I will probably not shortlist this car.

Anyway, I am going to hear what the SE have to say about it, if they still sell this model.

It is solely my opinion. And I am definitely following with interest.

For sure still selling. They just had roadshow at VivoCity over the weekend and my friend got one. It's the new blue tech turbo diesel variant.
  • Praise 1

Hi,

I am actually quite interested in the 5008 MPV and have been following the price trend.  But since March, Auto France no longer list this car in sgcarmart.  Are they still selling this model ?

Recently my friend from Penang drove a Petrol 5008 (Late 2013) and when reach Singapore, it broke down.  Engine overheat warning and electrical fault warning.  The car still can drive but overheat.

It is  probably a design fault.  Most car have the Air-con radiator exposed directly to air interface, followed by engine radiator then the radiator fan.

But this petrol 5008, the fan is placed outside, so that, you can see it at the bumper grille.  One rainy day or dusty driving condition, the electrical fan is exposed to the elements.

Anyway, the Malaysian car is repaired at Auto France, they change Coolant, PCBA and standard diagnostic.  This is the second time the fan is replaced according to my friend.

If the diesel version is still available, I will try it out.  And if the fan is still arranged in this manner, I will probably not shortlist this car.

It is solely my opinion.  And I am definitely following with interest.

hahaha ... this car just reviewed in last Sat's straits times

Thanks for the info.  Actually there is a car review on last Sat ST.

Anyone know why many EU diesel model are moving toward Adblue ?

The previous 5008 is eHDi, and they are going AdBlue ?

How much do it cost for the Adblue Solution per servicing ?

Is it very expensive ?

For sure still selling. They just had roadshow at VivoCity over the weekend and my friend got one. It's the new blue tech turbo diesel variant.

Is it very expensive ?

Is it very expensive ?

Is it very expensive ?

For EURO 6 compliance..

• Praise 1

But almost all or all new diesel car is already Euro6.  Kia Carens uses Particulate Filter method to achieve E6.

What have I missed out about AdBlue ?

For EURO 6 compliance..

But almost all or all new diesel car is already Euro6. Kia Carens uses Particulate Filter method to achieve E6.

What have I missed out about AdBlue ?

As you mentioned, to achieved Euro 6. Some manufacturer used Adblue, others using particular filter.

I know Merc are using Adblue...

As you mentioned, to achieved Euro 6. Some manufacturer used Adblue, others using particular filter.

Not so sure where i read b4..if adblue runs out...car wont start
  • Praise 1

OK.  Let me share with you what I know about AdBlue.

According to Adblue website, it is touted as a far more superior technology in reducing DE emission than any available on the market.

They show you all the magical charts.

And if you look closely at these chart, it is targeting mainly the trucking industry.  Info available said, Adblue is probably the most optimum solution than particulate filter in very high CC engine, for example, a 10000CC Truck.

Reason is that these type of engine produce so much particle - Black Soot.  Particulate Filter method will be an issue, all the filter did is trapped particles and burn it off.

The consumption rate for Adblue is about 2% for most typical driving condition. For passenger car, they have a tank big enough to last between your usual 10kkm servicing.

So, what is the problem ?

Trucking business clocked high mileage and so the consumption rate is also very high.  They enjoy massive discount buying Adblue.

While the usual passenger car consumer end up paying "out of these world" price

For example I saw on internet, a man claimed he paid 350EU for servicing his Adblue car, of which 220EU is for the cost of the Adblue topup.

So, companies with access to Cheap Adblue solution is making money big time.

A storm is brewing in EU, the way their consumer association put it ....... Is there Price Fixing, Racketeering etc. ?

Back in SG, question like :

a) Where can I buy Adblue ?

b) Do you need a license to import Adblue ?

c) How much do AD charge ?

What is Adblue ??  Adblue is actually UREA or Urine.

And NO, please DO NOT pee your URINE into your C4 or 5008, it will probably DIE after smelling your urine.

So, it is better off we understand this BEFORE buying an ADBLUE Car.

And NO, please DO NOT pee your URINE into your C4 or 5008, it will probably DIE after smelling your urine.

LOL I like your last statement,.

dun PEE in your ride...very true [:p]

7 months on.... and this morning , we were still talking about if we were to go all over to choose a car

again we will still buy PUG 5008. So far it has been a joy to drive this.

Enjoy the power, the steadiness, the lower fuel cost, the features, the space, the look, still smiling

all the way....

So far, what we don't like is the GPS, other than that all is good including the after sale service

for the time being....

• Praise 1

I sold my Pug 5008!

What a relief!

My Pug was towed to AutoFrance three times in the 3.5 years when I was driving her. First broke down was like 18 months after I got my Pug. It was due to the fuel pump sensor malfunction.

Second time was due to some electronic parts broke down.

My last straw was 2 months ago and 2 weeks after my second broke down, it was the fuel pump sensor again!!!

Got frustrated, looked around and got my Jap MPV.

And did I also tell you that I send it to Auto France workshop (not towed) several more times until I became a friend with my technical adviser. 

If there is something I can redo in the past, guess what will it be?

10 months on..... so far so good...not much issue.....still enjoying my PUG 5008.

FC is great and now even found a place to get cheaper diesel.Full tank about $40 for about 800km.

PUG support group is wonderful. Hope that I am still happy after 3.5 years at least!

• Praise 2

For those that thinks buying a jap will solve unforseen circumstances, maybe just maybe it is the solution.

But with the drive and comfort so different, I take my chance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1