BPL 15/16 - The New Season Part 1

Maxus-MIFA9

Been told that De Gea has been axed.

Better to change your fantasy league keeper if you have him

Ya... LVG wont be playing him tmr. If RM comes in with a decent bid, i believe they will be letting him go.

Valdes name not in the squad list which was just announced. Wonder who will b in goal, Romero or Johnstone? Interesting... Shaky defense + a raw keeper. Spurs upset odds just increase...

• Praise 1

Ya... LVG wont be playing him tmr. If RM comes in with a decent bid, i believe they will be letting him go.

Valdes name not in the squad list which was just announced. Wonder who will b in goal, Romero or Johnstone? Interesting... Shaky defense + a raw keeper. Spurs upset odds just increase...

LvG I find cocky but guess that's what makes him a reputable Manager? Threw out Valdes, told Lindergaard he can leave n now sideline DDG, committing suicide? Possibly but if it works in his favour, he'll be hailed as brilliant but very risky IMO for such an impt position. Heard it will be Johnstone against Spurs n Kane! Romero deemed not quite match fit I understand, we shall see...... Edited by Spring
  • Praise 4

Werner: Why did FSG keep faith with Rodgers after last season"

To me, it is just saying that BR will have no more excuses if he fails to achieve targets this season.

While I credit them for taking a long term view, but when top managers are available, not wielding the axe might be more costly. Unless of course Ancelotti and Klopp aren't interested or the one they want is not them.

Like I said before, I will back him now to prove me wrong. Nothing makes me happier than to see Liverpool doing well.

Edited by Osprey23
  • Praise 1

Four Liverpool PL debuts set to be handed to Benteke, Clyne, Milner and Gomez against Stoke. [Tony Barrett, Times]

Considerations for your fantasy league teams

LvG I find cocky but guess that's what makes him a reputable Manager? Threw out Valdes, told Lindergaard he can leave n now sideline DDG, committing suicide? Possibly but if it works in his favour, he'll be hailed as brilliant but very risky IMO for such an impt position. Heard it will be Johnstone against Spurs n Kane! Romero deemed not quite match fit I understand, we shall see......

Romero still fresh from Copa America and looked impressive in training.

He may well start.

Unpredictable BPL season.

Football "is not like math", 2 plus 2 not always equal to 4.

Man U departed superstars of last season have already proven the point.

• Praise 1

Romero still fresh from Copa America and looked impressive in training.

He may well start.

Unpredictable BPL season.

Football "is not like math", 2 plus 2 not always equal to 4.

Man U departed superstars of last season have already proven the point.

Well said. That's why the notion: "the ball is round" :D

I believe Romero will start as well. He is a shrewd signing by LvG.

Here we go:

Man Utd XI: Romero, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Young, Depay, Mata, Rooney

Spurs XI: Vorm, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Demeble, Chadli, Kane

Play poorly but gifted with 3 points. This is football. No way can Man United challenge Chelsea or Arsenal for the title.

Impressed with Darmian. Very solid debut

Play poorly but gifted with 3 points. This is football. No way can Man United challenge Chelsea or Arsenal for the title.

They can still challenge... on the luck portion ....

This is football, at the end of the game, as long as the ball is in the opp net, you win ....

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Very hard to say based on one poor game

Chelsea was poor in the last few weeks too

Arsenal was excellent. Maybe they will win the league this time

• Praise 2

EPL HT Score Update

Man United 1 – 0 Tottenham (FT)

Bournemouth AFC 0 – 0 Aston Villa

Everton 0 – 1 Watford (11’ - Miguel Layun)

Leicester 3 – 0 Sunderland (11’- Jamie Vardy, 18’, 25’ - R K Mahrez)

Norwich 0 – 1 Crystal Palace (39’- Wilfred Zaha)