Would you keep a contract with Rebate 57K or money back?

Jaskin

Hi All,

Need your opinion on something. I signed a sales agreement but there was a major feature missing. I spoke to my SA and we managed to iron things out. I was offered a chance to either top up for that option at dealer cost and indent the car (3-4 mths wait) or I could get my money back now. This is a guaranteed Coe with rebate is at 57K.

We currently have a really old car to drive that's still alright so getting around isn't a big issue. Would you guys take the current price + top up and hope for a lower Coe come Nov -Dec. The top end is capped and there maybe quite a bit of downside. Or just take back the deposit and wait...

I really like the car. But this experience has kinda soured my experience. I'm not angry but a bit upset with the way things have turned.

What are you views?

Cheers

J

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

What is the major feature? What car? Top up how much?

Maybe you give more details so we can judge. It sounds like really a big feature that change the driving experience.

Edited by Pocus

COE rebate at 57k means if it drops below 57k you get paid, isn't it? So if in the next 4 months COE goes up to 60k, you earn an extra 3k in paper value. If COE drops to 50k, you get 7k rebate from the dealer. It's a win-win either way.

yep, I tend to think the same.......basically the contracted rebate is quite in TS favour....I don't know how critical is the important feature he mentioned but I wouldn't mind not having that feature if I could potentially save a few k or have additional few k paper value due to the contract being in my favour.

COE rebate at 57k means if it drops below 57k you get paid, isn't it? So if in the next 4 months COE goes up to 60k, you earn an extra 3k in paper value. If COE drops to 50k, you get 7k rebate from the dealer. It's a win-win either way.

What is the major feature? What car? Top up how much?

Maybe you give more details so we can judge. It sounds like really a big feature that change the driving experience.

It's the drivetrain. About 3% of total cost. I can't reveal the car at the moment so sorry.

what feature, what car.... ? personally I would give it up and get back the cash.

If the major feature was omitted and misrepresented, I would wonder the quality of the agent words and future warranty.

I will not top up for this "missing feature" since that was the consideration when paying the cash.

• Praise 4

It's the drivetrain. About 3% of total cost. I can't reveal the car at the moment so sorry.

wait lor...

Drive train you face even single day and will affect your ownership experience

+ when comes to selling IF its a biggie will affect your resale value

+ If there is no face saving issue like you told everyone you getting a new car and has this and that and end up with a car that does not have this feature then abit shy leh

and as the saying goes...

After the sweetness of the price is forgotten, the bitter experince of the event lingers.

Supercharged

I will take back the money.. face value.. so many brands out there I don't have stay with him.. no big deal.. sometime buying a car also see if the SA see liao siong or not or steady or not.

Hi All,

Need your opinion on something. I signed a sales agreement but there was a major feature missing. I spoke to my SA and we managed to iron things out. I was offered a chance to either top up for that option at dealer cost and indent the car (3-4 mths wait) or I could get my money back now. This is a guaranteed Coe with rebate is at 57K.

We currently have a really old car to drive that's still alright so getting around isn't a big issue. Would you guys take the current price + top up and hope for a lower Coe come Nov -Dec. The top end is capped and there maybe quite a bit of downside. Or just take back the deposit and wait...

I really like the car. But this experience has kinda soured my experience. I'm not angry but a bit upset with the way things have turned.

What are you views?

Cheers

J

Drive train? Volkswagen? If the drive train is not reliable, I would rather take back my deposit. Save the headache.

The problematic Volkswagen drive train? I would take back my deposit.

and as the saying goes...

After the sweetness of the price is forgotten, the bitter experince of the event lingers.

Ah, I think it really boils down to this. In the future it only takes one small after sales event to feel lousy about the car.

Turbocharged

I will insist on the car with the feature at the price I already paid. Why must be either of the option given by the SA.

Ah, I think it really boils down to this. In the future it only takes one small after sales event to feel lousy about the car.

I guess the question is, was this feature supposed to be given originally, but removed here in SG? It wouldn't be fair to the dealer if the current specs is what they offer in SG, and you want something additional that isn't normally offered here. In fact, it's decent of them to offer the additional feature at dealer cost.

I would keep the contract if I really wanted this car. Sometimes once you got your eye set on something, it's hard to accept another.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5