ALL Escalator/Elevator/Excavator related accidents!

Little_prince

so you trying to say condo lifts are better?

Actually his question is "are big dogs allowed in HDB flats?"

it's not the leash's fault, it's the owner's stupidity. you don't ban knives just because some people use it to stab others (or themselves).

Agree, becos of the owners stupidity, a helpless dog life is gone. Confirm play hp.

Hate all these irresponsible pet owners! [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Actually his question is "are big dogs allowed in HDB flats?"

Agree, becos of the owners stupidity, a helpless dog life is gone. Confirm play hp.

Hate all these irresponsible pet owners! [thumbsdown]

i know. i do go to school. i can read english.

but in this case is not about the big dog staying in HDB or not. is about the careless owner and the poor dog.

if the dog is a small dog and will TVT ask such relevant questions?

big dogs not allowed in HDB is because in HDB/AVA context, HDB size is smaller than private property.

so can i say(according to TVT) a 60sqm studio apartment is more favourable to keep a big dog rather than a 100sqm HDB flat?

Let go of the leash.

Weight of dog vs no grip on leash could relieve the force around poor doggie's neck

Initially I would have thought this would be a good idea. However, the end which the owner is holding is unlikely something which will pass through the lift gap too.

See already really sim tia..

I am a dog owner myself and I treat my dog like a child watching front and back when I walk her. In the lift I will hold the short end of the leash so that she dun move round too much.

[bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

Freak accident. Guess, never in history of HDB flats has this happened before.

Poor dog. But can feel for the owner too. They love their dogs.

Poor thing [bigcry] [bigcry]

What can the owner do in such a situation?

Poor doggie. That's the only creature here I pity.

Anyway, most lifts that I've played with, if the door close, can still stop the lift. Push the door hard, try to jam it open. For HDB lifts, even if the lift is in between 1st and 2nd floor (or any other two floors), if you push hard against the door as if trying to open it with physical strength, the lift will stop for a while. If it's closer to the first floor and you notice, the lift will come back down to first floor and stop and open doors.

Relax ah.. everyone who read this news is upset abt the sad fate of the dog.. Personally i just wonder if its avoidable or if anything can be done to avoid such things in future from happening ever again. No need to argue.. or tell ppl its irrelevant la... chill~~

Anyways.. i won't replace my dog when he passes on.. would miss him too much to just buy up the gap in my life when it happens

Just wondering if its feasible to have a leash that avoids such a sad predicament from happening again

This kind of accident happened before.

Just like we know should not drink and drive. But there are always brainless pple around us.

For dog, a body harness is better and safer especially for big dogs.

The body harness keep the leash very short so the dog always walk side by side with the owner.

Lift door can close very fast, if don't press on the open button don't expect any sensor can sense that leash.

If someone is pressing on the open button at anytime we also got to ensure your hand is ready to press against the door if anything happen.

It's sound simple but when things happen we start to karankabok, and that stupid open button don't work once its close, no E-stop.

Supercharged

i know. i do go to school. i can read english.

but in this case is not about the big dog staying in HDB or not. is about the careless owner and the poor dog.

if the dog is a small dog and will TVT ask such relevant questions?

big dogs not allowed in HDB is because in HDB/AVA context, HDB size is smaller than private property.

so can i say(according to TVT) a 60sqm studio apartment is more favourable to keep a big dog rather than a 100sqm HDB flat?

Yes, you are right. If its a small dog I might not ask such a question. But I may ask another question about small dogs. Would you then say I am off the topic?

What is your point actually?

i'm guessing harnesses or retractables might help. harness will just lift the dog up, retractables will just break.

OR, just pay some attention to your furry friend when you are walking him/her/them. Not just to avoid incidences like this, but also to avoid trouble with other dogs/humans when the need arises.

But no use having a leash that breaks right?

if a dog owner loves his dog and the dog in turns are pretty tame and not a nuisance.

What business is it to others?? Rules are for people with low EQ to follow .....

Poor doggie. That's the only creature here I pity.

Anyway, most lifts that I've played with, if the door close, can still stop the lift. Push the door hard, try to jam it open. For HDB lifts, even if the lift is in between 1st and 2nd floor (or any other two floors), if you push hard against the door as if trying to open it with physical strength, the lift will stop for a while. If it's closer to the first floor and you notice, the lift will come back down to first floor and stop and open doors.

For men probably easier but it was a lady... haiz... poor thing

Probably she panic and either froze or worst still press the close button instead.....lol.

One thing for sure we know she didnt press the open button lor.

i hope she did not realised the grave mistake only after hearing the dog awfull cry.

And strangely she only mentioned things happen very fast.......nothing on why and how it happen.

Probably she panic and either froze or worst still press the close button instead.....lol.

One thing for sure we know she didnt press the open button lor.

i hope she did not realised the grave mistake only after hearing the dog awfull cry.

And strangely she only mentioned things happen very fast.......nothing on why and how it happen.

How fast can a HDB lift be???

She is not paying attention to the dog in the first place.

Probably due to some distraction. Very sad case.

• Praise 1

Don't think need that much strength lah, coz I've been playing it since I was a kid. First time I found out was when I was rushing for lift, and a stupid neighbour heard me, but closed the lift when I ran towards it. I crashed into the door (young time), and the lift jam, stop and came back to the first floor.

Why only blame the owner, why dun blame the lift?

It should not close if the 2 doors meet each other where there obstruction

In between but was not.

Blame the lift for what? Does a car kill people? Or does the driver kill people? Do guns kill people? Or does the shooter kill people?

She wasn't paying attention to her dog (for whatever reason, I'm not speculating), why blame the lift? There are safety features, but it's not meant to detect such slim things as leashes. If you observe the lift doors at HDB flats, there are two sensors that are built in for safety purposes (two that I ownself see, not manufacturer write or whatever).

One is a laser at about shin level, if the door closing, and you just wave your feet in between the doors, they will open. The other is in between the two doors (the lift cabin door and each level's door). It's a spring activated sensor, which means, when you push against it, or if it bumps into something along its path, it will reopen the door. It's what people press against when holding the door open for others (other than activating the light sensor too).

Can put in other sensors, but at the end of the day, if the owner still doesn't pay attention to her dog, don't blame the lift.

↡ Advertisement