• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
770 replies to this topic | 2,722 praises

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:37 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Nothing wrong with visiting the showrooms even with no intention to change car

Because one might b finally enticed to change when the right offer comes along

I know because I changed when I visited the showroom to pass time. My car had 1 year left and road tax and insurance already renewed

😂

indeed nothing wrong with visiting... but I am one of the kind who will usually stop keeping in touch with things once I buy... like handphone, computer parts (go SLS poison sia) or whatever... lest get itchy

flashbang, Icy2fire and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:14 AM

Iiiusion
  • Premium member
    Iiiusion
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

It's an example, see my wording. chill.

Anyway, I see many friends buying cars because of their family needs. It's really alot easier having own transport than our super reliable and spacious public transport.

Likewise previously I was contemplating of giving up driving as my old ride was expiring but I still gave in to buy a new ride because of family needs.i have a young family.

No car still can have baby la, public transport + taxis still doable,

We are all spoilt.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

Limwsv
  • Limwsv
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This is post #23 and still no one has posted any of the information suggested by TS.

If newbies do their homework by reading thread and posts from way back to 2013/2014, they will have a general sense of how these forums works and the personalities that dominate them.

Attempts to solicit hard data will be rebuffed, circumvented or even worse, tampered data will be presented.  Ask the guy who start a poll for how much the forumers here will pay for a car.

Back in 2013, the bulls and the bears have field days where they argue it out.  However, history has mostly gone against the bulls, and their credibility has seriously been dented.  Have they thought about the way they are managing the mass comm is self-damaging?

These posts will end up been dominate by small cliques of similar voices, and lose relevancy.

The bulls don't want people to think, just join the herd and stampede into the car showrooms.   [laugh]  (Terrible pun intended)

This means that data and thinking must be stopped.   [smash]

I don't bother to go to the showroom anymore so I cannot help.  Ask again in 2016.

Latio2005A and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Pioneer
  • Premium member
    Pioneer
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I have more faith in your analysis over predicting the COE price by seeing the number of people at the showroom.

One is based on data with stated assumptions. The other one is based on anecdotal evidence. 

It is only natural for us to want to stretch our money and I applaud your effort and time. Beyond saving money, you also acquire certain analytical reasoning and skills. 

The worst type is speculating based on emotional factors like election, ghost month, number of people at the showroom. Despite your data showing little or reverse effect, these people continue to turn a blind eye and spread illogical and unsupported factors.

You, I respect. The other group of people, I giggle.

This is post #23 and still no one has posted any of the information suggested by TS.

If newbies do their homework by reading thread and posts from way back to 2013/2014, they will have a general sense of how these forums works and the personalities that dominate them.

Attempts to solicit hard data will be rebuffed, circumvented or even worse, tampered data will be presented.  Ask the guy who start a poll for how much the forumers here will pay for a car.

Back in 2013, the bulls and the bears have field days where they argue it out.  However, history has mostly gone against the bulls, and their credibility has seriously been dented.  Have they thought about the way they are managing the mass comm is self-damaging?

These posts will end up been dominate by small cliques of similar voices, and lose relevancy.

The bulls don't want people to think, just join the herd and stampede into the car showrooms.   [laugh]  (Terrible pun intended)

This means that data and thinking must be stopped.   [smash]

I don't bother to go to the showroom anymore so I cannot help.  Ask again in 2016.

Blacksnow praised this

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:16 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Ah come on bro Lim, I did give anecdotal (even if not systematic) view on how busy the showrooms seemed the last week :TT_TT: 

I don't take photos of showrooms but I visited a few during the week. Each day have usually got someone sitting down and there are buyers... at least if the stocks of colors are disappearing

Even weekdays got potential customers and on Sat even some of the minor dealers were fairly populated (though obviously not as much as those big movers like Mazda)

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

Stanne
  • Premium member
    Stanne
    1st Gear
    Author Image

You are wasting a lot of people's time. I know your time is cheap but that doesn't mean other people's time is.

Do them a favour, avoid the showrooms for now. 2 years still some time, you test drive now and do comparison also no point, by then have more new car launches.

Dont like that leh. Ppl's favorite pasttime. How can you deprive them of leisure... lol

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:53 PM

F355
  • F355
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Predict COE by collecting showroom crowd data ?

Should be the other way round.

The price of COE will determine whether showrooms are crowded or not . Drop 5k only , all go CHIONG AH !

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

Latio2005A
  • Latio2005A
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Visit showrooms one may. But if you do not have any slightest intent of buying, just visit and look see, do not waste the sales person's time and test drive. More so when there is a crowd in the showroom. A bit 自动 will be good for the salespersons. 

Edited by Latio2005A, 16 August 2015 - 03:57 PM.

lausai88, Spring and 1 Anonymous member praised this
No Free Lunch
I am semi-retired. Smelling roses before it is too late.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

Limwsv
  • Limwsv
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Ah come on bro Lim, I did give anecdotal (even if not systematic) view on how busy the showrooms seemed the last week :TT_TT:

I don't take photos of showrooms but I visited a few during the week. Each day have usually got someone sitting down and there are buyers... at least if the stocks of colors are disappearing

Even weekdays got potential customers and on Sat even some of the minor dealers were fairly populated (though obviously not as much as those big movers like Mazda)

Hi Bro... for that I give thanks and praises...  But our total coverage is insufficient to give good solid data.  :a-m1212:

Me got fooled into thinking the rebound was going to start 2 auctions back base on some of the field reports on the conditions of showrooms.  Turn out the rebound got delayed till last auction.   :ouch-it-hurts:

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:29 PM

lausai88
  • Premium member
    lausai88
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

last 2 weeks, went to showrooms to check out the promotion.

couldn't get a good deal so didnt commit.

now is 7th or ghost month, a lot of people like me will not go to showroom.  so coe to go down?

my ex girl friend car is just over 5 years old, I can wait.

Latio2005A praised this

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Seventh month don't go showroom ? Lol. Children still go school anyway.

There is a Chinese proverb, if never do wrong things , midnight someone knock door you not afraid.

Edited by Ingenius, 16 August 2015 - 06:01 PM.

flashbang, Latio2005A and Tohto praised this
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:18 PM

Bacteria83
  • Premium member
    Bacteria83
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

When to lexus last thursday for servicing from 9am to 1pm. Whole Morning only one couple in their mid fourties there. Saw them signing document.

Im walking in and out of the show room every one to two hrs, info to the best of my knowledge.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Weekday every showroom is empty one.
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

Jaskin
  • Jaskin
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bro... for that I give thanks and praises...  But our total coverage is insufficient to give good solid data.  :a-m1212:

Me got fooled into thinking the rebound was going to start 2 auctions back base on some of the field reports on the conditions of showrooms.  Turn out the rebound got delayed till last auction.   :ouch-it-hurts:

hopefully, that rebound was a dead cat bounce. 

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:41 PM

tyco_kia
  • Premium member
    tyco_kia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Weekday every showroom is empty one.

not true leh. everyday at c&c merc will have people one and it's not those waiting for servicing but those looking at cars and talking to SEs  :wacko:

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:18 PM

lausai88
  • Premium member
    lausai88
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

not true leh. everyday at c&c merc will have people one and it's not those waiting for servicing but those looking at cars and talking to SEs  :wacko:

why you go to c&c everyday

Seventh month don't go showroom ? Lol. Children still go school anyway.

There is a Chinese proverb, if never do wrong things , midnight someone knock door you not afraid.

there is also another Chinese proverb

不怕一万,只怕万一

2BDriver praised this

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

tyco_kia
  • Premium member
    tyco_kia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

why you go to c&c everyday

there is also another Chinese proverb

不怕一万,只怕万一

last week i send my car in cos got issue so go there to check then go with some merc group friends see car during lunch also on various days.  [:p]

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:34 PM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

The best solution is to make friends with the GMs or Directors of Sales of all the large ADs like BM, TC, EK, C&C, PML, KM, VW etc then ask them how many orders they have taken so far then you will roughly know whether COE will rise or fall.  [:p]

wahah.. you wasted the chance leh... if got friend working in larege ADs as GM or director of sales, the best to ask them for big discount lar..  But I think this can only apply to luxury cars as bnb car not much profit margin, cannot get big discount.

Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:43 PM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When to lexus last thursday for servicing from 9am to 1pm. Whole Morning only one couple in their mid fourties there. Saw them signing document.

Im walking in and out of the show room every one to two hrs, info to the best of my knowledge.

Not much nice model from Lexus...

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:44 PM

tyco_kia
  • Premium member
    tyco_kia
    4th Gear
    Author Image

wahah.. you wasted the chance leh... if got friend working in larege ADs as GM or director of sales, the best to ask them for big discount lar..  But I think this can only apply to luxury cars as bnb car not much profit margin, cannot get big discount.

Unless it's close friend, I think that GM or Director will just throw you to an SE and tell him/her in front of you to give me the best deal. Then end up it's still similar to what others are given also which is still fair lah but meaningless to make friends liao.  :slow:

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: coe, ad showroom, theory, thread and 4 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users