Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

why you go to c&c everyday

there is also another Chinese proverb

不怕一万,只怕万一

last week i send my car in cos got issue so go there to check then go with some merc group friends see car during lunch also on various days. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

The best solution is to make friends with the GMs or Directors of Sales of all the large ADs like BM, TC, EK, C&C, PML, KM, VW etc then ask them how many orders they have taken so far then you will roughly know whether COE will rise or fall. [:p]

wahah.. you wasted the chance leh... if got friend working in larege ADs as GM or director of sales, the best to ask them for big discount lar.. But I think this can only apply to luxury cars as bnb car not much profit margin, cannot get big discount.

When to lexus last thursday for servicing from 9am to 1pm. Whole Morning only one couple in their mid fourties there. Saw them signing document.

Im walking in and out of the show room every one to two hrs, info to the best of my knowledge.

Not much nice model from Lexus...

wahah.. you wasted the chance leh... if got friend working in larege ADs as GM or director of sales, the best to ask them for big discount lar.. But I think this can only apply to luxury cars as bnb car not much profit margin, cannot get big discount.

Unless it's close friend, I think that GM or Director will just throw you to an SE and tell him/her in front of you to give me the best deal. Then end up it's still similar to what others are given also which is still fair lah but meaningless to make friends liao. :slow:

Visit showrooms one may. But if you do not have any slightest intent of buying, just visit and look see, do not waste the sales person's time and test drive. More so when there is a crowd in the showroom. A bit 自动 will be good for the salespersons.

Agreed, that's what I do as well if I'm nor serious or ready to commit.

I'll tell the SE that I'm just browsing and will revert to him if I've queries.

This way he doesn't waste his time and lose his chance to serve the more serious buyers. Win win for all I feel!!

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 8

thead to show the showroom crowd?

who so free go and take picture of the showroom?

btw, i was at KM and BM on the national day weekend. first time buying new cars so not sure what is considered crowded or not crowded.

there were available SE's around. there were SE's attending to customers too.

no queue at the cashier.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

thead to show the showroom crowd?

who so free go and take picture of the showroom?

btw, i was at KM and BM on the national day weekend. first time buying new cars so not sure what is considered crowded or not crowded.

there were available SE's around. there were SE's attending to customers too.

no queue at the cashier.

don't need someone to dedicated go there shoot like journalist... thread like this is so all MCF bros/sis can individually contribute to give a big picture so all may know.

It's like instead of having a full-time news reporter you instead have a team of part-timers...

Basically, if anybody has visit the showrooms, just share the situation if you are willing.

Donwan share because for whatever reason (don't like take photo, don't like telling people where you go, etc.), also OK. This is a world of free will still.

[gossip]

[grouphug]

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

one AD SE told me they have a standby shift system

the regular shift will be at the showroom while standby shift machiam reservist

when the crowd gets bigger, sales manager may activate standby shift SEs to report back for showroom duty

this is so that no customers would be left waiting for SEs to serve them

:D

• Praise 1

what i saw was that ppl rushed in to register b4 the CEVS revision starts in Jul.

coz once the CEVS revision started in Jul, the number of new registration hit rock bottom.

do i get a prize or u see something else? [:p]

1envww.jpg

note: the total n % r computed based on the top 13 brands only.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

I am waiting for coe to drop to like 10k then can afford to buy.. :( but dunno have to wait until when? Just curious if the coe ownself bid why it's still so high? I thought if ownself bid, and not dealers bid, then why will people bid so high?

You can keep waiting. Cos the next COE to reach 10k will be the CAT D, the motorcycles.

It's a sad fact that COE may never go back to 10k levels.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Visit showrooms one may. But if you do not have any slightest intent of buying, just visit and look see, do not waste the sales person's time and test drive. More so when there is a crowd in the showroom. A bit 自动 will be good for the salespersons.

I went to KM Honda to look at the HRV, the SE came to entertained us.

I say I only see see look look.

She ask want to testdrive? I told her but I'm not buying.

She say nevermind just test only no obligation. I say ok thks and when ahead.

Like that am I wasting SE's time?

• Praise 2

Maybe SE want to see your driving skills? [laugh]

Actually, instead of having your emotions going up and down with the COE, why cannot just buy a used car?

The price is kinda fixed and you can get it immediately. Depending on the model you want, it can be a lot cheaper to own. Let the 1st owner suffer the majority of the financial loss.

I have been driving used cars for almost 10 years, changing several cars in the process. Now then I look at new cars.

• Praise 3

This SE must be either damn free or desperate cos most SEs won't bother to offer you test drive unless you show some signs of committing to buy. You already made it clear you not buying and he still offered to give you a test drive is indeed unusual. Anyway, you are not wasting SE's time in this case cos he volunteered to let you test drive.

• Praise 5

This SE must be either damn free or desperate cos most SEs won't bother to offer you test drive unless you show some signs of committing to buy. You already made it clear you not buying and he still offered to give you a test drive is indeed unusual. Anyway, you are not wasting SE's time in this case cos he volunteered to let you test drive.

On the other hand, I find that this SE has good customer service. And that should be commended.

• Praise 5

Maybe SE want to see your driving skills? [laugh]

Actually, instead of having your emotions going up and down with the COE, why cannot just buy a used car?

The price is kinda fixed and you can get it immediately. Depending on the model you want, it can be a lot cheaper to own. Let the 1st owner suffer the majority of the financial loss.

I have been driving used cars for almost 10 years, changing several cars in the process. Now then I look at new cars.

Used cars are indeed value for money if purchased the right one.

Problem with most of us is that technically we are noob and high chance of purchasing a lemon is there so unless you have a mechanic or know someone proficient in checking used cars, it's abit of a risk if you ask me unlike buying new cars which has warranty etc though admittedly even new cars like the infamous VW gearbox issue previously gives us heart aches as well.

Having said that, Used cars depreciation is almost equal to new cars these days unlike before so if you can afford the down payment, I would choose a new car for sure.

• Praise 8

On the other hand, I find that this SE has good customer service. And that should be commended.

That's indeed true and who knows, a test drive might just sway the buyer to commit but point remains that most SEs will not be able to afford you the time to test drive esp on weekends and holidays when the showroom crowd is heavy. This kind of scenario likely only if you go to the showroom on weekdays where instead of swapping mosquitoes, a good SE should try their best to woo potential clients!!.

• Praise 7

No. You are only wasting petrol and contributing to global warming.

😛

If not the SE will just be playing games on her HP.

😁

Edited by Piyopico
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1