Thread to Show Crowd Situation at Car Show Room

Bkling

(edited)

No, I am talking about once you sign the dotted line. Lets say you pay $100k. Your true depre is immediately fixed. Let's say $9k (($100k-10k parf)/10 years). But COE theres 5 bids: 25k 26k 27k 28k 29k 30k.  Now if you got the $30k COE, your paper depre would be higher but so would your paper value. The 25k COE would instantly start off with $5k lower paper value, despite both paying $100k for the car.  Meanwhile your true depre is still the same... $9k per year, BUT the 2nd hand dealer will look at your COE and offer you less for the $25k COE car than for the $30k COE car.

COE low means the paper value depre less but dont forget it starts off lower too. You could get lowballed for the same car as another guy who bought but got his COE in a different round with higher COE.

ok..

So what you are saying is...

asssuming the purchase price is 100K

the delta is 5 K between 25 to 30 K

Your yearly depreciation is 2.5K per year vs 3K per year but the purchase price of 100K is constant. You getting a 5 K higher value or 500 dollars more per year in "value" vs if the COE was 25K?

If thats the case, are you of the impression that comes 3 years ownership, (some buyers have to change cars by than ) if you gotten the car at coe level at 25K, vs at another month it was 30K same year, your car value is worth more by 5K and thats what the dealer will offer you ?

While the buyer who lock in at 95 K for a 25K COE will be in a better shape or because he bought at a later month, he will be getting a perceived better value ?

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Really?

Outgoing model should sell at discount otherwise those that buys them will feel shortchanged if new model launched a few months after they bought the old one. Especially if they haven't even take delivery of their new old model car

By right outgoing model should sell at discount but by left seems like it doesn’t apply to toyota cars or even other brand of cars?!

(edited)

ok..

So what you are saying is...

asssuming the purchase price is 100K

the delta is 5 K between 25 to 30 K

Your yearly depreciation is 2.5K per year vs 3K per year but the purchase price of 100K is constant. You getting a 5 K higher value or 500 dollars more per year in "value" vs if the COE was 25K?

If thats the case, are you of the impression that comes 3 years ownership, (some buyers have to change cars by than ) if you gotten the car at coe level at 25K, vs at another month it was 30K same year, your car value is worth more by 5K and thats what the dealer will offer you ?

Not by 5k but by the different depre rate of paper value, meaning roughly $3.5k

Taking my numbers earlier of $20k omv, at 3rd year PARF would be $15k, and your COE worth either $21k (for the $30k COE) or $17.5k (for the $25k COE). So paper/dereg value is either $36k or $32.5k. You will obviously have easier time negotiating better price for the higher COE car.

Saw your edit: No, I am talking about what price of COE is obtained after locking in your price. Because it goes several rounds you have to wait, but once you lock in you want COE as high as possible. $100k car with either $25k or $30k COE. Not a $100k car vs $95k car with $30k vs $25k COE.

Please note my original post: "once u lock in"

Edited by yishunite

Many PIs' profit margins are much lower than ADs'. If one is on budget, getting from PIs still make a lot of financial sense.

Many PIs' profit margins are much lower than ADs'. If one is on budget, getting from PIs still make a lot of financial sense.

True, that's why Vezels and before Vezels, Wishes were selling like hotcakes.  Really cater to a large group of buyers.

There's always a higher risk of buying from PI of them running road.

Those who are more solid reputation also price higher. 

Hunt for bargains at your own risk.

(edited)

Buying from PIs has its risk and draw back. For example, higher possibility of a PI closing shop suddenly, difficulties in getting refund when needed, unpredictability in process, payment and charges, warranty and recall.

One should buy from PI only when a model or specification that AD does not bring in, or the same model has to be better and cheaper. For example a made in Japan hybrid Camry from PI vs a Thai Camry from BM , or a Vezel which is about 10k cheaper than AD's HRV. Otherwise it does not make sense buying from PI. I am not discouraging buying from PI, they have their own value proposition, one just needs to be careful. They also put pressure on AD to bring in better model. For example BM has to bring in 2L turbo, though not after PIs have sold enough NA Harrier.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

It's not important cos you are not the one paying 91000 dollars.

For most people, they are willing to pay $91000 regardless if it is an old model or not?! Lol.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

today's  Borneo Motors advert.....

wonder why so confident to offer dollar for dollar coe rebate at $26,999 for Altis, CHR and Sienta.

u6zARI4.jpg

This is crystal clear indication that Cat A COE will be in the $27K range for the next bid. 

As one of the market  leaders, Borneo Motors will maintain the bids at $27K and above.

Went my PI yday to select leather seats and accessories yday around 530pm. Not sure if they alr closed or what (operating hours until 6pm daily). But bo lang at all.

• Praise 1

Went my PI yday to select leather seats and accessories yday around 530pm. Not sure if they alr closed or what (operating hours until 6pm daily). But bo lang at all.

Did you call them today ?

Select leather seat and accessories, means you have not make any payment right ? 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

All showrooms were like a ghost town over the weekend despite the drop in COE prices.

COE is expected to drop further in the 1st bid in July.

Some distributors placed bids only for the guaranteed COE schemes at the last bid. They expect COE prices to drop further and intend to cash in on the non guaranteed COE orders.

• Praise 4

(edited)

Select leather seat and accessories, means you have not make any payment right ?

Not yet made any payment. Why ah? I got my coe last week at the second bid. So went down to select my leather seats, accessories etc, prep for car collection soon.

@Ct3833 call them today for? What i mean was there was no other people there buying car except me even just before their closing hours. Lol

Edited by Kayster
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Not yet made any payment. Why ah? I got my coe last week at the second bid. So went down to select my leather seats, accessories etc, prep for car collection soon.

@Ct3833 call them today for? What i mean was there was no other people there buying car except me even just before their closing hours. Lol

Haha my England no good lah I thought you were referring to the shop was closed during operating hours. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

For most people, they are willing to pay $91000 regardless if it is an old model or not?! Lol.

Maybe they cdont even know there is new models coming

Or

They believe there won't be any significant diff between the new n old. So they have hack care

Supercharged

All showrooms were like a ghost town over the weekend despite the drop in COE prices.

COE is expected to drop further in the 1st bid in July.

Some distributors placed bids only for the guaranteed COE schemes at the last bid. They expect COE prices to drop further and intend to cash in on the non guaranteed COE orders.

Hehe.

Mazda showroom very packed on sat.

2 to 4pm..

Many seems to sign on that day.

Its true. But then 3 mazda were to be given open cat this week and will not participate in the bidding though.

Hyundai was also very packed frm 1pm to 2pm on sat.

However its quieter on sunday 1pm plus in volkswagen. Quite busy frm 1.30 to 3pm in hyundai komocco too.

Though their bak chor mee is delicious.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1