What is the COE amount which you all are willing to pay?

Girlgirlzz

Just curious, what is the COE amount which you all are willing to pay? For those who have a car already, how much COE have you paid? For me it's $10k maximum. And I have been waiting for many years for the COE to drop but to no avail. I waited and waited, until hairs become white already, but the COE still remains very high, I cannot afford it.

When do you guys think COE will drop to 10k? Can you guys afford to get a car now? At this time and date? Sad case for me though.

Edited by Girlgirlzz
↡ Advertisement

Just curious, what is the COE amount which you all are willing to pay? For those who have a car already, how much COE have you paid? For me it's $10k maximum. And I have been waiting for many years for the COE to drop but to no avail. I waited and waited, until hairs become white already, but the COE still remains very high, I cannot afford it.

When do you guys think COE will drop to 10k? Can you guys afford to get a car now? At this time and date? Sad case for me though.

U can continue to wait...

• Praise 2

Continue to wait.

Yes, can afford as I had been saving for it.

Turbocharged

I am willing to pay 100k . But I waited and waited the highest it reached was only 95k . And now drop back to around 55k.

Still waiting . Sianz.

• Praise 13

The 10k COE might be a passe due to the past growth policy which might not be repeated.

At that time I believe the number of COE quota in each bidding is more than the number of scrap in the preceding months.

This coupled with the loan relaxation whereby $0 down payment and 10 yr loan were given out freely might be the cause of downward pressure.

I don't see any of these repeating in the coming years.

• Praise 1

Agreed. Those are the era whereby our leader declare to make many of our ppls's dream to own a car come truth. They cant keep continue as due to our country population size is not the same as during that era. Besides, do you think there is possibility that we can go back to 100% car loan with zero down payment "officially" again?

The 10k COE might be a passe due to the past growth policy which might not be repeated.

At that time I believe the number of COE quota in each bidding is more than the number of scrap in the preceding months.

This coupled with the loan relaxation whereby $0 down payment and 10 yr loan were given out freely might be the cause of downward pressure.

I don't see any of these repeating in the coming years.

Turbocharged

$1.

...well, actually, I think less than $40k is already miraculous, so I guess take that as my "willing" point.

so long that need/convenience of having a car outweighs not owning a car while keeping to financial prudence;

any amount is fine.

For me I think max 50-60K is about there..my last COE was $12K

Not impossible, but gotta wait a while.... need a slowdown some where to trigger the slide...

last year? COE was hitting 100K and no one could forsee it dropped 50% in a short period.. so never say never....

• Praise 1

The dynamics during the era of $10K COE and the era of high COE (>$50k) now is totally different.

With population growth of the past 5~8years(attracting high net worth people to settle here) but zero growth in car population now, it is highly unlikely that we will see $10k COE again.

The demographics have change quite dramatically.

If motorcycle COE fall back to $100 ~ $500 range, that is the time we will see $10K COE again.

If you think that is possible, than $10k COE is possible.

• Praise 2

so long that need/convenience of having a car outweighs not owning a car while keeping to financial prudence;

any amount is fine.

For me, my comfort level would be ard 30K and the last coe is $17k but the AD give me open cat at $20k.

any amount is fine.

When was that?

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you need COE to be 10K then can you really afford to keep a car? (In Singapore.)

I used to be naive like u all expecting the coe will drop.

When u all put up a discussion on how much u wiling to pay the coe showing that it is completely wrong concept.

You should put the title how much the car price you are willing to pay.

Because a dealer can sell you the car at $100k bidding $60k coe for you, or selling $120k bidding 60k coe for you.

So the coe is not important, most important is how much u r comfortable to sign the car price.

I dare to say the coe level will never return back below $40k, reason is because the vehicle growth is 0.25% now until jan 2018 compare to prior 2009 3% vehicle growth.

You are talking about 11 times slower growth than used to be and the population increased more than you expected this few years.

Please take note that the population grow mainly is not birth but migrant, rich migrant to be more specifc

Second thing, if coe head south, old owner will renew their coe and then will cut off the quota as well.

Now everyone is hunger for getting new car and because of the 40% 50% downpayment rules intact if it is not the coe already remain higher than 60-70k above all the time.

Population in 2005 was 4.3million as compared to 5.5 million now..

Dun forget that our spending power is also alot more compared to 10 years ago.

Dun believe just look at the price of real estate flats or even new hdb flats then and now.

Edited by Ivan_06

Turbocharged

I only want to spend $100k max on a car... but due to the way the market is, $150k is the "ideal point" imo to get the best of your money. So this is my "willing point", I guess.

...still crazy expensive!!!!!!

↡ Advertisement