What is the COE amount which you all are willing to pay?

Girlgirlzz

(edited)

I used to be naive like u all expecting the coe will drop.

When u all put up a discussion on how much u wiling to pay the coe showing that it is completely wrong concept.

You should put the title how much the car price you are willing to pay.

Because a dealer can sell you the car at $100k bidding $60k coe for you, or selling $120k bidding 60k coe for you.

So the coe is not important, most important is how much u r comfortable to sign the car price.

I dare to say the coe level will never return back below $40k, reason is because the vehicle growth is 0.25% now until jan 2018 compare to prior 2009 3% vehicle growth.

You are talking about 11 times slower growth than used to be and the population increased more than you expected this few years.

Please take note that the population grow mainly is not birth but migrant, rich migrant to be more specifc

Second thing, if coe head south, old owner will renew their coe and then will cut off the quota as well.

Now everyone is hunger for getting new car and because of the 40% 50% downpayment rules intact if it is not the coe already remain higher than 60-70k above all the time.

I agree with you, how much I am willing to pay for the whole car, including coe will be around 50-60k (10k coe and 40-50k for a normal/standard car). A good normal car, for example honda city, volkswagen polo, mazda 3 etc, the price is now above 100k because the coe remains high. If only coe plus car around 50-60k, which is the coe drops by another 40k, how good will it be?

Yupp, vehicle growth rate now is 0.25% only, last time was 0.5% and above, so for coe to fall back to 10k will be kinda difficult, but wonder if is that possible?? Will it happen soon like end of 2015, or 2016? Because I waited so long already, I wonder how long more I have to wait, or how long more can I wait... Haix... :(

Edited by Girlgirlzz
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you need COE to be 10K then can you really afford to keep a car? (In Singapore.)

Hey there! [laugh][laugh] Yupp, I am looking at 10k for coe, and another 40-50k for the car itself.. So 50k-60k in total. I see that you mentioned "keep a car", and not just "buy a car", buying a car is one thing, keeping it, owning it and maintaining it is another thing. Good point made there! :a-good::a-good::a-good: Therefore I was hoping the coe drops further, so that I can safely say I can afford a car. Coe remains so high, don't say keeping a car, even buying a car is difficult for me....

What to do? I guess I have to continue to wait. [bigcry]

Edited by Girlgirlzz

Hey there! [laugh][laugh] Yupp, I am looking at 10k for coe, and another 40-50k for the car itself.. So 50k-60k in total. I see that you mentioned "keep a car", and not just "buy a car", buying a car is one thing, keeping it, owning it and maintaining it is another thing. Good point made there! :a-good: Therefore I was hoping the coe drops further, so that I can safely say I can afford a car. Coe remains so high, don't say keeping a car, even buying a car is difficult for me....

What to do? I guess I have to continue to wait.

Well, since you took the first point so well, rather than think of it as waiting, think of it as arranging your life such that you don't actually need a car. I don't need a Ferrari. [laugh]

In 1995, came out to work, bought my 1st car. Fast forward 20yrs now. My wife and I had owned around 15 cars altogether.

My old time neighbor, wanted to buy low, cheap and finally take the plunge in 2009 after $2 COE for a Avante, had waited a good 14yrs to secure his 1st car. Happy waiting for $10K COE.

Right now, I'm hoping CAT B COE will hit $40k in late 2017 so that I can renew 10years PQP for my <8yrs old C class.

Edited by Amazon777

I agree with you, how much I am willing to pay for the whole car, including coe will be around 50-60k (10k coe and 40-50k for a normal/standard car). A good normal car, for example honda city, volkswagen polo, mazda 3 etc, the price is now above 100k because the coe remains high. If only coe plus car around 50-60k, which is the coe drops by another 40k, how good will it be?

Yupp, vehicle growth rate now is 0.25% only, last time was 0.5% and above, so for coe to fall back to 10k will be kinda difficult, but wonder if is that possible?? Will it happen soon like end of 2015, or 2016? Because I waited so long already, I wonder how long more I have to wait, or how long more can I wait... Haix... :(

if that is your willing amount, meaning anything above 70K is no go, then you can forget about owning a car.. very very unlikely it will drop to that level.. because by the time it drops to 30-40K level (and b&b car sure selling above 70K with 30K coe), most people chiong in already to sustain the coe level... your 50-60K amount is unrealistic in today's market.. you need 80K budget to start with a hope.... [:p]

• Praise 1

In 1995, came out to work, bought my 1st car. Fast forward 20yrs now. My wife and I had owned around 15 cars altogether.

My old time neighbor, wanted to buy low, cheap and finally take the plunge in 2009 after $2 COE for a Avante, had waited a good 14yrs to secure his 1st car. Happy waiting for $10K COE.

Right now, I'm hoping CAT B COE will hit $40k in late 2017 so that I renew 10years PQP for my <8yrs old C class

14 years wait for a $10k COE [drivingcar] . Nothing wrong if personal choice.

But how many 14 year cycle does a working adult have?

• Praise 1

Personally I think you will be waiting forever. Wages have gone up over the years and although price of the car is increasing, the jump is smaller if you look at the purchasing power.

A B&B car for 100k is the new 50k.

Aiyoyo

So many clones (car dealers) in this thread trying to convince people that COE will never drop and there is no need to wait, just buy.

But i agree, whats there to wait?

If need, just buy.

No money? Then forget it lah. WTF.

Simple law of the Jungle.

Right now, I'm hoping CAT B COE will hit $40k in late 2017 so that I can renew 10years PQP for my <8yrs old C class.

Just for fun...

1) your wife and you in 20 yrs owned 15 cars

2) current C class is 7+ yrs old

now you waiting for coe to drop to get new car.

if item 2 is bought brand new, left 13 yrs owned 14 cars - don't jell :a-SOS:

or 20yrs bought pre-owned :a-SOS:

Just for fun...

1) your wife and you in 20 yrs owned 15 cars

2) current C class is 7+ yrs old

now you waiting for coe to drop to get new car.

if item 2 is bought brand new, left 13 yrs owned 14 cars - don't jell :a-SOS:

or 20yrs bought pre-owned :a-SOS:

Possible.

As of 2012, I in 12 yrs owned 9 cars of which 6 are coupes including current one.

All secondhand, only one brand new.

Poor chaps like me can only buy secondhand fullcash no loan.

I simply cannot afford to buy new on hire purchase.

*sob sob*