• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
49 replies to this topic | 26 praises

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

cmcex
  • cmcex
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

my relative's car is kind of dead. think engine or gear box blew so not drivable.  Car left 6 mmonths and feel like scrapping it.

How to tow to scrap yard?

PMed You

Edited by cmcex, 30 May 2017 - 12:46 PM.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:13 PM

Ijuzjoin
  • Ijuzjoin
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi my car is left with 3mths.

May i know if i scrap my car now, do i need to pay for all the loan first b4 i do it or i can scrap already then settle the remaining loan?

Anyone can recomend where to scrap?

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

currypuff
  • Premium member
    currypuff
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Can u go kfc, order the meals, eat first then tell them u pay them end of the month? Hope you r not that same guy who asked sunny or march better

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:54 PM

Ijuzjoin
  • Ijuzjoin
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

@currypuff im quite noob in this kinda thing and my car is giving me headache now so i come here to ask for friendly advice. Not expecting u to tell me go eat kfc.

Cheers

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:34 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi my car is left with 3mths.

May i know if i scrap my car now, do i need to pay for all the loan first b4 i do it or i can scrap already then settle the remaining loan?

Anyone can recomend where to scrap?

In the LTA deregistration form D01, it states that you must settle your outstanding loan with your financial institution before you detegister your vehicle.

Edited by Ct3833, 18 September 2017 - 01:35 AM.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:07 AM

Ijuzjoin
  • Ijuzjoin
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

@Ct3833 thank you bro. Understand.

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

ALS79
  • Premium member
    ALS79
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi all, my Honda Jazz 1.4 is left with about 9 mths (till May 2018).

Appreciate for advise if i should get another used car, a new car or drive till i scrap the car? Current condition of the car is still acceptable (mileage about 250000km)

I noted from previous post that i have to settle my car loan before de-registering it. 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:58 AM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Appreciate for advise if i should get another used car, a new car or drive till i scrap the car? Current condition of the car is still acceptable (mileage about 250000km)

I noted from previous post that i have to settle my car loan before de-registering it. 

Maybe just share a blanket opinion for cars with COE expiring, i.e. be it 3, 6, 12 or even 24 months. You need to ask yourself the following questions:

1. Loan - do you have loan outstanding that you can pay up?
  2. Driveability - is the car you currently own still driveable and are you able to live with it?
  3. Are you in a hurry to change your car - is there a car that you want to get with a time limited offer?

So here's the breakdown:

1. If you have a loan outstanding but can pay it off or have already paid it off, and want to get a new car - go for it. The remaining months on the COE will also yield you a bit more cash - but bear in mind that you will receive the LTA payment for the deregistration WEEKS after you deregister it.
  2. If your current car is no longer driveable or you are not able to live with it, and you are able to clear the outstanding loan - go for it. However, make sure you are able to sell or deregister the car first and not have to bank on the deregistration payment to get the car immediately.

Hope that helps.

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

MotoristMel
  • MotoristMel
    1st Gear
    Author Image

It depends on how much your loan, car price and minimum PARF are. Currently, your mileage is a bit higher than average tho as an average Singaporean car makes 20,000 km of mileage a year which means by the 10th year it is 200,000km. Typically, the body value will be affected by the mileage.

You can call me Mel..

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What job need you to drive your car?

uber

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: mitsubishi, mitsubishiscrap and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users