2015 2nd Generation Audi Q7

ins1dious

Weird that I never saw this before... a new gen Audi Q7 for 2015.

Audi has unveiled the new second-generation Q7, bringing a dose of modesty to its hulking full-fat SUV.

The 2015 Audi Q7 has less of everything: less visual heft, with a dose of large estate styling according to some at CAR, less weight and lower emissions.

There are numerous tech firsts for Audi, such as its first Quattro diesel plug-in hybrid - and what you see here will heavily influence the forthcoming Bentley SUV, next VW Touareg and - presumably - the Lambo crossover too. You’ll see the new Q7 first, though; it lands in UK dealerships in summer 2015.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/Audi-Q7-2015-unveiled-smaller-lighter-and-more-estate-like/

They say svelte... but that front grill [shocked]

post-46412-0-61824500-1419993736_thumb.jpg

post-46412-0-62835500-1419993789_thumb.jpg

post-46412-0-24961800-1419993799_thumb.jpg

post-46412-0-13159400-1419993809_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

It doesn't matter lah. How many ppl will bring a $300K SUV to off road? The moment when any wheel go up kerb only start feeling heartpain liao, let alone off road.

departure and approach angle so small, suspension so low, how to drive off road?

a SUV, a wagon?

• Praise 1

departure and approach angle so small, suspension so low, how to drive off road?

a SUV, a wagon?

You dunno meh? Now if cannot find parking lot such cars can get over the curb with ease and park on the grass patch or maybe park HDB void deck when it's raining. Who says these cars dun do off-road? You got no imagination.

• Praise 1

The Front Grille ... is Fugly ...

The Old Model Nicer ... More Muscular ...

This looks more like a Cross Over to a SUV ...

Not Nice ... 我不喜欢 ... 😂

你什么都不喜欢 [laugh] [laugh]

Not Nice ... 我不喜欢 ... 😂

Only one vast improvement

The interior

Exterior prefer the facelifted current Q7

“人说 情人 汽车 总是老的 (Model) 好 。。。 ” 😂

真的吗? 情人我喜欢年青的 [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Only one vast improvement

The interior

Exterior prefer the facelifted current Q7

Ok lar ... That one I give it to them ...

The Fighter Jet Gear Knob reminds me of the old 3 Series ... 😂

真的吗? 情人我喜欢年青的 [laugh] [laugh]

我不要做 Cradle Snatcher ... 😂

• Praise 1

a SUV, a wagon?

Yea... these cars are useless off-road.... but thats the same with my current gen as well.

It's a more lifestyle/space thing rather than a true off-roader. These are nothing like a LR or Toyota LC or the Nissan Patrol or the Jeeps.

Given a choice, I would rather drive a wagon than a SUV.... but life is full of compromises...

It doesn't matter lah. How many ppl will bring a $300K SUV to off road? The moment when any wheel go up kerb only start feeling heartpain liao, let alone off road.

haha very true. Mine comes with 20" alloys. Or some of the Cayenne's come with PCCB... good luck taking that with ceramic brakes off-road [bounce1]

Not Nice ... 我不喜欢 ... 😂

yes... agreed. That grill is fugly... the old one much better.... and I like mine more cos its the piano black grill from the black optic pack

First drive of the 2016 Audi Q7... I still hate that monstrous grill but the rest of the car is shaping up good.

Getting the new Q7 right is a bigger deal than usual. That's because this model is "the mother car" for the VW Group's new MLB Evo platform. That means its mechanical and electronic bones will underpin a squadron of vehicles, including the next-generation Audi A4/A5 (watch for the A4 this fall at Frankfurt) and A8 and the VW Touareg, Porsche Cayenne, and Bentley Bentayga SUVs. This mission is so critical that Audi's technical development boss Ulrich Hackenberg and his senior management team have schlepped down to the world's oldest desert — the Namib in southwestern Africa — to verify that everything's tickety-boo. (That's Oshiwambo for "good enough for J.D. Power.")

This final drive includes a 200-plus-mile trek over rough gravel roads threading through a landscape that could largely pass for Arizona's Sonoran Desert, minus the cacti and plus several more exotic species, including oryx, springbok, ostriches, jackals, and at least one frightening 6-foot-long black spitting cobra. Toward the end of this drive, I strap in with Hackenberg, who is generally pleased with the results. "We made a previous drive four weeks ago, and we found some things we had to improve," he says. "Now it is done and the car has much better performance than it had before. There were some squeaks and rattles and some vibration from the powertrain — that's all fixed now, so I'm quite happy."

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/1504_2016_audi_q7_first_drive/#ixzz3WaMuqj6u

• Praise 1

The new Q7 priced at ~360k for all that option compares well with the XC90 high spec model

Q7's front grill is still a dog's breakfast though... personally, if it's only about looks, I'd pick the XC90.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4