Kenwood DDX7015BT

Vinljp

Hi bros,

Anyone got any experience with Kenwood DDX7015BT?

Heard so many problems with App Radio and Car Play.

I am wondering how Kenwood Air Mirroring fair as compared with App Radio and Car Play when using it with Android Phone?

Heard that Air Mirror is true mirroring and you can operate your HU just like you operate your handphone?

main_vis.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros,

Anyone got any experience with Kenwood DDX7015BT?

Heard so many problems with App Radio and Car Play.

I am wondering how Kenwood Air Mirroring fair as compared with App Radio and Car Play when using it with Android Phone?

Heard that Air Mirror is true mirroring and you can operate your HU just like you operate your handphone?

main_vis.jpg

Do you need the hdmi dongle or just wifi will do?

The app is only for android so far. They have not launch for IOS yet.

Air mirroring should be just portraying what your phone is showing on its screen. Control and execution is still with the phone. However you need either a wireless dongle or MHL cable with connector to do that.

Air mirroring should be just portraying what your phone is showing on its screen. Control and execution is still with the phone. However you need either a wireless dongle or MHL cable with connector to do that.

This Youtube shows the True Air Mirroring where you can control and use all the Apps in your handphone on the screen.

This function is rare, not even Pioneer AVH-X8750

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I'm from Indonesia. I use Kenwood DDX7015BT. I also made video of Kenwood Air Mirroring

But I didn't use it anymore since I got android GPS module

Hi, I'm from Indonesia. I use Kenwood DDX7015BT. I also made video of Kenwood Air Mirroring

But I didn't use it anymore since I got android GPS module

Thank you very much for reaffirming that Kenwood has a True Air Mirroring which you can have the entire phone mirrored and yet also got full control of it !!!

Most Singaporean install Pioneer.  I think almost the entire singapore car population  [laugh]

I think I will try to be different and install Kenwood instead.

By the way, is the radio reception good?

Neutral Newbie

Thank you very much for reaffirming that Kenwood has a True Air Mirroring which you can have the entire phone mirrored and yet also got full control of it !!!

Most Singaporean install Pioneer.  I think almost the entire singapore car population  [laugh]

Today, they call it as Air Mirroring because they get rid of the messy cables off from the phone.

Kenwood is superior against Pioneer if you want android smartphone worked with head unit. Pioneer's MirrorLink is not mirror actually, more like shortcut to certain apps and very limited apps (They call it as AppRadio). Sony's MirrorLink is better and much more like Kenwood, except Sony uses USB instead of HDMI and still depends on cable. Not to mention that Sony's MirrorLink only works with certain android smartphones.

You can always join me in this forum if you feel kind of lonely here  [:p] . Almost all of internet users in Indonesia master written English.

I don't see any complaints about the radio reception. Kenwood offers more than Pioneer for mirroring and support wide range of car for OEM Steering remote. Pioneer's OEM Steeering remote only works with certain manufacturers and you still need module for others. 

Edited by motolola

Hi Motolola,

Would like to check with you whether does your HP screen remain on during screen mirroring?...or you can shut the screen off?

Neutral Newbie

Hi I'm keen in kenwood too because of the 100% true mirroring. I know it works with iPhone and andriod.

But my question is does it work with ipad mini 4?

I don't use iphone/iPad so I can't give you an answer. My suggestion is don't use smartphone for mirroring. Use android TV stik/box with true mirroring. It's simple and only require setting once. After that you don't have to set again because android TV will memorize your setting. This is my new video about Android TV-True mirroring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgGzTHrPOqc

May i also know what is the main differences between kenwood model 715 vs 7015

It's the size of the head unit. It's 200mm (usually for Toyota) for DDX715WBT and standard aftermarket size for DDX7015BT

main_vis.jpg

Most Singaporean install Pioneer. I think almost the entire singapore car population [laugh]

Did you eventually got the DDX7015? Did you get the dongle for wireless mirror? ... curious to know if the mirroring works and ease to connect to android or ios etc ...

Thinking of installing soon.

Edited by weikiREE

I don't use iphone/iPad so I can't give you an answer. My suggestion is don't use smartphone for mirroring. Use android TV stik/box with true mirroring. It's simple and only require setting once. After that you don't have to set again because android TV will memorize your setting. This is my new video about Android TV-True mirroring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgGzTHrPOqc

It's the size of the head unit. It's 200mm (usually for Toyota) for DDX715WBT and standard aftermarket size for DDX7015BT

main_vis.jpg

Sorry i do not understand this - "dont use smartphone for mirroring" ...

I want to mirror from my android and iphone ... getting the KCA-WL100 dongle is sufficient right?

I have checked and my android supports HML.

Sorry i do not understand this - "dont use smartphone for mirroring" ...

I want to mirror from my android and iphone ... getting the KCA-WL100 dongle is sufficient right?

I have checked and my android supports HML.

Yes, KCA-WL100 is all you need for air mirroring. But mirroring with smartphone is not as easy as it looks like for certain people.

a. You have to be a gadget freak to easily figure out how to connect your android phone. Android phones are vary in term of OS and brand, not like iPhone. They are not the same each other so you can not make one single video of how to air mirroring for every android smartphone. Not all people understand this situation

b. Air mirroring will drain your battery really quick

c. Connecting for the first time can be annoying sometime. Your phone doesn't always recognize dongle and you have to restart everything.

That's why I stop using smartphone and change to android TV

Yes, KCA-WL100 is all you need for air mirroring. But mirroring with smartphone is not as easy as it looks like for certain people.

a. You have to be a gadget freak to easily figure out how to connect your android phone. Android phones are vary in term of OS and brand, not like iPhone. They are not the same each other so you can not make one single video of how to air mirroring for every android smartphone. Not all people understand this situation

b. Air mirroring will drain your battery really quick

c. Connecting for the first time can be annoying sometime. Your phone doesn't always recognize dongle and you have to restart everything.

That's why I stop using smartphone and change to android TV

Ok understand. Thank you for your reply.

When you say battery is reffering to phone battery right?

I am having the DDX7015BT installed as i type this.

I don't actually get it. Do you mean you can turn this HU into Andriod platform with apple TV stick?

If this is true then it's really interesting, I can plug in a andriod DVBT2 tuner into TV stick and basically it's the most powerful HU in the market.

↡ Advertisement