2016 Renault Kadjar

Johnc

Sharing some update. Kadjar comes in 2 variant (Standard and Bose). Price as what i guess btwn 120-130k. Will launch in motorshow next week. Omv ~ 25k

↡ Advertisement

OMV about $28K for the Bose version, with every known feature you may ask for in a car ;-)....going for $130K. The basic version is at a lesser $122K.

Pretty impressive at first drive, although i had to turn off the ECO mode to feel the "real" car.

Anyone signed on the dotted line yet?

• Praise 1

Went with bro @fuelsaver to see this car and it was nice meeting him!

IMO, this car has all the bells and whistles and it's not bad actually, supposedly a Qashqai twin.

Trouble is as COE came down, they only reduced $2k from the original intended launch price so it's now $128k for the Bose edition. I can understand their rationale being first launch and COE likely going higher, they can't price it too low and anyway they want to put it on the road quickly so securing COE is a must for new launch cars.

SE said that considering the features, it should be compared with the QQ 2 litre instead which is fair I suppose but engine being 1.5l diesel vs 2l petrol and Nissan branding, I feel it might not sell well as the QQ 2l is cheaper than the Bose edition. A pity I feel in our price sensitive environment which already have some perceptions on French cars, my 2 cents and hope those who have seen the car can rebut me if they don't agree, cheers!!

Edited: Just found out that the QQ 2l OMV is below $20k! So actually Tan Chong earns more and so the Renault AD can't be accused of high margins but just makes you wonder how come their OMV is so much higher for a diesel car albeit with plenty of features.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 6

W is more aggressive in marketing and pricing than TC.

Even Renault is a cold door car in SG, you can see that W is bringing various models and most are very well equipped rather than watered down version (but almost all using 1.5 diesel [laugh] ).

IMO, this car has all the bells and whistles and it's not bad actually, supposedly a Qashqai twin.

Trouble is as COE came down, they only reduced $2k from the original intended launch price so it's now $128k for the Bose edition. I can understand their rationale being first launch and COE likely going higher, they can't price it too low and anyway they want to put it on the road quickly so securing COE is a must for new launch cars.

SE said that considering the features, it should be compared with the QQ 2 litre instead which is fair I suppose but engine being 1.5l diesel vs 2l petrol and Nissan branding, I feel it might not sell well as the QQ 2l is cheaper than the Bose edition. A pity I feel in our price sensitive environment which already have some perceptions on French cars, my 2 cents and hope those who have seen the car can rebut me if they don't agree, cheers!!

Edited: Just found out that the QQ 2l OMV is below $20k! So actually Tan Chong earns more and so the Renault AD can't be accused of high margins but just makes you wonder how come their OMV is so much higher for a diesel car albeit with plenty of features.

Edited by Kangadrool

Tks bro Spring for mentioning me. As usual, conti interior no horse run, although I think they could come w rear AC vents n extendable armrest for front passengers. The Bose sound quality not much diff compared w stock one, except more bass due to sub in spare wheel well compartment. In fact, stock one has 2 more sound settings - mid n bass boost. Diesel clatter can be quite pronounced in all of Renault diesel range I believe. I think it is less insulated than say, Subaru Xv. Driving comfort ok despite on 19"; nvh acceptable for me. Exterior-wise, handsome front but side rear quarter styling reminded me of mz cx-3. I actually preferred the non Bose version rims of 5-diamond holes. The dct gb was as competent as vw one; Wearnes claimed dct manufactured by another German company diff from vw. Personally, I wouldn't commit due to branding, price n gb longer term reliability, n also cevs that results in lesser parf.

Edited by Fuelsaver
  • Praise 1

looks nice actually.

some think that the price may drop after 6mth.

but if we assume omv 25k. basic cost should be approx 62.5k add COE 45k approx 107.5k

haven't count profit margin. typically 10-20  %. so approx 117k min price for this car.

• Praise 1

Renault fluence is also quite well equipped but selling just below 100k. Given Kardaj will have CEV rebate, price should be just above 100k at current COE level to sell

The problem with fluence is the speedometer. sigh.

To share, test drove the Kadjar Bose over the weekend (sneak preview launch).

Bose - 126,999 (OMV - $28k est, CEVS - $15k)

Basic - 119,999

Beautiful exterior and interior. Everything was going well until I drove it. The diesel clatter is exactly as what you hear in a taxi. The gearbox is a 6speed dry clutch. Abit of jerkiness at low speeds or when the torque kicked in.

Do note that the CEVS rebate for QQ2.0 is 0 (from what I have checked on LTA webby) so PARF value is different (not apple to apple comparison between QQ2.0 & Kadjar pricing).

• Praise 1

Test drove on Sunday. Like the safety features (Bose version), good seat support, quiet for diesel engine (radio was off but i could hardly hear the engine sound), versatile arrangement at back storage area. Fine with the boot without one touch closure. Find it to be spacious in front, rear and back storage area.

The lacking items are no full leather seats (can be locally fitted but cost $1k), manual seat adjustment, no rear aircon. Aircon does not seem powerful enough for rear passengers at lowest fan speed (was windy and not hot as Sun was setting).

Only a few Bose version were brought in (almost all sold), the rest are the lower variant which are not selling well. So could have better discount from Wearnes.

• Praise 1

Hi all, this is Sendersen from Renault Sales, firstly l will really like to thank all of your presence and test driven the NEW KADJAR, all products do have their short coming and phraises ,thus it only ranked 7th out of 200 cars in 2015 (Autoexpress). Further with all the precious feedback,1 thing l will like to keep all of you update are the prices for the Motorshow 2016 in Suntec City ; BOSE Edition is $127,999 (not $126,999)and K2S model is $119,999 (Standard). See you all at the MOTORSHOW with the Official launch of the ALL NEW KADJAR

Edited by Sendersen
  • Praise 1

Hi all, this is Sendersen from Renault Sales, firstly l will really like to thank all of your presence and test driven the NEW KADJAR, all products do have their short coming and phraises ,thus it only ranked 7th out of 200 cars in 2015 (Autoexpress). Further with all the precious feedback,1 thing l will like to keep all of you update are the prices for the Motorshow 2016 in Suntec City ; BOSE Edition is $127,999 (not $126,999)and K2S model is $119,999 (Standard). See you all at the MOTORSHOW with the Official launch of the ALL NEW KADJAR

Applause and kudos to you for your opening interest and willingness to come to this level to engage the forum and share.

Well done Renault Sales for attempting to connect with your ground swell of forumers as well as the silent surfing readers

Edited by EricChan

For the diff in OMV, for a start, Diesel cost more than petrol variant in most of not all countries (mainly due to higher demand and excellent fuel efficiency akin to LED light vs floroscent light). Next, as all have mentioned, Kadjar has all the bells and whistle which you can think of, so it reflect in the cost.

On a seperate note, with Jap Yen at one of the lowest level in recent years, and that the QQ is already in the market for sometime (coming to 2 years iirc), pricing (OMV) appears to have soften too.

• Praise 3

For the diff in OMV, for a start, Diesel cost more than petrol variant in most of not all countries (mainly due to higher demand and excellent fuel efficiency akin to LED light vs floroscent light). Next, as all have mentioned, Kadjar has all the bells and whistle which you can think of, so it reflect in the cost.

On a seperate note, with Jap Yen at one of the lowest level in recent years, and that the QQ is already in the market for sometime (coming to 2 years iirc), pricing (OMV) appears to have soften too.

Good points bro! Like VW, French cars don't have the best reputation I'm afraid so it will take some convincing before our local buyers bite and by pricing it high, it became even harder to convince though one has to be fair that their specs are high.

Time is always a precious commodity for us locals and possible downtime will deter buyers from committing unless it is a premium brand where for obvious reasons, buyers more willing to take a chance, unfair I know but that's life I'm afraid. If not wrong, Wearnes giving 5 year warranty and some free servicing which may help convince those on the fence so this may help to push this otherwise reasonably good car. 

• Praise 3

More to come? Potential buyer of Renault diesel model better take note.

A new scandal is about to hit the automotive industry as there are some suspicions Renault has its very own Dieselgate.

According to an official with the CGT union at Renault’s operations in Lardy, agents from the Economy Ministry’s fraud office visited several Renault sites that deal with standards testing and engine certification. This has fueled speculations the probe is actually about emissions standards as it was the case with the Volkswagen Group.

French anti-fraud detectives have apparently seized some computers from various Renault sites and right now it is believed an investigation is being conducted to find out whether Renault manipulated emissions tests.

• Praise 3

Singapore will not get this, as it is LHD only.

RHD is catually in the pipeline, but given the ongoing dieselgate, as well as challenging scene in the full size MPV sector, don't think this car will be a big hit worldwide.

Renault Espace 1.6dci Emissions are up to 20x Above Limit

http://www.motor1.com/news/59773/environmental-lobby-says-renault-espace-1-6-dci-emissions-are-up-to-25x-above-limit

German environmental lobby group DUH published a report today concerning the Renault Espace fitted with the 1.6 dCi engine.

The results are quite scandalous as the MPV had nitrogen oxide emissions of up to 25 times higher than the current limit mentioned in the Euro 6 regulations.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3