Infiniti Q30 Hatchback

Eyke

(edited)

Looks very nice, but very small interior. If you don't use the back seat much for passengers then it might be ok. But for $119,800 you do have a lot of other options as well. Besides the CHR , Niro , Ionic, there's also the XV and ASX and even the Renault Kadjar, all selling for much less. But yeah, the Q30 has the nicest looking interior in my opinion 

I am currently driving Veloster 1.6T so space is not an issue haha. Sorry no mitsubishi for me. As for Renault and Toyota, et al, i would like to think Infiniti is at least 1 level higher than them so if the price all around the same, Q30 would be the best choice. Going for test drive later....a bit concerned about the extent of the underpoweredness....

Edited by Kar_lover
↡ Advertisement

I am currently driving Veloster 1.6T so space is not an issue haha. Sorry no mitsubishi for me. As for Renault and Toyota, et al, i would like to think Infiniti is at least 1 level higher than them. Going for test drive later....a bit concerned about the extent of the underpoweredness....

Best of luck!

If you have the time and can be bothered, after test driving the Q30 , hop over to Renault and and try the Kadjar, and tell us what you think. :-)

I think the two are supposed to have the same engine. 

Best of luck!

If you have the time and can be bothered, after test driving the Q30 , hop over to Renault and and try the Kadjar, and tell us what you think. :-)

I actually quite like Kadjar.....but Infiniti badge more atas haha...and if i wanted crossover/suv then i more likely to take the Tucson 1.6T. It would have more go then either the Q30 or Kadjar. 

• Praise 1

Best of luck!

Just did the test drive. Have to say i dont feel it's underpowered. But i guess different ppl have different perception/expectation.

Supercharged

Best of luck!

should be after go test A-Class coz it's based on A-Class
  • Praise 1

Just did the test drive. Have to say i dont feel it's underpowered. But i guess different ppl have different perception/expectation.

Cool! It's supposed to be decently powered at the mid range. Did you place an order :-)

should be after go test A-Class coz it's based on A-Class

I think you're referring to the petrol version.  If I'm not mistaken, the turbodiesel version for the Q30 shares the same engine as the Renault Kadjar. 

(edited)

I think you're referring to the petrol version.  If I'm not mistaken, the turbodiesel version for the Q30 shares the same engine as the Renault Kadjar. 

My SE said it is the same engine but Kadjar is tuned to lower performance.

Cool! It's supposed to be decently powered at the mid range. Did you place an order :-)

Unfortunately no....at least not yet haha....the $119,800 price is for the base model which don't have many things. The premium one which is $127,800 has Bose sound system, alcantara leather, digital climate control, auto folding mirror and a few other cosmetic stuff like the door sill. The basic one all these don't have. So it suddenly didn't look like that good a deal in the end...

Edited by Kar_lover

My SE said it is the same engine but Kadjar is tuned to lower performance.

Unfortunately no....at least not yet haha....the $119,800 price is for the base model which don't have many things. The premium one which is $127,800 has Bose sound system, alcantara leather, digital climate control, auto folding mirror and a few other cosmetic stuff like the door sill. The basic one all these don't have. So it suddenly didn't look like that good a deal in the end...

I see. Actually, if you wanted to save yourself some money you could probably change the stereo , re-upholster, and install auto folding side mirrors on your own for under 3k, I think. Anyway, good luck on your eventual purchase. Hopefully, Coe comes down some more and with it, the price of the premium version.
  • Praise 1

I see. Actually, if you wanted to save yourself some money you could probably change the stereo , re-upholster, and install auto folding side mirrors on your own for under 3k, I think. Anyway, good luck on your eventual purchase. Hopefully, Coe comes down some more and with it, the price of the premium version.

Yep i know. On the flip side the premium model is a better buy (discount is greater) and over the course of 7 years loan, the monthly difference is not much and it feels better that things are "factory installed" though i am slightly nervous about the alcantara. 

Yeah, i am waiting to see if COE goes down further. I am sure this is not the last promo of the year. Sure have more the next 6 mths.

(edited)

My bro just bought the q30 basic 1.5d copper at 120k. 119k is cheap. He test drove the kadjar, c4 and ds4 which is all cheaper than q30 but back out due to worries abt reliability. French cars are known for electronics problems. Even the infiniti se used to work for citroen and she complained abt the electronics problems from many customers until she can't handle and come here. Yes the warranty and features are better for french cars because they break down offen and need to hard sell. Q30 is a cheap mb gla. Even the steering wheel is leather wrap so more value for money.

Edited by Munhua2
  • Praise 1

(edited)

My bro just bought the q30 basic 1.5d copper at 120k. 119k is cheap. He test drove the kadjar, c4 and ds4 which is all cheaper than q30 but back out due to worries abt reliability. French cars are known for electronics problems. Even the infiniti se used to work for citroen and she complained abt the electronics problems from many customers until she can't handle and come here. Yes the warranty and features are better for french cars because they break down offen and need to hard sell. Q30 is a cheap mb gla. Even the steering wheel is leather wrap so more value for money.

Even the same price BMW 116d cannot beat it as it can only sit 4 ppl as rear wheel drive. Only the BMW 216d AT can beat it as more spacious but 20k more. However i won't buy the q30 as i got 2 kids unlike my single bro as quite cramped at the back. Edited by Munhua2

i was told the engine for Infiniti q30 diesel is shared with Renault since Infiniti is owned by Nissan and Nissan is owned by Renault. isn't Renault a french brand ?
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I think you're referring to the petrol version. If I'm not mistaken, the turbodiesel version for the Q30 shares the same engine as the Renault Kadjar.

A class runs on petrol and power not as good as q30.

Although share same diesel with kadjar but still not as powerful and responsive as q30. Think due to the high CG and 19" tyres although both weight about same.

Edited by Ahpatgo
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Yeah 119k is cheap but actually for the premium model, the dp and monthly installment is not very big difference so if i was getting i will still get the premium model for long term satisfaction.

Anyway congrats to ur bro!!

Supercharged

Even the same price BMW 116d cannot beat it as it can only sit 4 ppl as rear wheel drive. Only the BMW 216d AT can beat it as more spacious but 20k more. However i won't buy the q30 as i got 2 kids unlike my single bro as quite cramped at the back.

I prefer Q30 interior anyway so i also would take Q30 over 216d. But to be fair, the Q30 transmission tunnel is quite big too. I wonder why.

I prefer Q30 interior anyway so i also would take Q30 over 216d. But to be fair, the Q30 transmission tunnel is quite big too. I wonder why.

Unfortunately Infiniti brand is not popular here wat to mod also very difficult so it is recommended to go for premium. My bro too kiam already.

• Praise 1

Unfortunately Infiniti brand is not popular here wat to mod also very difficult so it is recommended to go for premium. My bro too kiam already.

I just bought my Q30 yesterday :) 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2